Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic society

Thread: Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic society

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Default Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic society

From Channel 9 Eyewitness news:

Cops: Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic Society

A woman armed with a sword and a gun approached a school at the Islamic Society on N. Goldenrod Road Wednesday, Orlando investigators said.
    Investigators said the woman, whose name was not released, was arrested.
    The school was placed on lockdown, but has since reopened.
    Oh my God, my four younger siblings attend this school ;_; I'm so glad they caught her, this could've been another tragedy! I'm still shaking.

How many more people will try this?! I'm losing faith in our world, I really am.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic society

Lock her up and throw away the key. with a huge dose of public Humiliation and shaming

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sword-wielding woman arrested after approaching school at Islamic society

I'm surprised they make more mention of the sword than the gun. I find the latter more worrying.

Though I suppose the sword is more unusual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farewell, friend View Post
    How many more people will try this?! I'm losing faith in our world, I really am.
    So long as the major media outlets continue to publicize the latest mass shooting or killings, there will always be followers whom, upon hearing someone else was "shunned by society" and thus started their rampage, will follow. We need to prevent the world's from broadcasting it, keep it localized and make the news story as boring as possible, as well as not revealing any details about the murderer, lest many others shunned come to view them as anti-heroes and follow their lead. Of course that won't happen, since these things bring eyes to screens.

Anyway, I'm unsure as to the cause of this, since that website is only giving me a blue screen with "No Update". Regardless, I'm happy that your siblings are safe and hope you well. I'm glad she was caught before any potential harm could have been done.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

WOW.

When will people stop assaults on schools?

And why? Is it because of the media paying so much attention to the killer and not the victim? It's like saying the murder of Abraham Lincoln happened around this time, and the killer gets more attention than the President himself.

I'm losing more and more faith in the world.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farewell, friend View Post
    So long as the major media outlets continue to publicize the latest mass shooting or killings, there will always be followers whom, upon hearing someone else was "shunned by society" and thus started their rampage, will follow. We need to prevent the world's from broadcasting it, keep it localized and make the news story as boring as possible, as well as not revealing any details about the murderer, lest many others shunned come to view them as anti-heroes and follow their lead. Of course that won't happen, since these things bring eyes to screens.
    To be fair, whilst I realise that the sensationalism does attract copycats, I don't think ignoring the problem will solve it, and I object to the implication that press should be forced to play down stories. We'd be better off looking at more proactive measures, like gun control.

Anyway, I'm unsure as to the cause of this, since that website is only giving me a blue screen with "No Update".
    These are what she's talking about.

NY Daily News quote:

No one seems to know why she did it atm, it's all realy bizarre though. Like, why walk around with an unsheathed sword, in a place you have no prior connection with, not attack anyone, and pretend to not speak English on discovery? :s

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I'm surprised they make more mention of the sword than the gun. I find the latter more worrying.

That's precisely why they're playing up the sword, I think. It allows for an element of absurdity to be added to the story (which likely wouldn't have been possible to add in good taste had the attack succeeded).

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post

Armed and wielding are different. Armed means carrying/in possession of, wielding actually means that the weapon is ready for immediate use. I'm technically armed when I carry a knife in my pocket, but I'm not wielding it until I have it in my hand with the blade opened. That's why the sword was the focus, because she actually had it out.

Did she even really have a gun though...? I can't find an article that mentions it, other than the quote that started this thread. I'm thinking they just assumed she had one because, well, apparently everybody who has mental issues carries guns when they're arrested.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

I can't even express these feels in prose, so I'm going to pretend like life is EarthBound.

Aura-kun leveled down!
    Oh, man! Rage increased!
    Oh, man! Faith in humanity decreased!
    Levelheadedness decreased!
    Willpower decreased!
    Political discourse level decreased!
    Oh, man! Desire to change the world increased!

(Is it "oh, man" that means something increased more than normal? I forgot.)
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Why are there so many people targeting schools? What on earth do they have against children?