Shooting at Newtown Elementary School [NOT for debates on gun control] - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Shooting at Newtown Elementary School [NOT for debates on gun control]

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Shooting at Newtown Elementary School [NOT for debates on gun control]

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouzan View Post
    This is relevant to the discussion. A lot of people believed that Morgan Free said this until it was confirmed that he didn't. Morgan Freeman Didn’t Make Newtown Statement, Rep Confirms
    Though no matter who did, it's still relevant to this situation:

No matter who said it, I agree with completely. The media tends to focus more on the shooters rather than the victims when things like this happen. Though this could change with this shooting after that quote was posted online. This morning the local Fox New station, Fox2, interrupted their broadcast every so often to acknowledge the victims instead of focusing on the gunman. I'm not sure if it was in response to one of the executives or producers seeing the quotes online of if it was out of sheer sympathy that they did. But either way, it's nice that media is finally acknowledging those whose lives were taken instead of the shooter. People magazine also posted a list on their website which has pictures of the victims along with some details about their lives. So if anyone was wanting to know more about them and what they looked like, this is pretty helpful.
    Tragedy: The Connecticut School Shooting : The Newtown Victims : People.com
    This, this, this a thousand times this.

I have made it a point to forget that this guy even existed. As I have told many of my co-workers: the victims I will never forget. The shooter I will never remember.
    But don't forget the shooter's family. Forgive me for saying this but I believe they are going through so much more. He ruined all of they're lives and they aren't getting any candlelight vigils, no they are getting death threats. And they lost someone that day too.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

Default Re: Shooting at Newtown Elementary School [NOT for debates on gun control]

But don't forget the shooter's family. Forgive me for saying this but I believe they are going through so much more. He ruined all of they're lives and they aren't getting any candlelight vigils, no they are getting death threats. And they lost someone that day too.
    This.

The ONLY one who nobody should be talking about is the shooter. But the family of the shooter deserves the same sympathy the families of the children and adults who were victims.
    I can't stand watching the news and they mention all the victim's names, and leaves out the mother of the shooter.. and everyone blames her for her ADULT son's actions. Sure she knew her son had problems and still had guns, but no mother, NO parent wants to imagine or think of their own child being capable of committing such a horrible crime. Her son wasn't a child, he was an adult who has all responsibility for his actions. His mother did the best she can to take care of him. She was a single mother.

She doesn't deserve all this bullshit she's getting. It was a bad choice on her to keep guns with a screwed up child, but I repeat.. no parent wants to believe their child would murder.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouzan View Post
    This is relevant to the discussion. A lot of people believed that Morgan Freeman said this until it was confirmed that he didn't. Morgan Freeman Didn’t Make Newtown Statement, Rep Confirms
    Though no matter who did, it's still relevant to this situation:

No matter who said it, I agree with completely. The media tends to focus more on the shooters rather than the victims when things like this happen. Though this could change with this shooting after that quote was posted online. This morning the local Fox New station, Fox2, interrupted their broadcast every so often to acknowledge the victims instead of focusing on the gunman. I'm not sure if it was in response to one of the executives or producers seeing the quotes online of if it was out of sheer sympathy that they did. But either way, it's nice that media is finally acknowledging those whose lives were taken instead of the shooter. People magazine also posted a list on their website which has pictures of the victims along with some details about their lives. So if anyone was wanting to know more about them and what they looked like, this is pretty helpful.
    Tragedy: The Connecticut School Shooting : The Newtown Victims : People.com
    This, this, this a thousand times this. With all the pain they're going through with their loss, they deserve the same respect as the victims themselves.

I have made it a point to forget that this guy even existed. As I have told many of my co-workers: the victims I will never forget. The shooter I will never remember.
    I agree with that completely. And considering one of the victims was the shooter's mother too. She was the first one killed and it's sad that she may be the only one from his family or any of the other victim's family to get recognition and a candlelight vigil.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I also agree with this. While the shooter's actions were unacceptable and horrible, the fact that people are actually sending the shooter's families death threats is disgusting. The mother was a victim and you hardly hear about her. The favoritism shown by some media in cases like this are disturbing.

Also, I don't think it's fair to criticize the media for getting information's fault for getting false information from trying to be the first to report. When situations happen, people want the news quick and fast, so the media was doing it's job to deliver that information in a timely manner. During 9/11 they got facts incorrect, but they provided news and info almost immediately. At the end of the day, media is forced to choose between, quick, but possibly inaccurate, or slow but fact checked
    Last edited by Pokemaster97; 19th December 2012 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

It's an awful thing. Dealing out pain among strangers is something only a twisted idiot would do. No matter how much rage you feel, you're only destroying the lives of innocent people. It's horrible that those children had to die, when they could have had an amazing life ahead, amazing experiences, and done amazing things. It's just as bad that those teachers lost their lives, and those other people had to suffer. It's a tragedy that things like this happen as often as they do.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

This was really heartbreaking to hear, in all honesty. Especially hearing that there was so many kids that were dead. I hope all of them are in a better place and are resting in peace. God, people these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123