Royal baby born to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Royal baby born to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Default Royal baby born to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William

The BBC announced at 8pm that a royal baby boy had been born at 16:24, GMT. The name is yet to be revealed. A formal bulletin is to arrive at Buckingham Palace in a few moments. Prime Minister David Cameron congratulates the couple. The Queen was present.

EDIT: Bulletin has arrived. Baby and mother are doing well medically.

Haters gonna hate

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Royal baby born to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William

Oh great, yet another privileged baby is born destined to reside over us all in the lap of luxury based on no merit or achievement whatsoever.

The French had the right idea about what to do with their monarchy! ;)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Royal baby born to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William

Congratulations for them! I still like my sister's baby better, but theirs is okay too.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Congratulations, someone who isn't even 12 hours old is already more famous than we will ever be in our lifetimes, simply because he popped out of someone who got hitched to someone whose ancestor lobbed off somebody else's head.

My mum was fixated on Sky News all day long and it was pretty funny to see what they were doing to try and fill the time as everyone waited. Some of the people they interviewed ranged from absolute idiots to pompous oaths. The reporters once even asked what the birthing suite will have in it, to which the reply was "a bed and chairs"....well, I certainly hope that Kate wasn't expected to stand up during all of it xD.

There were also reports that Prince William is eligible for two weeks of paternity leave. If he does take it, it will be a bloody mockery to the system - like he really needs the money!

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Congratulations, someone who isn't even 12 hours old is already more famous than we will ever be in our lifetimes, simply because he popped out of someone who got hitched to someone whose ancestor lobbed off somebody else's head.

In all honesty i do feel really bad for that new baby that was born. he is not going to have a normal life like North West. Because we all will have national and global front page, end of WW2 bold headlines for the Royal Baby's first step, word, tantrum, burp, ect,ect. As Disney and Nick have proved that jamming cameras into childrens faces constantly have been VERY detrimental to them. i do wish them all well but to me this whole thing is filed under "In other News..." because they are not my friends or family so it doesnt really apply to me. I just hope Hetalia doesnt get their hands on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

My mum was fixated on Sky News all day long and it was pretty funny to see what they were doing to try and fill the time as everyone waited. Some of the people they interviewed ranged from absolute idiots to pompous oaths. The reporters once even asked what the birthing suite will have in it, to which the reply was "a bed and chairs"....well, I certainly hope that Kate wasn't expected to stand up during all of it xD.

There were also reports that Prince William is eligible for two weeks of paternity leave. If he does take it, it will be a bloody mockery to the system - like he really needs the money!
    I am in total agreement. And besides, there are more important things to worry about than some baby that will one day be 'king'. And this reminds me of one episode of The Roast which covered the baby's life in advance including his first day at university. This should go to "in other news..." in my opinion though. So it is best to avoid the media for the next couple of days.
    97SaturnSL1 and Joshawott like this.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I do agree that it's interesting how media the decides which news is more important than other news. I think that the attention on certain stories is even reflected on BMGf. This article already has about 7 replies to it, meanwhile the thread about the "Contaminated Lunches that Killed 22 Children in India" has 0 replies. Even though majority of the comments were more negative, it still managed to get more attention than some others.
    Scarlet Sky likes this.

Blog Entries

Must be an unpopular opinion, but I'm all here for Baby Cambridge. Go Royal Family!
    Jolene likes this.

Blog Entries

A town near mine, Carrickfergus, was so unbelievably happy (the couple are the Baron and Baroness of Carrickfergus)

This baby really doesn't know how important he is.

Haters gonna hate

Dragonborn Sorcerer Lord Naarghul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My gripe is that this is a big story - but it's a big story for Britain. Why should the U.S. really care beyond diplomatically acknowledging it? The reason we are a country is because we got away from having to deal with the British monarchy.
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow...

in the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die and know...

Blog Entries

I don't see what the big deal is. Yes, we fought for independence to escape the British Monarchy, but that is the past. Simply being excited about this isn't going to make the a monarchy magically rule America again. Frankly, it's nice to have some pleasant news for once, instead of the normal unpleasantries of news, even for a day. Some are acting like all other news is being utterly ignored.

Also the babies name is George Alexander Louis:
    BBC News - Royal baby: William and Kate name their son George
    Hollywood, Cariad and Mokoniki like this.

Y > X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. Yes, we fought for independence to escape the British Monarchy, but that is the past. Simply being excited about this isn't going to make the a monarchy magically rule America again. Frankly, it's nice to have some pleasant news for once, instead of the normal unpleasantries of news, even for a day. Some are acting like all other news is being utterly ignored.

Also the babies name is George Alexander Louis:
    BBC News - Royal baby: William and Kate name their son George
    YES! I KNEW HE'D BE CALLED GEORGE! My sister owes me £10. :3

The big deal is that one day he'll run the United Kingdom. No, the monarchy won't rule America when George comes to the throne, but this is still a big deal over here in the UK.
    Leggo likes this.

Haters gonna hate

追放されたバカ

But he won't "rule the country" he will live in a palace at the taxpayers expense having every whim catered to, despite doing nothing to deserve all this attention.

The monarch has no influence they're just overly privileged. I'm 100% against hereditary privilege. America and France have the right idea!
    Spyspotter likes this.

I am not actually a Brit, but good luck with the royal life, your royal cuteness
    Jolene and Hollywood like this.
    Coming soon... Vinesauce corrupts Pokemon! Join Vinny as he catches Pokemon like he'd never seen before!

This way leads to Argolis, but with the power you havepartxnbbcqalwxww
    un2MG0040114A10000 00010
    0_6j00 0 SWXUPLLXVHDMD B
    RYHYN

Blog Entries

I think of a time in the future, when I tell my kids about the birth of the Prince and how I really didn't give a shit.
    Mokoniki and Booster the Gawd like this.
    Smart enough to use forth in the wrong context
    Claims: Metagross and Travis Touchdown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast