President Morsi overthrown in Egypt

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Caitlin

Thread: President Morsi overthrown in Egypt

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default President Morsi overthrown in Egypt

President Morsi overthrown in Egypt

The Egyptian army has overthrown President Mohamed Morsi, announcing a roadmap for the country’s political future that will be implemented by a National Reconciliation Committee.

The head of Egypt's armed forces issued a declaration on Wednesday evening suspending the constitution and appointing the head of the constitutional court as interim head of state.

In a televised broadcast, flanked by military leaders, religious authorities and political figures, General Abdel
    Fattah al-Sisi effectively declared the removal of elected Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.

Sisi called for presidential and parliamentary elections, a panel to review the constitution and a national reconciliation committee that would include youth movements. He said the roadmap had been agreed by a range of political groups.
    Well it's been 1 year...this is a problem with a new democracy, everyone goes to the streets right away. I dunno it's a really bad prescient if the first democratically elected government in decades is toppled through street protests rather than elections.
    Last edited by Netto Azure; 3rd July 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: President Morsi overthrown in Egypt

I think they are trying to make up for all the years they couldn't protest by protesting every five minutes.

In all seriousness, Egypt has a long way to go before becoming a proper Democracy. This man was elected freely and fairly and this is just an abuse of power by the army to do this. They need to learn the number one rule of democracy. Patience. If the guy chosen does a bad job, you wait until the next election to kick him out. If he he is being outright corrupt, the constitution should have provision for civil removal such as impeachment. Having a coup every time a President does a bad job is just plain stupid.

Y > X

Head Bus Driver Big Lutz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

By law if this is a military coup, the U.S. is required to suspend all military aid to Egypt

Furthermore apparently the son of the President has taken to twitter telling the followers of his father to "Kill them where u find them"

This may be the start of a Civil War

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I think they are trying to make up for all the years they couldn't protest by protesting every five minutes.

In all seriousness, Egypt has a long way to go before becoming a proper Democracy. This man was elected freely and fairly and this is just an abuse of power by the army to do this. They need to learn the number one rule of democracy. Patience. If the guy chosen does a bad job, you wait until the next election to kick him out. If he he is being outright corrupt, the constitution should have provision for civil removal such as impeachment. Having a coup every time a President does a bad job is just plain stupid.
    The real problem was they made it too easy to amend the Constitution, and so Morsi essentially made himself almost as powerful as the dictator he replaced. I don't think it would have been possible to check his power/overthrow him any other way.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

"Power resides where men believe it resides." sums up the atmosphere in Egypt fairly well. People believed in Morsi when he was elected (myself included, he seemed genuine, he put a stop to Israel and Palestine's bickering again, etc). Then he started grabbing all of the authority that he could and people began to realise where the power really was; the army. Those who have the power of life and death. So they believed in the army, the army took him down from power and now there's a new interim running the show. And so the cycle continues.

That said, I'm very hopeful for this new guy I've been hearing about. He's modern, he's secular, he's pro west. I'm sure it'll be a bumpy road in the region for someone like him, having to deal with Syria (if Assad keeps his grasp for much longer), the hard lines in Israel, Palestine and Lebanon, as well as terrorist groups who will be looking for their piece of the pie. I hope he can hold shit together long enough for things to stabilize, as a civil war in Egypt will basically spell the end of the Suez Canal, killing the world economy.
    Italy-kun and Jolene like this.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Egypt....Explained! - YouTube

A video for everyone that explains this very well.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Islamist groups and parties are being aimed at everywhere around the world. Specially the US do not want them to succeed and flourish well. This was what happened in Egypt. The military coups had all the support of the US coups that is why it never condemned the military's action in overthrowing Morsi who did not want the US interventions in Egypt's internal and external affairs.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Too bad... Egypt goes down after the Revolution... I worried if this expands to Pyramids.