Parents of 'Adolf Hitler' lose custody of newborn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Parents of 'Adolf Hitler' lose custody of newborn

Blog Entries

Default Parents of 'Adolf Hitler' lose custody of newborn

The New Jersey parents who were thrust into the national spotlight for naming their son Adolf Hitler lost custody of their newest baby boy just hours after he was delivered, the family said.

Heath and Deborah Campbell told the Lehigh Valley's Express-Times that child welfare agents took their son, Hons Campbell, at around 6:50 p.m. on Thursday after the doctor who delivered him called the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services.

Baby Hons was born at around 2 a.m. Thursday after the doctor induced labor on Wednesday evening, the newspaper reported.

Heath Campbell said he doesn't know why the agency took his baby boy.

"There's no legal binding court order," Campbell said. "It's basically a kidnapping, but they use different terms."

The agency told the Expess-Times that they are prohibited by law from commenting on specific cases.

Little Adolf Hitler, 5, along with his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, were taken into custody in 2009.

An appeals court last year ruled that parents would not regain custody because both suffered from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities that put the children at serious risk.

A family court previously found evidence that the children had been abused or neglected.

The Campbells have been fighting to regain custody of the children, calling the abuse charges bogus and claiming that child services took their brood because of their Nazi-inspired names.

A court hearing to determine whether the pair will get to keep little Hons has been scheduled for Monday, the Express-Times said.

Link:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/parents-boy-named-adolf-hitler-lose-custody-fourth-child-hours-birth-article-1.980371#ixzz1eI5qwv4d
    Last edited by Girly Princess; 21st November 2011 at 10:36 AM.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Parents of 'Adolf Hitler' lose custody of newborn

Taking away a kid because of their name isn't right. Besides, his name isn't "Adolf Hitler". His name is Adolf Cambell. Hitler is his middle name. If the parents are unsuited to take care of children in any case, then it would be different. But if they were taken solely because of their names, they should be given back right now.
    Girly Princess and Jaden like this.

Blog Entries

I found this The New Jersey parents who were thrust into the national spotlight for naming their son Adolf Hitler lost custody of their newest baby boy just hours after he was delivered, the family said.

Heath and Deborah Campbell told the Lehigh Valley's Express-Times that child welfare agents took their son, Hons Campbell, at around 6:50 p.m. on Thursday after the doctor who delivered him called the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services.

Baby Hons was born at around 2 a.m. Thursday after the doctor induced labor on Wednesday evening, the newspaper reported.

Heath Campbell said he doesn't know why the agency took his baby boy.

"There's no legal binding court order," Campbell said. "It's basically a kidnapping, but they use different terms."

The agency told the Expess-Times that they are prohibited by law from commenting on specific cases.

Little Adolf Hitler, 5, along with his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, were taken into custody in 2009.

An appeals court last year ruled that parents would not regain custody because both suffered from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities that put the children at serious risk.

A family court previously found evidence that the children had been abused or neglected.

The Campbells have been fighting to regain custody of the children, calling the abuse charges bogus and claiming that child services took their brood because of their Nazi-inspired names.

A court hearing to determine whether the pair will get to keep little Hons has been scheduled for Monday, the Express-Times said.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It's not like naming your child "Adolf Hitler" will somehow bring back the Nazis and cause WWIII.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

To name a child Adolf as a standalone name would be fair enough, but Adolf Hitler, Aryan Nation and Hinler (Himmler much?)? Something isn't right and I agree that naming children that could bring about so much risk to them in the future that is honestly despicable parenting. To take them away though? Before they resorted to something so drastic they should have forced a name change or something.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    It's not like naming your child "Adolf Hitler" will somehow bring back the Nazis and cause WWIII.
    Yes, because that is clearly the chief concern here......

I think it has more to do with the fact that the child could be at risk of suffering all kinds of abuse because of the name his parents have given him.
    The Outrage likes this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that the child could be at risk of suffering all kinds of abuse because of the name his parents have given him.
    I agree with this, those names are going to do nothing but cause problems for the kids. Other kids will probably seriously harass this kid to the point of daily beatings and who knows, he could probably be discriminated against by his teachers and what not as well. Not to mention the problem with finding a job in the future.
    Green Zubat likes this.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Couldn't they have just forced the parents to change their kids' names instead of this?
    HumanDawn and Owain like this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    Couldn't they have just forced the parents to change their kids' names instead of this?
    They could have, but it's obvious the parents just didnt do this for laughs. Like the article said, they have some sort of mental illness or something of that sort which is why the kids are being taken away (and why they named their kids that in the first place I presume).

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    I agree with this, those names are going to do nothing but cause problems for the kids. Other kids will probably seriously harass this kid to the point of daily beatings and who knows, he could probably be discriminated against by his teachers and what not as well. Not to mention the problem with finding a job in the future.
    While I agree it's not the ideal situation, if I may butt in here, they could just homeschool the kid. Or maybe a charter school that has kids who are a little more understanding of the fact that their parents were being stupid when they named their kid Adolf Hitler Cambell. Furthermore, he could just not reveal his middle name to his classmates (if he goes to school), or he could go by his initials, making his name A.H. Cambell. And I think employers for future jobs will understand that his name wasn't his choice. It's not like he's going to be completely unscathed as a result of his parents making a horrible name choice, but there are ways to minimize it so it doesn't get to be too much.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    They could have, but it's obvious the parents just didnt do this for laughs. Like the article said, they have some sort of mental illness or something of that sort which is why the kids are being taken away (and why they named their kids that in the first place I presume).
    The thing I don't understand with the "mental illness" part of the decision is that they didn't specify what disorders of concern they may have. Are they bipolar? Are they schizophrenic? All I'm saying is that they haven't specified, so I and probably many other people would like them to specify. Until then, while they're just saying "unspecified mental illness", I'm skeptical of them having those maladies in the first place.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    THIS THIS THIS OMFG, why take away the child, that's an overreaction.

Also, i'm a bit skeptical about those ''mental ilnesses that they both suffer'', and i don't know about New Jersey's laws, but here in Brazil we can change our own names once we're of age.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The children can choose to change their own names once they are of age. It will be perfectly understandable if they choose to do this when they are adults. They cant help that their parents chose these names, no one is going to blame them for something they had no control over. Im wondering what exactly the mental illness these parents have, cause that could explain why the children were removed, though I honestly believe the children shouldnt have been taken away unless they could prove the parents were unfit to raise them.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Fascinating how many that's willing to ignore this. You'd think that has something to do with it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Fascinating how many that's willing to ignore this. You'd think that has something to do with it...
    I can't help but think this is supposed to apply to me, and I, for one, noticed that. To me, this case is all about why the kids were taken away. If they were taken solely because of their names, they should be given back. If there were other factors involved, then this is just like any other custody battle. It's not my business. What do I know about their family history?

Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they found out the kids were being abused after taking them away, as the news strongly implies...
    Then given the logic employed, Earl Turner should be rotting in jail for mass murder and conspiracy, not playing in bands with David Rodgers.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast