Ohio School Shooter Sentenced to Life in Prison

Thread: Ohio School Shooter Sentenced to Life in Prison

Blog Entries

Default Ohio School Shooter Sentenced to Life in Prison

Ohio school shooter, wearing 'KILLER' T-shirt, sentenced to life in prison - U.S. News

An Ohio judge has sentenced T.J. Lane, the Ohio teen charged with shooting three students to death and wounding three others last February, to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Lane showed up to his sentencing wearing a white T-shirt with the word "KILLER" in capital letters scrawled on it -- the same word police say he had emblazoned on his shirt the day of the shootings at Chardon High School.
    This story is chilling. And although I don't mean to come across negatively, with the publicity of school shootings over the past 6 months, that's not even what shocked me; the shooter's reactions to the victim's families and even his own relatives were what caught my attention. It begs the question, though: Is it possible to kill with no motive and without any remorse? What do you think?

My prayers go out to the victims and their families. My prayers also go out to T.J., the shooter, and his family. Albeit a killer, it's a shame to see someone with supposed potential waste it in such a dramatic and horrendous way, on both fronts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ohio School Shooter Sentenced to Life in Prison

Is it possible to kill with no motive and without any remorse? What do you think?
    There's always a motive. The motive in the case of most serial killers is simply that their brain is telling them to do it. Another big reason is the notoriety. For someone who is usually completely ignored in day to day life, killing some people means recognition, almost celebrity status, if you lack empathy you can almost see why they do it. I think evil people exist but the large majorities of crimes like this are comitted by psychopaths, so in that sense, I can't really hate them. I'm glad he's been put away though. There should be more offenders put in mental institutions than prisons, but that's kind of hypocritical because I'd hate to think of an offender being released, even if he was 'cured'.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

There was an article on him in my country. They reported the boy was giggling and giving people the middle finger all the while he was sentenced to prison for life.

Definitely not someone with normal brains -.-

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that is just EVIL and sickening beyond comprehension. i will be AMAZED if he survives jail within a year. many people including most criminals DONT like people who hurt or kill innocent children. and what he did is just adding fuel to the fire. his defence attorny was just as bad in defending that maniac killer. I am shocked that no body in the court tryed to lunge at him. oh well he will get whats coming to him sooner or later.

Blog Entries

What the hell. I fail to understand why people shoot at each-other already, but people younger than you? The human race is twisted...

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    What the hell. I fail to understand why people shoot at each-other already, but people younger than you? The human race is twisted...
    Some people are twisted, yes, but not all of the human race is like this...

Anyway, I'm glad to see another creep locked away for good. Should put him in solitary so nobody can see him, imo.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

@CrackFox: Part of the law is that if you don't have a defense attorney, you will be given one. In felony cases, even if you're obviously guilty, you will still be given an attorney. I'm guessing the man who took the killer's defense was no more happy with it than you are.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

I live in Ohio by the Chardon Area... I hope the son of B**** rots in there miserably... He's gonna find out right away that prisoners don't like people who hurt/kill/abuse minors at all! He should just die in there for all I care!

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

You know, I think the one thing that appals me most about tragedies like this isn't actually the killing itself, it's the self-righteous judgement that gets dished on the killers in the aftermath. You'd think after someone goes and remorselessly shoots up a cafeteria full of kids people it might click with the general public that these kinds of people are indeed very sick in the head, and just maybe need some kind of psychological help. But nope, people just get on their high horses, pass judgement, and move on and repeat the cycle the next time it inevitably happens.

Leaving killers to rot in jail does nothing for society but to make the affected feel better, as well as sharpen the convicted's criminal skill set. It would be much better, IMO, actually focus on rehabilitation as opposed to soaking our hands in their blood for our own satisfaction.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's general "what's wrong with the American prison system 101!", but it doesn't quite apply here. This isn't a young kid thrown in jail for committing a minor crime, like drug possession or thievery, and coming out as a hardened criminal without any prospects, this is a kid who already shot up a school and showed no remorse, at this point I don't think there's anyway he can turn out worse. Plus, he's got life in prison...it's not like "sharpening his skill set" matters.

Not sure how people are being on their high horses by being shocked by a remorseless killer who openly mocked his victims families during the trial, I think we're pretty fair in the judgment we're passing down on him.