DIPLOMACY: North Korea Threatens to Nuke Washington Over Sanctions - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea Threatens to Nuke Washington Over Sanctions

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: North Korea Threatens to Nuke Washington Over Sanctions

Knew I should've returned Kim Jong Un's lawnmower...

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Knew I should've returned Kim Jong Un's lawnmower...
    Well he Did try to launch a Dishwasher wrapped in tinfoil into space. You may want to hold onto that so he doesnt try to launch that

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Default North Korea Warns U.S. It’s Authorized Nuclear Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters,3:51 p.m. CDT, April 3, 2013
    LONDON (Reuters) - North Korea said it had "ratified" a merciless attack against the United States, potentially involving a "diversified nuclear strike".

"We formally inform the White House and Pentagon that the ever-escalating U.S. hostile policy toward the DPRK (North Korea) and its reckless nuclear threat will be smashed by the strong will of all the united service personnel and people and cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means of the DPRK and that the merciless operation of its revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," a spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army said in a statement carried by the English language service of the state news agency KCNA.
    Looks like I called it. Still, yikes, this makes me a little nervous since I live on the west coast... Oh, and can anyone explain this one to me, because I can't figure it out: The US will go to war with Iraq over the possibility of WMD's, but we won't go to war with a country who HAS WMD's and threatens to use them -- on us. (Note: this is a rhetorical question; I know that North Korea has no oil or other natural resources to steal.)
    Last edited by Stratago; 4th April 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Found this picture regarding the possible range of North Korea's missiles in this article:

North Korea 'moves mid-range missile'

If it's true, the missiles have just enough range to hit Alaska, as well as Hawaii, which North Korea has previously threatened to attack.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Dragonborn Sorcerer Lord Naarghul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, this is certainly an interesting development.

Anonymous hacks North Korean Twitter, Flickr accounts - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill
    The North Korean Uriminzokkiri site’s Twitter and Flickr accounts appeared to have been hacked on Thursday.

The hacking group Anonymous appears to have successfully taken over several North Korean social media accounts and websites.

Twitter and Flickr accounts on the North Korean Uriminzokkiri, a website of the country's state-run news agency, appeared to have been hacked Thursday.

The Flickr account had posted several photos that would not have been approved by the North Korean government, including one that read “tango down” and another depicting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as a pig on a “wanted” poster.

“Kim Jong Un,” the message under the image said, “threatening world peace with ICBMs [intercontinental ballistic missiles] and nuclear weapons, wasting money while his people starve to death.”

The most recent photo uploaded to the Flickr account states: “We are Anonymous.”

The North Korean Twitter account had posted multiple messages Thursday that said “hacked” and linked to the wanted poster and “tango down” photos.

Anonymous apparently also has shut down the main Uriminzokkiri website.

A group claiming to be part of Anonymous said in a statement posted online Wednesday that it had hacked 15,000 membership records from Uriminzokkiri and was threatening to wipe the data.

The statement called for North Korea to stop making nuclear weapons, to install a direct democracy and for Kim to resign.

Tensions on the Korean Peninsula have escalated in recent days as North Korea threatened nuclear attacks against the United States and South Korea.

The North Korean army on Wednesday said it had been given approval for a nuclear strike against the U.S., although Pyongyang has not demonstrated it has the capability for a nuclear weapon to reach U.S. soil.
    Anonymous getting in on the action.

However, I really don't like the direction things are going here. This crisis is starting to remind me of the Cuban Missile Crisis or the 1983 Soviet war scare. A lot of things being said aren't helpful. My worry is, if they have capability of reaching the U.S., do they have capability to launch an electromagnetic pulse?
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow...

in the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die and know...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I await North Korea's missile launch. $10 says the missiles will fall over and they'll accidentally nuke their only launch base.
    My bet's on the missile and warhead exploding around 5 minutes into launch.

North Korea simply does not have the resources or the technology to carry out Kim's threats.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Naarghul View Post
    My worry is, if they have capability of reaching the U.S., do they have capability to launch an electromagnetic pulse?
    Methinks you recently watched the Red Dawn remake?

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Dragonborn Sorcerer Lord Naarghul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Naarghul View Post
    My worry is, if they have capability of reaching the U.S., do they have capability to launch an electromagnetic pulse?
    Methinks you recently watched the Red Dawn remake?

Nope. It looked like crap. I did, however, play Homefront.
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow...

in the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die and know...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Found this picture regarding the possible range of North Korea's missiles in this article:

North Korea 'moves mid-range missile'

If it's true, the missiles have just enough range to hit Alaska, as well as Hawaii, which North Korea has previously threatened to attack.
    Thats with the Taepodding II. the only one they launched...well it only lasted 45 seconds before it failed worthy enough of the Price is right loising horns. and those calculations are maxed out too. THis whole ordeal has got General Motors working on contingency plans to move production at least temporaly if things go south (no pun intended). Europe would be hit the hardest since most GM cars exported from Korea go to Europe and elsewhere, the US only has the low volume Spark and Encore so not much of major Full car production being affected. But Hyundai would be in A LOT of trouble if Ulsan were to be attacked.

Personally on the topic, i think North Korea won't really do anything threatening, i think its more of a attempt to "Intimidation" The U.S. is for more than capable of beating NK in a war even without nukes. Personally its the equivalent of a kid trying to get the big bully to do something, maybe their trying to provoke? Nevertheless they can't do much and if they do anything vaguely threatening the U.S. would strikes quickly and end it all(which i really hope wont happen)

Blog Entries

Well if they decide to launch said missles out of NK territory then it looks like good night for NK. even if NK launches a shell attack like they did over the past years that will be enough to have the war back into full swing. this is really a save face attempt by the north by making all of these threats and getting no action.. Kim will either have to attack or risk being shamed by being the boy who cried wolf. if th north decides to attack another South korean vessel then that would be enough to gt SK to defend themselves and get the USA and possibly Japan involved as well

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

North Korean artillery still is years from being able to hit the US mainland even if we weren't to neutralize their missiles; I still regard this as an empty threat for the most part. They're just seeking to draw attention now that the last Kim's militant stupidity has turned even their south brothers against them. Even if they do try to pull something, they're not a major threat to the US or its allies save the South Koreans and Japanese. And they have very little incentive to attack the latter anyway. Though... I don't know, their leader is a crazed schizophrenic who acts literally like an 11-year old put in charge of a half arsed nation so who knows what stupdity they'll pull when they get desperate. either way, they're headed for the dump faster than a tsunami wave.

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reorio View Post
    North Korean artillery still is years from being able to hit the US mainland even if we weren't to neutralize their missiles; I still regard this as an empty threat for the most part. They're just seeking to draw attention now that the last Kim's militant stupidity has turned even their south brothers against them. Even if they do try to pull something, they're not a major threat to the US or its allies save the South Koreans and Japanese. And they have very little incentive to attack the latter anyway. Though... I don't know, their leader is a crazed schizophrenic who acts literally like an 11-year old put in charge of a half arsed nation so who knows what stupdity they'll pull when they get desperate. either way, they're headed for the dump faster than a tsunami wave.
    North Korea could go along the lines of saying "we want reparations for what Japan did back in history to us" and use past atrocities as "justification" for attacking them. That said though, I doubt the US government would let it get to the point where Kim Jong-Un would press that button to do that before they acted. The situation does seem to be getting more worrying though, especially since the West is now trying to call NK's bluffs and NK isn't going out silently...

Such a photogenic face...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

Considering their past tantrums thse couple of years have largely been concentrated almost entirely around the South and its military allies (US), I don't think they have the balls to or even a halfway palatable excuse to attack Japan in the first place. Not only would it be out of nowhere, it'd also be a worthless way to go out with a bang, since Japan is basically part of "Neo-Nato" and publicly denounced North Korea's aggressive advances, but bombing them incites a US counterattack for sure, and in a straight out war those idiots have no chance. Plus, the Japanese aren't the most powerful military in the world, but they're not a bunch of pussies who would just stand by and let a nuclear-armed, communist nation drop bombs on them without getting some ass kicked in return. Russia isn't going to fight for them, and even the Chinese wouldn't shield them in the event that they get in a tussle with the USA.

I'm not even sure they'd even get that far to begin with, as they seem to be running their mouths farther than they have the man to back it up.

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

I'm not saying that Japan are weak or anything like that or that that's what they will do, I'm just saying that NK seem to be getting desperate and a last ditch "pointless" thing like that isn't something I'd rule out.

Such a photogenic face...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast