An idea that's been going around the forums lately is a general chat thread for some of the larger sections. These forums are so large that we have several sub-communities formed around certain parts of the board, and having a dedicated place for those of similar interest to chat with each other might be a good idea. So we're going to try it out.
The idea I have behind this thread is that this is a place where you can:
1. Chat with fellow members in a broad setting about this forum's focus as well as other things such as how your day went, that kind of stuff.
2. Talk about happenings in the world that don't quite have the weight or importance of their own separate thread (like a local news story that you liked, for example)
3. Just relax and have fun
Keep in mind that, though this is a general thread, there are some guidelines:
1. Obviously, follow the rules of the forums
2. Keep discussion meant for other sections to them (IE a band reforms and does a tour? Entertainment Inc. is that way.)
3. This is going through a trial run. If it's seen to be more trouble than it's worth, it will disappear.
So, with all of that said, I present to you a shiny, new and gift wrapped general chat thread. To start us off, I guess I can toot my own horn and announce that I've been promoted to (provisional) forum head of News of the World in Every Breaking Wave's absence. So if you have any questions, come to me.
And be sent to the dungeon for questiHave fun!