New Monkey Species
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New Monkey Species

  1. #1
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default New Monkey Species

    New monkey discovered - CNN.com

    This is an amazing discovery for scientists. It goes to show how important it is to preserve our forests and jungles, because we could accidentally bump into an unkown species that's waiting to be discovered. Also, now I have an urge to have a pet monkey, which is unlikely.

  2. #2
    Hero of the South Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silicon Hills, Texas
    Posts
    20,158
    Blog Entries
    688
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Monkey Species

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Also, now I have an urge to have a pet monkey, which is unlikely.
    You do not want that. Trust me. Monkeys are extraordinarily high-maintenance, and they're totally unsuited to the role of a pet.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Monkey Species

    I'm not too impressed by the actual "discovery" of the monkey considering that the people who live in the area have known about them for a while. It is interesting to find another species of a unique evolutionary branch.
    Last edited by Shinobu; 14th September 2012 at 12:44 PM.

  4. #4
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,435
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: New Monkey Species

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Also, now I have an urge to have a pet monkey, which is unlikely.
    You do not want that. Trust me. Monkeys are extraordinarily high-maintenance, and they're totally unsuited to the role of a pet.
    Pet monkeys= infants and toddlers. At least they grow up.

    I couldn't believe how long it takes to officially identify a new species after biologists have seen one.

  5. #5
    Hero of the South Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silicon Hills, Texas
    Posts
    20,158
    Blog Entries
    688
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Monkey Species

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I couldn't believe how long it takes to officially identify a new species after biologists have seen one.
    Well, one does have to be sure that it is, in fact, a new species. It'd be embarrassing if you announced that you'd found a new species, only to have someone later discover that you'd been mistaken.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •