WAR: Muammar Gaddafi finally captured, later dies - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muammar Gaddafi finally captured, later dies

Default Re: Muammar Gaddafi finally captured, later dies

I wish I could've watched him slowly suffer and die.

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Cornhulio View Post
    I wish I could've watched him slowly suffer and die.
    Eww. Why? Although he was a tyrant who committed unspeakable acts, he's still a human being. I don't wish to see any human being suffer regardless what he or she has done. Rather, I pity the man.

To wish for another to suffer, is to become like the person you despise.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay0173 View Post
    To wish for another to suffer, is to become like the person you despise.
    Human beings are just pieces of meat, waiting to be cut up. Trust me, you don't want to hear my opinions on 9/11.

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Human beings are just pieces of meat, waiting to be cut up. Trust me, you don't want to hear my opinions on 9/11.
    That imagery is disturbing to say the least. My advice: seek help. And you're right, I really don't want to know what your opinions of 9/11 are, especially not after you've regurgitated such a disgusting opinion already.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... I don't know what to say about this.

Blog Entries

Let's all try to stay on topic, shall we? People will have their opinions even if they are disagreeable.

In related news, Libyan rebels are displaying him in a freezer in a convenience store. Sickening. I don't have much hope of Libya emerging as a civilized, stable nation if this is the way the heads of the interim government are going to act.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    Let's all try to stay on topic, shall we? People will have their opinions even if they are disagreeable.

In related news, Libyan rebels are displaying him in a freezer in a convenience store. Sickening. I don't have much hope of Libya emerging as a civilized, stable nation if this is the way the heads of the interim government are going to act.
    My roommate and I are starting to feel sick over those videos. But yeah it's some pretty gruesome stuff. Heck there was even video of them dragging him from that sewer pipe. :U

As an aside, it's interesting to see that, to this day, news outlets still cannot come to a definite conclusion on how best to romanise Gaddafi's name.
    *gone*

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The thing is, of course this was going to be brutal - because this was a war. The sight of Gaddafi's body in a freezer is probably one of the more tame images that has went on in Libya recently.

One thing that does make me think though, is when you combine the confused circumstances of Gaddafi with those of Muatassim...It can be argued that Gaddafi possibly died of his wounds shortly after being captured, but what about Muatassim?

He lived like a pimp, and died like a rat in a sewer pipe. Which what really happened.

That's how you deal with evil dictators, bro.

Gallifrey Stands Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

While I can't exactly fault the rebels for their desire to make Gaddafi suffer, I simply cannot, from a moral standpoint, approve of it.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

In related news, Libyan rebels are displaying him in a freezer in a convenience store.
    That is disgusting and inhumane. What will they do next, preserve him with taxidermy techniques or eat him?

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Well, Libya is still news, control of the country and Qaddafi's supplies not having been fully established:

The NTC has acknowledged that it has not established full control over the country. Suspected Gadhafi loyalists are being held in detention centers controlled by semiautonomous armed militias, instead of the NTC. Human rights groups have reported mistreatment of detainees in such lockups.

The article/interview focuses more on the difficulty of preventing weapons smuggling, and some surprise weapons that Qaddafi had. Such is from the beginning of the article:

Some weapons depots in Libya have still not been secured properly, and “much has already gone missing” from unguarded sites, the top U.N. envoy in Libya said in an interview Sunday.

Preventing more weapons from being smuggled out of country will be difficult, considering the nature of the vast desert nation’s borders, the envoy, Ian Martin, told The Associated Press.

Of incredible note is the following:

Martin noted progress concerning chemical weapons and nuclear material. Last week, Libyan officials said they discovered two new sites with chemical weapons that had not been declared by the Gadhafi regime when it vowed several years ago to stop pursuing non-conventional weapons. Officials also said they found about 7,000 drums of raw uranium.

There's also a new electoral and judicial system that has to be established, but one can read the piece itself for that.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    Officials also said they found about 7,000 drums of raw uranium.
    That's the scariest part, if you ask me. Who knows how much of that stuff Kadaffi's military had hanging around that got snatched up from the unsecured sites... And worse, who got their hands on it.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123