Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: MLB postseason 2012

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: MLB postseason 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Serperiority View Post
    Just proof that even Verlander can't stop us...
    We'll see in some later games...

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

The Giants win Game 2 in a game with relatively less offense than yesterday (score was only 2-0). Game 3 is in Detroit on Saturday.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries

I think the Tigers are going to turn things around in Games 3 and 4. Teams generally do better on their home turf (partly because of home-team advantage in how the innings work, partly because they just know the turf better - especially in the World Series, since AL and NL teams don't spend a lot of time in each other's parks) and I think the Tigers are mainly rusty because the end of the ALCS was longer ago than the NLCS, since the Tigers completely swept the Yankees but the Giants and Cards went to the full seven games. So I'm hoping things get better. I know the Giants are a good team, too, but I feel like the Tigers of the past couple days didn't look like the team we've seen this year at all. They should be more evenly matched, but Game 1 was a slaughter.

Anyway, because us Tigers fans need soem hope, here's some retro baseball awesomeness - from the Detroit Free Press Facebook page, a sign on the old J.L. Hudson Building in downtown Detroit during the 1968 World Series (which we won!):

Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 27th October 2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Serperiority and Kouzan like this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

@Goodbye Blue Monday; I agree with that. The Cardinals did their best NLCS performance when in St.Louis and vice versa. The Giants swept us when they were home. Tigers are still recovering from the long break between Game 4 of the ALCS and Game 7 of the NLCS. So here's to me hoping they do good at home tonight.
    Game 3 today in Detroit. Come on Tigers.

Blog Entries

They are not doing so hot. Giants are up 2-0 and Cabrera just blew a really great chance to tie the game/take the lead.

Geez, Tigers. Nice catches just now, but it's like they're forgetting there are two sides to baseball. They can't just prevent the Giants from increasing their lead, they also have to score themselves. Better hitting in the bottom of the inning please?

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Giants win Game 3 in Detroit to make the series 3-0. One more to go...

EDIT 10/28:
    Giants are the 2012 World Series Champions!!! Bringing the trophy back to the bay...
    Last edited by Serperiority; 28th October 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Fighting like a gentleman DatGuyBleach's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add DatGuyBleach on Facebook
    Visit DatGuyBleach's Youtube Channel

One of the most boring World Series although the game tonight was actually good. Giants completely owned the Tigers from the start. Congrats to them
    Serperiority likes this.
    Credit goes to Blue Dragon for the Signature pic
    Pokemon Black 2 friend code: 4986 2745 7949

Blog Entries

@Serperiority; Congrats on the Giants' World Series win.

As for me, I will use the impending hurricane (which cancelled school tomorrow) as an excuse to clean out the booze in my fridge...
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 29th October 2012 at 12:05 AM.
    Serperiority and DatGuyBleach like this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Tonight's game was pretty good. It could of went either way.

But congrats to the Giants in winning the World Series and becoming champions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234