Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLB postseason 2012

Fighting like a gentleman DatGuyBleach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add DatGuyBleach on Facebook
    Visit DatGuyBleach's Youtube Channel

Default Re: MLB postseason 2012

Man dem Tigers. That was just painful to watch. They use the Yankees as a piece of tissue and wiped the earth's ass with them. Congrats to them. At the current rate, it might be a rematch of the 06 World Series
    Credit goes to Blue Dragon for the Signature pic
    Pokemon Black 2 friend code: 4986 2745 7949

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Cardinals just won Game 4. Just one more win and they go on to the World Series!! COME CARDS!! LETS WIN GAME 5!

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

My Giants have beaten the Cards again 5-0 today thanks to the great pitching of Barry Zito. The series will continue in SF on Sunday. SF better repeat their NLDS performance and go on to the World Series against the Tigers.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^Yeah I was hoping the Cards could sweep the Giants tonight ,ending the series, and not have to go back to San Francisco. Though I give credit to Zito for his good pitching performance. I'm now hoping we can get back up on our feet and win Game 6. I think it would be interesting to see a repeat of 2006's World Series.

Edit: GRRR Cardinals lost game 6!!! WE"RE ONE GAME AWAY FROM WINING!! I think we still got this.
    Last edited by Kouzan; 21st October 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GAME 7 TODAY!!! Hopefully the Giants could win tomorrow to complete yet another postseason comeback, Today, #RallyCain. (Game 6 was #RallyVogey and Game 5 was #RallyZito)

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Wow, you guys went all the way to Game 7!

Either way, regardless of who wins, things are looking good for my Tigers.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Game 7 tonight. I'm just hoping the Cardinals can have a repeat of Game 5 of the NLDS where they completely make a comeback.

Fighting like a gentleman DatGuyBleach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add DatGuyBleach on Facebook
    Visit DatGuyBleach's Youtube Channel

Cardinals went down hard. Congrats to the Giants. They clearly wanted it more and earned the win. No excuses to be made. St Louis Cardinals had a great year. Next year you guys.

Now the world series is set. Tigers vs Giants. Hope the Tigers took notes...you are not knocking the Giants down so easily.
    Credit goes to Blue Dragon for the Signature pic
    Pokemon Black 2 friend code: 4986 2745 7949

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whatta great night for a Giants fan like me, the World Series. Better beat the Tigers and make this 2010 all over again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperiority View Post
    Whatta great night for a Giants fan like me, the World Series. Better beat the Tigers and make this 2010 all over again...
    It's not going to be that easy! Did you see what we did to the Yankees?

Anyway, congrats on winning the NLCS (does the National League also call it "the pennant" or is that just an AL thing?) and making it to the World Series! I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants (because I still have a grudge against the Cardinals for 2006).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man watching the game last night was painful for me. Cardinals basically had their butts handed to them three nights in a row by the Giants.

Congrats to the Giants anyways for winning the NLCS and moving on to the World Series. While I hoping the Cardinals would do it, we still had a great season. Mike Matheny did an impressive job as a first time manager to get us that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    (does the National League also call it "the pennant" or is that just an AL thing?) and making it to the World Series! I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants.
    Yes I think so.

And I'm gonna quote what my dad said last night: "I want the Tigers to win. They deserve it. " I agree with that. It's not gonna be easy for the Giants to win.

Either way, both teams are gonna be hard to defeat though. This is a good matchup and though I'm not gonna put as much attention to it as I would if the Cards were in it, I might watch it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Kouzan; Just so you know, my grudge against your team is nothing personal. There are lots of awesome people who are Cards fans! But that's just how sports is, you know?

Anyway, World Series starts tomorrow! Woot woot!

(And I'm still amused that the championship for a league that involves a bunch of U.S. cities plus one Canadian city is somehow a "World Series," btw. It's not like MLB is the only pro baseball league in the world these days, if they're going to have that label they should at least involve some of the other ones!)
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 23rd October 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Kouzan; Just so you know, my grudge against your team is nothing personal. There are lots of awesome people who are Cards fans! But that's just how sports is, you know?

Anyway, World Series starts tomorrow! Woot woot!

(And I'm still amused that the championship for a league that involves a bunch of U.S. cities plus one Canadian city is somehow a "World Series," btw. It's not like MLB is the only pro baseball league in the world these days, if they're going to have that label they should at least involve some of the other ones!)

Yeah I understand, that's how sports are. That and I have to agree about how Cardinals fans are very nice people and know how to show sportsmanship. Alot of my friend congratulated the Giants and thank the Cards for giving us a good season.

Tomorrow and the whole series is gonna be exciting to watch.

With 100% more GUNFACE! Silverwynde's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was hoping it would be Tigers vs. Giants (because I still have a grudge against the Cardinals for 2006).
    Makes two of us on both counts, really. (I apologize in advance but I'm still sore over last year. Brewer fan, remember?)

As for the Series: I'm really hoping that the Tigers take it. Why? I have a soft spot in my heart for Prince Fielder and want him to finally get his ring. Yes, I know he's a Tiger now but I was able to see him hit long balls in Miller Park last year. He was one of my Crew before he went to Detroit. I also have a mad amount of respect for him. Prince really deserves a WS ring IMO.

In any case, I can't wait for the Series to start!
    Autobots, transform and party down!
    Don't believe the lies.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Giants take Game 1 of the World Series with a final 8-3 score. Just proof that even Verlander can't stop us...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast