Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

Guardian of the Galaxy Peter Quill's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

According to Darwinism (if you take Darwinism at its most blunt), he's the most ideal human in the US.

Just food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Default Re: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

Quote Originally Posted by Hide in Plain Sight View Post
    According to Darwinism (if you take Darwinism at its most blunt), he's the most ideal human in the US.

Just food for thought.
    On that thought -- and skirting the main topic, since it's not my job to pass judgment on other peoples' ways of life -- I never did understand the idea that passing on your genes was so important if you evolved by chance and were going to die anyway.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't tell who is worse. The man who kept sleeping with women while forgetting to wear condoms, or the women who kept sleeping with him even though he had like 30 kids.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    I can't tell who is worse. The man who kept sleeping with women while forgetting to wear condoms, or the women who kept sleeping with him even though he had like 30 kids.
    I'm sure he's not advertising that before having sex. The question is though, why would they keep having sex with him after having one of his children already? It's 30 kids by 11 mothers, I doubt they were all multiple-births.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Did he want to make his life a dating sim? This is so hilarious and sad.

Hero of the South Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jay0173 View Post
    Be fruitful and multiply. Words to live by?
    Well, at least no one can claim he isn't heeding the word of the Lord...

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Well, at least no one can claim he isn't heeding the word of the Lord...
    LOL. Well there is "heeding the word of the Lord" and then there is taking it to the extreme.

And want to bet he's not quite done? I mean, there was that one woman at the grocery checkout...
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

By mother of god... this is quite shocking... I've heard of historical kings and queens who had loads of children, but in the modern days...

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this. It's a man with 30 kids who can't pay child support. He's probably not even married to all 11 women, so he probably didn't have sex with them with the intention of having kids that they would both raise. I fail to see what's so... shocking.

And if you look at women, there's that one Russian woman who had 69 children. Wonder what kind of child support payments she had to pay.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hide in Plain Sight View Post

Just food for thought.
    I am very willing to bet that this is actually a case of Darwinism being completely ignored. He may have "planted his seed" numerous times and passed down his genetics, but that doesn't make him the most fit to do so.

Humanity is at a crossroads where it attempts to throw Darwinism out by helping the weak and unfit to reproduce. If we were still nomadic tribesmen as a species, I very much doubt this guy would have lasted through his childhood, based on his behaviour alone.

I can't find any personal information about him, like if the greater good of society saved him from impending self doom, but honestly, I would not be surprised.

In short, I disagree. Darwinism is survival of the fittest, not survival of the sluttiest.

And if you look at women, there's that one Russian woman who had 69 children. Wonder what kind of child support payments she had to pay.
    None. There was no child support in feudal Russia, and if there was, she was married to the same man for all of those children apparently. And considering she was only his first wife, she likely died so that he could remarry, and would be exonerated of child support mumbo jumbo. Can't tax the dead, ya know.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

ಠ_ಠ
    what is this i can't even

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I am very willing to bet that this is actually a case of Darwinism being completely ignored. He may have "planted his seed" numerous times and passed down his genetics, but that doesn't make him the most fit to do so.

[...]

In short, I disagree. Darwinism is survival of the fittest, not survival of the sluttiest.
    I think the "survival of the fittest" paradigm is that even if an unfit person was promiscuous and survived (which can happen, and definitely was the case here), his offspring wouldn't have much of a chance at survival, so the genetics wouldn't be passed down anyway.

Humanity is at a crossroads where it attempts to throw Darwinism out by helping the weak and unfit to reproduce. If we were still nomadic tribesmen as a species, I very much doubt this guy would have lasted through his childhood, based on his behaviour alone.
    Humanity has been at this crossroads for thousands of years.

Where did we start to attempt to thwart Darwinism? I'd argue that religion is the key. All the early civilizations were religious (whether theistic or pagan). They believed in either an obedience to a higher power, or in the spirits of the Earth which were part of themselves that told them they should not harm another human being, or that should a human being come to harm, they should help them.

Much of modern society is based upon that core principle of the early civilizations - help other people. Not only the people who were already rich and able, but also the poor and needy. You know those creationists who pass on their myths and legends? They're not all liars and crooks. Some of them genuinely believe that by teaching pure Darwinism, society would fall apart at the seams. I'd certainly agree with them as far as indoctrination of Darwinism goes, but its teaching would certainly not be objectionable.

Certainly this anti-Darwinist mindset wasn't perfect - after all, the "help other people" principle only applied to people within your own society; people outside were fair game. This is why we have wars. But as we globalize further, and societies merge, everybody will be part of "their own society".

There have been numerous posts in here that say that such "stupid people" should not be able to reproduce. Is this an example of trying to "bring back Darwinism", or is it a more eugenic mindset?

None. There was no child support in feudal Russia, and if there was, she was married to the same man for all of those children apparently. And considering she was only his first wife, she likely died so that he could remarry, and would be exonerated of child support mumbo jumbo. Can't tax the dead, ya know.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    And where does he get the money for his kid's needs? The man can't possibly pay more than he earns, and he still needs to pay his own rent and services and eat.
    A more cynical, moralistic person might say, "He either gets a better-paying job to be able to pay those payments, takes out a loan to pay them, or goes to jail for failing to pay them. It's his fault for having so many kids."
    Last edited by Zekurom; 23rd May 2012 at 07:35 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuglord View Post
    A more cynical, moralistic person might say, "He either gets a better-paying job to be able to pay those payments, takes out a loan to pay them, or goes to jail for failing to pay them. It's his fault for having so many kids."
    From what I understand, and I don't remember if I mentioned this before, the judge considers the person's qualifications when deciding how much he or she should pay; i.e. if he can go and get a higher paying job, then he pays in proportion to how much he can earn. So unless you want him to continue paying child support while supporting himself and paying for a career to make more money for his offspring, that's a bit out of the question.

Of course it's his fault, but you can't realistically pay money that you can't make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    Of course it's his fault, but you can't realistically pay money that you can't make.
    To continue the cynic's line of thinking, "Well you can't realistically have 30 kids either, but that didn't stop this person. Unrealistic actions call for unrealistic consequences."

I do agree with you on your line of thinking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuglord View Post
    To continue the cynic's line of thinking, "Well you can't realistically have 30 kids either, but that didn't stop this person. Unrealistic actions call for unrealistic consequences."

I do agree with you on your line of thinking, though.
    I have to say I'm a bit confused by your use of the word, since at least one definition of "cynical" is "showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, especially by actions that exploit the scruples of others", by which a "cynical, moralistic person" sounds like an oxymoron.

Nonetheless, it is in fact realistic that the man have 30 children, since he did. Realism is the philosophy that reality is independent from our own views and beliefs. You're actually using idealism, saying that the man shouldn't have had thirty children, and should be held accountable to a degree equal to that of his transgression - that what ought to be and what is are one and the same.

A position with which I would wholeheartedly agree, of course, were it actually possible - especially since I believe in the morality of consequences, and not the morality of intentions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast