Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

Desmond Hatchett, Father of 30, Seeks Child Support Help | Video | TheBlaze.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Blaze
    A 33-year-old Tennessee man with 30 children has asked the state for a break on his child support payments.

Desmond Hatchett of Knoxville, Tenn. fathered 30 kids with 11 different women and is having trouble supporting them all, WREG-TV reported.

Appearing in court this week, Hatchett said he’s struggling to make ends meet on his minimum-wage job. The state takes half his paycheck and divides it up among the mothers — meaning some receive as little as $1.49 a month.

His oldest child is 14. The youngest is a toddler.

How exactly did he end up with so many? As he explained once in a television interview — back in 2009 when he had just 21 — “I had four kids in the same year. Twice.“ In that same interview he also swore he was ”done” having children.

Despite Hatchett’s prolific reproductive capabilities — believed to be a county record — officials say he hasn‘t broken any laws and that there’s nothing they can do to keep him from fathering any more.

“If there’s something out there like that, I’m unaware of it,” Melissa Gibson with the Knox County child support clerk’s office told the Los Angeles Times. “It definitely needs to be.”
    I'm....at a complete loss for words.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

And this in the same state that's just banned sex education and defines hand-holding as a "gateway sexual activity". Progress!

Super Sceptile or smth Electric Cirno's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Electric Cirno On Twitter Add Electric Cirno on Google+

Default Re: Man with 30 kids - by 11 different mothers - seeks child support help

He's playing Sims IRL...
    I joke... but still. 30 kids? How many twins I wonder.
    I thought Eazy E from NWA had a lot of kids with different mothers. This is ridiculous.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*rubs temples*

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I would normally expect this from a clueless rock star like that Duewy Handcox guy (couldn't remember the spelling), but this is insane.

I might just disappear. Pink Pompadour's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Pink Pompadour on Tumblr Visit Pink Pompadour's Youtube Channel

Knoxville, TN?

...HOLY CRAP, I LIVE NEAR THAT CITY!!!

Why haven't I seen any newscasts about this guy? Thirty kids?! Yeesh...
    And I’m feeling like a ghost
    And it’s what I hate the most
    Cause I’m giving up again
    And this time (this time, this time)
    This time I might just disappear
    This time I might just disappear

um...

This is why birth control needs to be available without copay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post

um...

This is why birth control needs to be available without copay.
    No, this is why idiot control needs to be available without copay.

The classes would be something like this:

*Don't go impregnating every skirt you see
    *Work an honest job
    *Your only hobby shouldn't be sexual reproduction

Blog Entries

Despite Hatchett’s prolific reproductive capabilities — believed to be a county record
    County record? I think it's fair to say that's a national record.

Tennessee is probably one of the most backward states in the country. If they can't find some obscure law in the books, they should pass one. "Any man who fathers 31 children should have his johnson chopped off so that he is no longer a threat to society" or something.

I too am at a loss for words.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Super Sceptile or smth Electric Cirno's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Electric Cirno On Twitter Add Electric Cirno on Google+

I love how he has loads of children even though he's not an LDS (I have an LDS friend who goes to Church with 5 brothers), South Asian (I.e Indian or Bengali like me) or even Muslim (also me). I don't even plan on having more than two or three. Unless I get 2 sets of twins.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

...What.
    This is absolutely ridiculous. *sighs*

You'd think he'd learn by the tenth, at the very most. ._.

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Be fruitful and multiply. Words to live by?
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

What is the world coming to, seriously? I can't believe someone thought it was okay to produce this many children in the first place.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Despite Hatchett’s prolific reproductive capabilities — believed to be a county record
    County record? I think it's fair to say that's a national record.
    There's the fertility doctor with over 70 children, and a sperm donor with over 400 (maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    the amount of money you pay in child support should be based on how many kids you have and that kid's needs, not how much money you make.
    And where does he get the money for his kid's needs? The man can't possibly pay more than he earns, and he still needs to pay his own rent and services and eat.

That said... damn. Makes you reconsider how bad eugenics could really be.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    That's why I said that it is a problem -- he's not paying. If he were a millionaire with no job at all then he would be able to afford it. If he had a very high-paying job then he might be able to afford it.
    Either way, how is that child support policy at all fair or even reasonable for all cases? If he had a very-high paying job and only had one kid then they'd be taking way too much money from him... if he had 30 kids and a low-paying job then they won't be taking nearly enough money from him... if he had a single kid with a ton of medical bills then they might not be taking away enough money from him...
    I would think that that is not a general policy that applies to every single man who owes child support... so why is that the policy that is being used for this guy?
    Well, this is what eHow has to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by eHow
    Child support is determined by the income of both parents. If the parent with custody works, this is taken in to consideration. The non-custodial parent would still be ordered to support the child, but he or she may not be required to pay as much. The more money the non-custodial parent makes, the higher his or her child support payments are going to be.
    It' may not be perfect, but like I said, he pays what he can. I'm assuming that the minimum wage job he has is all he's qualified to do. The man can't pull money out of thin air. Honestly, and this is in no way supporting Hatchett, I do agree he was terribly irresponsible, but what's the point of him paying? If it was only one, maybe two women. But $1.50 a month? That's... I mean, I guess it helps, but how much would you miss a dollar and forty nine cents out of your monthly paycheck?

The sad thing (in my opinion) about this whole mess is that he continued reproducing. To me, that says a lot about the mothers. If he had 30 children with 11 women, that means they kept coming back for more. I can't help but think there's going to be thirty members of society raised up by some not-very-bright parents in the near future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast