DISASTER: Major Plane Crash in San Francisco - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Plane Crash in San Francisco

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Major Plane Crash in San Francisco

Seems about right to me. Fox and NBC both were all over the plane with only a little mention on their front page (NBC) and none at all (Fox) for the train. Though CNN, to its credit, gave the train matter some very thorough coverage, and often gave it the headline status above the plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    I love how the plane crash with two dead gets more attention than the train explosion that devastated a town and killed 13 with around 40 still missing and probably dead too.
    Plane accidents are rarer and potentially more devastating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rarer: yes.

Potentially more devastating: Not really. Excluding terrorist action (ie, september 11), and people who were killed on trains due to major ongoing disaster (Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004), ultimately the three biggest railway accident of the twenty first century all killed more people than the biggest air accident of the same - the biggest air accident this century killed 275, while rail accidents have killed 281, 320 and 383 people in the same time period.

Throughout history, only one air accident (again, this excludes terrorist action) even got past 500 deaths. Several train accidents have got above 500, and quite a few have come close to 1000 deaths or more.

Now I'll give you that air disasters tend to be more spectacular.
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow xXAragon On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    My uncle, aunt and cousin are in San Francisco. I haven't heard from them. It's like Boston all over again.
    The plane crashed into the open runway in the airport - so it hasn't harmed any residential areas. Also, according to the news reported, the reason for the crash is likely a malfunction to the plane, or maybe because of the pilot's mishandling. Nothing's been confirmed as of yet. However, any possibilities of terrorists being involved is practically zero. I'm sure your relatives are safe.

Hopefully everyone who's been injured in this crash receives proper care.
    I may not have paid attention to any other years, but from what I can see 2012-2013 has been horrible for planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some of the least accident prone years in the history of commercial aviation - and far better than 2010 or 2011: 26 incidents in 2010, 25 in 2011, dropping down to 13 in 2012.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12