ISP's to Start Policing Copyrights by July 1st...

Thread: ISP's to Start Policing Copyrights by July 1st...

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: ISP's to Start Policing Copyrights by July 1st...

I am not surprised about this at all, the US government just WANTS the internet to be censored, we did our best to stop SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA, but they just keep coming up with another first amendment violating bill or policy.

Not to mention that it was really Hollywood and large companies themselves that gave people the tools to pirate movies, video games, and software. Piracy is one of those evils that can never be stopped.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

The "mitigation records" sounds like they will clash with current FCC regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneTheRoboteon View Post
    I am not surprised about this at all, the US government just WANTS the internet to be censored, we did our best to stop SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA, but they just keep coming up with another first amendment violating bill or policy.

Not to mention that it was really Hollywood and large companies themselves that gave people the tools to pirate movies, video games, and software. Piracy is one of those evils that can never be stopped.
    This policy doesn't violate the first amendment at all. If it violates any amendment it's the fourth amendment, although I'm not even sure if it's a violation of that since there are cases when the fourth amendment doesn't apply.

I personally have no problem with this. This is certainly a better approach than the way it may have turned out with SOPA. The only problem I can see happening is if someone ends up flagged for piracy without actually pirating anything and then the ISP slows down his connection or blocks his access to the internet for no reason. Although that is unlikely to happen and I'm sure that it would be easy to straighten out if it did occur.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm still concerned if this would include images, because it sounds like they're gonna start monitoring into everyone's computers online while searching for copyrights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I'm still concerned if this would include images, because it sounds like they're gonna start monitoring into everyone's computers online while searching for copyrights.
    These measures only apply to downloads. I don't think the RIAA and MPAA, the groups who would receive the most benefit, are particularly interested in image downloads that violate copyright restrictions.

Anyways, it's going to be fun dealing with the impending alarmist circlejerk fueled by inaccurate information.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    As I've said before, if they start doing this (oh wait, ISPs have already been doing this in a way for nearly 15 years now), there will just not be enough manpower to police it and it will eventually collapse on itself into nothingness.

People need to stop worrying about things that are already happening and not affecting our daily lives.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

I'm getting reports that these internet service providers are installing keyloggers on computers owned by government organizations such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, along with FBI and CIA servers.

...What in the name of god are they thinking?
    Last edited by Steelrush; 20th April 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    I'm getting reports that these ISP's are installing keyloggers on computers owned by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, along with FBI and CIA servers.

So they're installing them on their own computers? So what?
    That's nice.

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I didn't say the government was installing them on those computers. I said Time Warner cable, Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon were the ones doing that.
    Last edited by Steelrush; 20th April 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Ragin' Cajun Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I'm getting reports that these internet service providers are installing keyloggers on computers owned by government organizations such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, along with FBI and CIA servers.

Can you provide a source for these reports?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I didn't say the government was installing them on those computers. I said Time Warner cable, Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon were the ones doing that.
    Yeah, that's not happening, you must have bad information. First off, that's illegal and the government is the last person you'd want to do it to since they are pretty much unstoppable if they want to take any sort of legal action. And second, if you know about it then surely the government knows and has already removed the keyloggers and taken legal action...