ISIS declares New Islamic State
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISIS declares New Islamic State

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default ISIS declares New Islamic State

Iraq crisis: Isis declares its territories a new Islamic state with 'restoration of caliphate' in Middle East - Middle East - World - The Independent

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isis) has reportedly declared the areas it occupies in Iraq and Syria as a new Islamic state, removing Iraq and the Levant from its name and ushering in “a new era of international jihad”.

The announcement will see Isis now simply refer to itself as The Islamic State, and the group has called on al-Qa’ida and other related militant Sunni factions operating in the region to immediately pledge their allegiance.

According to Isis’s chief spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, the declaration of the “restoration of the caliphate” was made after a meeting of the group’s Shura Council. In recent weeks, Isis has captured large areas of western and northern Iraq and for two years has held parts of Syria, imposing a harsh interpretation of Islamic law and in many cases, killing large numbers of opposition Shia Muslims.
    Very worrying indeed.

I can't believe the West were actually considering helping this lot against Assad.
    The West, Syria, Iraq, Israel and Iran all need to come together to destroy this threat once and for all.

Blog Entries

Follow Lysson on Tumblr

Default Re: ISIS declares New Islamic State

Quote Originally Posted by Solayoh View Post
    The West, Syria, Iraq, Israel and Iran all need to come together to destroy this threat once and for all.
    Couldn't agree more. If they do indeed take over territories they will become a country at some point which is a horrific thought as they could declare war on everyone that hasn't joined them. No one is safe from ISIS and they're the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen in my life. I hate terrorists but they have a special place in my hatred.

On the news it saddens me to no end just seeing the misery they have caused to their own flesh and blood and other fellow muslims and other human beings.

Russia so far has got involved by giving some military aid to the Iraq government to help counter this threat.

ISIS is a threat to humanity and the planet, if they're not stopped before they get more power something dire is going to happen.

FC: 4725-8143-3936 Y: Serenade AS: Lys
    Claims: Mega Lucario, Noble Roar, Lysandre, Stance Change, King's Rock, Goldie (Animal Crossing)
    Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles), B/W - Route 10 (music), Reshiram Doll, XY - Route 15 (music),

"The Purest Excitement" AbareKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Solayoh;5297437]Iraq crisis: Isis declares its territories a new Islamic state with 'restoration of caliphate' in Middle East - Middle East - World - The Independent

I can't believe the West were actually considering helping this lot against Assad.
    Well ISIS has a long road ahead for it couple reasons 1. most muslims don't see a need for a caliphate anymore, 2. ISIS is so bad that even there formers allies al quada (which the US helped to indirectly create) have disowned them and are now fighting them.

The reason the usa and west really can't involved right now is that these countries are so overstretched both militarily, politically and financially (which i heard was one of bin ladens goals.) and even though there are moderates the us and the west wants to support but ISIS came in and basically forced the moderates out or into isolation

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Follow Robo-Floatzel on Tumblr Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    Couldn't agree more. If they do indeed take over territories they will become a country at some point which is a horrific thought as they could declare war on everyone that hasn't joined them. No one is safe from ISIS and they're the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen in my life. I hate terrorists but they have a special place in my hatred.

On the news it saddens me to no end just seeing the misery they have caused to their own flesh and blood and other fellow muslims and other human beings.

Russia so far has got involved by giving some military aid to the Iraq government to help counter this threat.

ISIS is a threat to humanity and the planet, if they're not stopped before they get more power something dire is going to happen.
    I agree with you, ISIS is a huge threat to the world, probably as big as the Nazis were in World War II, but because of economic and political situations in the west, we can't do anything about it at the time. I'm at least glad to hear Russia is helping the Iraqi government handle ISIS, since Russia is a pretty major country, though it is allied with the Assad government, but I'd rather have Assad stay in power than have something like ISIS take control.

Having ISIS make a state is one thing, but even if it did, it wouldn't likely expand beyond the existing Iraqi and Syrian borders, but just wait until you see the map they proposed for their state:

Now THIS is something to be concerned about, especially since the territory contains China, India, Israel, and Pakistan, all which have nuclear weapons, meaning they could actually be a nuclear power that could launch nukes at virtually anyone. While it's unlikely this will ever happen because of several countries within the territory having powerful military forces and government that are highly against ISIS, it's still something to be concerned about, as well as the fact that it shows these people are crazy, and the worst part is that they're becoming more powerful by the moment.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Follow Lysson on Tumblr

@Robo-Floatzel;
    Oh god, not only China and India but it looks like a lot of Europe too! Like Spain, Portugal and Greece... I'm not very good at geography. And there's a few black dots around, is that just the quality of the picture or what they actually want to take over?
    As one near France looks to be either in Belgium/Luxemburg/Brussles (can't really tell on that map). If that is Brussles then they'll be able to have the HQ of the EU. And another dot seems to be on Belfast in Nothern Ireland. If they hit that it'll anger Britain but if they are able to control Belfast (I doubt they would be able to) then it'll be very bad.

Since they're targeting China which is extremely stupid they'll have the Russians to deal with. It is near impossible that they'll be able to take over China because they'll just have a great big army in their face and the secret police popping them off in their sleep.

But they couldn't have done this at a worse time for the west and they are doing what Hitler did with the Nazis. He waited until the rest of the world was in a bad economic state so reluctant to go to war. We then had a year to arm ourselves against him. I hope we can do as much as possible to wipe ISIS out as they are getting insanely rich and even recruiting people from all over the place as a man in the city I currently live on was the first Brit to be convicted of terrorism as he joined a terrorist group, I believe it was ISIS...

But I am personally completely paranoid of terrorists so as soon as I hear about them I can only think of the worst possible thing... and since I live in a major city I'm very afraid of being bombed so the idea of these freaks getting nukes is the stuff of my nightmares.

Claims: Mega Lucario, Noble Roar, Lysandre, Stance Change, King's Rock, Goldie (Animal Crossing)
    Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles), B/W - Route 10 (music), Reshiram Doll, XY - Route 15 (music),

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post

I agree with you, ISIS is a huge threat to the world, probably as big as the Nazis were in World War II, but because of economic and political situations in the west, we can't do anything about it at the time. I'm at least glad to hear Russia is helping the Iraqi government handle ISIS, since Russia is a pretty major country, though it is allied with the Assad government, but I'd rather have Assad stay in power than have something like ISIS take control.

Having ISIS make a state is one thing, but even if it did, it wouldn't likely expand beyond the existing Iraqi and Syrian borders, but just wait until you see the map they proposed for their state:

Now THIS is something to be concerned about, especially since the territory contains China, India, Israel, and Pakistan, all which have nuclear weapons, meaning they could actually be a nuclear power that could launch nukes at virtually anyone. While it's unlikely this will ever happen because of several countries within the territory having powerful military forces and government that are highly against ISIS, it's still something to be concerned about, as well as the fact that it shows these people are crazy, and the worst part is that they're becoming more powerful by the moment.
    This looks like the beginnings of World War III if I ever saw it. Luckily, I don't think the rest of the world would let them get away with taking over China, India, Pakistan, or Spain, so I highly doubt they'll ever conquer that much land, but this is definitely something to be concerned about. This could turn out to be very ugly if someone doesn't do something soon.

Blog Entries

Follow Lysson on Tumblr

I was thinking WWIII too but I didn't want to cause too much hysteria, especially since everyone thought the Cold War could be WWIII and then what happened with North Korea. It might be something we haven't seen before though, like a global civil war or something.

But I'd like to see if ISIS can even get within 1 mile of nuclear weapons before they get shot by the guards. They'll never get them, I hope. But ISIS are as dangerous as a virus but modern day security is even better then them and will be able to counter them.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Follow Robo-Floatzel on Tumblr Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

@Robo-Floatzel;
    Oh god, not only China and India but it looks like a lot of Europe too! Like Spain, Portugal and Greece... I'm not very good at geography. And there's a few black dots around, is that just the quality of the picture or what they actually want to take over?
    As one near France looks to be either in Belgium/Luxemburg/Brussles (can't really tell on that map). If that is Brussles then they'll be able to have the HQ of the EU. And another dot seems to be on Belfast in Nothern Ireland. If they hit that it'll anger Britain but if they are able to control Belfast (I doubt they would be able to) then it'll be very bad.

Since they're targeting China which is extremely stupid they'll have the Russians to deal with. It is near impossible that they'll be able to take over China because they'll just have a great big army in their face and the secret police popping them off in their sleep.

But they couldn't have done this at a worse time for the west and they are doing what Hitler did with the Nazis. He waited until the rest of the world was in a bad economic state so reluctant to go to war. We then had a year to arm ourselves against him. I hope we can do as much as possible to wipe ISIS out as they are getting insanely rich and even recruiting people from all over the place as a man in the city I currently live on was the first Brit to be convicted of terrorism as he joined a terrorist group, I believe it was ISIS...

But I am personally completely paranoid of terrorists so as soon as I hear about them I can only think of the worst possible thing... and since I live in a major city I'm very afraid of being bombed so the idea of these freaks getting nukes is the stuff of my nightmares.
    With this map, these guys are looking to start World War III, but it's likely they won't even go past the middle east given that several rich and powerful countries surround the two states ISIS has claimed so far. Given one of the dots is on Brussels, it's obvious they want to take down all the major powers in the west, and it's rumored that ISIS wants to take New York as well in a possible 9/11 like event. They are indeed trying to start WWIII as much as they can.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was thinking WWIII too but I didn't want to cause too much hysteria, especially since everyone thought the Cold War could be WWIII and then what happened with North Korea. It might be something we haven't seen before though, like a global civil war or something.
    Well we were lucky with the Cold War because U.S.S.R. eventually collapsed, the moment that escalated it probably would've been worse than any war we've ever seen. North Korea, IDK what happened with them. They've just never been that big of a threat.

As for ISIS, I think @Robo-Floatzel; is spot on with his comparison to Nazi Germany, this incident does remind me a bit of 1930's Germany. I don't think this would be a "global civil war" anymore than WWII was, so worst case scenario I think this would lead to WWIII. But I agree that the rest of the world is too well equipped to allow them to be that big of a threat, I think we'll probably be able to stop them before they can do any major damage.

Blog Entries

Follow Lysson on Tumblr

I hate war but sometimes you just can't avoid it, you either lose loads of lives or lose your complete and utter freedom and dignity.
    Yes they are indeed planning a WWIII, what is happening now in Syria and Iraq could just be the embers to set fire to the log house. It would be best to try and wipe them out now but unfortunately the west do not have the funds to do so and some foolish parties believe it will just stay in the middle east and that's exactly the attitude they took with Hitler and look what happened.

But I do believe Russia will do whatever needs doing to stop ISIS from taking over the world, as it's a threat to them as even they're getting a few terrorist attacks in their own country.

On another note their name 'ISIS' annoys me as Isis is a Egyptian Goddess of women, it probably wasn't intentional but it still annoys me.

Blog Entries

Islamic fundamentalists are a bunch of pompous windbags. As a Muslim, I can say that we don't want a caliphate. A caliphate would send us back in time.
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I agree with a lot of what has been said here, ISIS are the biggest threat on this earth right now, even Al-Qaeda have distanced themselves from ISIS and declared ISIS too brutal.

What annoys me about the West, is that they were quick to intervene when it was the wrong time to so, and after having got burned by that, are now reluctant to intervene in the right time.

I'm not a fan of Russia politically (Ukraine Crisis, Georgia invasion, LGBT issues) but when it comes to the Middle East they've got it right every time pretty much in the past decade or so. We've been toppling leaders creating power vacuums for ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood to fill, while Russia has been begging us to stop, and trying to back the governments keeping order and keeping the terrorists out.

Blog Entries

I say drone them all. However, that would be inhumane so I guess we just stand back and do nothing then while they plot to kill us.

Seriously, why not not just take them out with a few direct air strikes?

Y > X

Of your Imagination Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

ISIS is a few thousand people or so. They were only able to get and hold what they have because they took advantage of ethnic divides in Iraq (eg, sunni muslim Iraqi, who used to be in power under Saddam and were ousted by teh Shia muslim majority in Iraq when the Americans came along, and who feel disenfrenchised in the new Iraq) and because Syria is busy killing the moderate rebels so only the fanatics (eg ISIS) are left and Syria can claim to have been fighting fanatics all along.

They have near-nil prospect of expanding further in any direction, because they'll run in other, larger organized group that want nothing to do with ISIS or the (very little) it offers. Whether the Shia Iraqis (likely backed by Iran if it comes to that) to the south-east, Israel to the south-west, Turkey to the north-west, the Kurds to the north...none of whom have any interest in being part of a Sunni caliphate headed by ISIS fanatics.

I'd say that, as of today, Hamas for sure, probably the Hezbollah, and maybe even the Talibans are ahead of ISIS in the game (if only because they're smart enough to NOT threaten to attack the entire world). To say nothing of the pre-September 11 Talibans, who were WAAAAAAY more powerful than ISIS is now.

You may note how long those Talibans were able to stay in control of Afghanistan once they started ticking off people.

Finally, even if they SOMEHOW were powerful enough to even have a glimmer of a shimmering hope of a chance of even starting to work on their whole scheme, it wouldn't be World War III. See, a World War III would require two remotely even sides. When it's "everyone in the world except ISIS" on one side, and "ISIS" on the other, odds are you'll be making Gulf War I (Desert Storm, the 1991 one) look like a fair fight in comparison. Taking every last superpower and major power in the world *at once* doesn't work

Really, the way they've been going, ISIS is closer to earning a Nobel peace prize for getting Iran and America to agree on *something* than they are to starting WW III.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 7th July 2014 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Agreed with Evil Figment. You guys are seriously over-estimating the situation... yay for sensational media stories. The main reason why ISIS appeared to have such momentum in capturing Iraqi territory is because they took advantage of how badly the Americans broke the country. The Iraqi government is a mess, and their military even more so--their soldiers simply fled their posts when ISIS showed up. It's a great example of how throwing money at a problem (or even getting involved at all) without properly analyzing its inner workings does more harm than good.

The real (and quite disturbing) problem here is when you realize that this insignificant militant group has basically destroyed what progress (if you can call it that) Americans and their allies have made in Iraq since the supposed end of the war in 2003--this is over 10 years worth of "nation building" work, at the cost of ~7000 lives (and I'm not even sure how many billions of dollars.) One must wonder who should be held accountable for something like this.

As far as the conflict itself goes, I wouldn't be too concerned. As mentioned, ISIS will be isolated and will most likely be crippled by UCAV deployment over time.

Last edited by Kadabra; 8th July 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast