Father Writes Hate Filled letter to Son, Becomes Viral and condemned

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mwetwe
  • 2 Post By maglev
  • 2 Post By KidBeano

Thread: Father Writes Hate Filled letter to Son, Becomes Viral and condemned

追放されたバカ

Default Father Writes Hate Filled letter to Son, Becomes Viral and condemned

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/fathers-hateful-letter-to-gay-son-after-coming-out-goes-viral/news/2012/08/07/45756#.UCFg501lQf5

The father’s letter reads:

“James: This is a difficult but necessary letter to write. I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past. Don’t expect any further conversations With me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house. You’ve made your choice though Wrong it may be. God did not intend for this unnatural lifestyle. If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand. Have a good birthday and good life. No present exchanges will be accepted. Goodbye, Dad.”
    What a truly horrible man, I hope one day he regrets what he did and is ashamed of the bigoted way he behaved.

The son’s thoughts, via Reddit:

“It’s important to know just what this zealotry from Bryan Fisher, Maggie Gallagher, Dan Cathy, et al., does to everyday people. I’ve never done drugs, was an excellent student, an obedient child (far less trouble than many of my classmates), didn’t drink until I was 22 because it terrified me, and have had just 1 speeding ticket in my life. Yet I am still seemingly deserving of this terrible act of hate and cowardice that one person can place on another. 5 years on and I am still doing fine, though this letter saunters into my mind every once in a while. When it does, I say without hesitation: F**k you, Dad.”
    WELL SAID!!!

Trophies

Default Re: Father Writes Hate Filled letter to Son, Becomes Viral and condemned

This is why people are scared to come out of the closet.... The one thing that despises me more than anything IN THE WORLD is ignorant idiots (idk if your allowed to swear, ill go over the rules) who refuse to like someone because of who they are. As a dad this man should love his son NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES. His dad put in the letter "youve made your choice though". People dont choose to be gay, they are born it.

And if he is as religious as he says he is, then he would know that God forgives. How dare he class himself as a christian when he cant even 'forgive' his son, not that he needs forgiving for who he is. I cant explain how angry I get when people do this. Its good that this person doesnt care about his dad no longer but many people in the same situation would be so distaught if their dad did the same thing....
    Shiny Metagross, Kaori and Chronos like this.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Father Writes Hate Filled letter to Son, Becomes Viral and condemned

I really don't know what to say. If his own father can't accept him as he his, then I really don't know how he could call himself a 'Dad'

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

How horrible. He shouldn't be called a father after that.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

His son should just outright say, "You're not my father."

Serves that asshole right. How can someone be so nasty?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This guy is a terrible father. He seems to be more like those "you're not my son" type of fathers in the old days.

Blog Entries

If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand.
    What a nice way to imply "I don't want you at my funeral" while simultaneously blaming the son for it.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand.
    What a nice way to imply "I don't want you at my funeral" while simultaneously blaming the son for it.
    Also he's implying that he's not part of the family, because otherwise he would have wrote, "the rest of the family will understand" by saying "my family" its cutting the son off saying he's not part of it. Sooner this man dies, and the sooner we have one less hate filled biggot in the world, the better!

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fuck this guy. That is all.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Good ol' pick and choose Christian values.

Are all Christians like this hate filled failure of a father? No. But the loudest and stupidest ones are.
    Gaga and Kaori like this.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Ok, yes this is a terrible thing and the father's actions aren't in any way shape or form right, but I'm at least glad that the Dad chose this as opposed to violence, which a lot of homophobic fathers typically do.
    Gaga and Karamazov like this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

I like how he says "I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past". As if his son is now a completely different person because he came out.

And I just love the father's interesting use of the word "choice".