Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack ) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

I'm not saying they're innocent, but I do think that Big Lutz is obviously trying to push the same narrative I've seen most hardcore right-wing news sources trying to push tonight, that they're actually connected to Al-Qaeda and carried out this attacks because they were radical Islamic followers who hate America and were trying to punish the infidels. Even though there's nothing to support that besides, from what I've seen from browsing sources bringing up the YouTube videos, liking and following videos related to Islam, none of which appear to actually straight up call for "death to America".

What they did was horrible, but I think trying to connect them to a wider terrorist organization just because they're of Muslim descent is ridiculous at this point, and it fits into my honest belief, which originally stemmed up in the Treyvon Martin thread where Big Lutz bent over backwards trying to defense Zimmerman, that Lutz is a pretty obvious racist xenophobe.

Surely I'm not the only one picking this up? His responses in both situations are literally in-line with comments I've read on Free Republic, of all places.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Because it hasn't been confirmed.

"Hey guys, don't post anything islamaphobic, but I'll go ahead and post this unconfirmed information connecting them to a terrorist group because they're Muslim!"
    Before you start calling me a Islamaphobe, or Racist, or a Xenophobe, why don't we look at the facts?

* He was a follower of a Al Qaeda Preacher

* The instructions of the Pressure Cooker Bomb were specifically part of an al Qaeda magazine

* The Brother traveled to Russia for six months

The last one specifically is important because the police and Government have said that the sophistication of the bombings would involve a outside group.

Now I am well aware that there are other terrorist groups this guy could have joined or been influenced by when he was away in Russia and possibly training for this attack. But again lets look at the facts, he follows a influential al Qaeda connected preacher, and uses a bomb that comes straight out of al Qaeda's magazine. That alone should give enough pause to suggest this might be an al Qaeda operation of some kind.

Now do I believe we have a motive yet? NO, nor have I suggested one, his ethnicity as a Chechan could mean this could be related to Russia or any number of things.

So please I would ask you not to put words in my mouth and strictly look at the facts.

By the way, not to derail the topic, but my defense of Zimmerman was strickly because I believe there were too many missing facts to create reasonable doubt as to what happened.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

His YouTube channel (or one pointed out as probably is in serious media, including AFP et al) was noted as having "favorited" several Islamist videos, including a category he had labeled "terrorism".

And a quick search for "Tamerlan Tarnaev" and "Al Qaeda" indicate that the link between the youtube page and Al Qaeda-supported ideas was in fact mentioned in some serious medias, and in liberal ones as well, if appropriately downplayed. I've found passing references on the sites of the WaPo, the Boston Globe, etc., They seem to credit Mother Jones (which is, uh, not known for conservative views).

Just because someone doesn't have the same sources you do, doesn't entitle you to bashing them. Especially not when the bashing appears mostly about what happened in another thread.

-------------------

In other news, there is really only one winner to this whole thing, if they were indeed Chechen.

His name is Vladimir Putin. And I REALLY hate him winning anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But following Al Qaeda based YouTube videos doesn't in any way mean he's actually affiliated with Al Qaeda, I mean, these are public videos anyone can look up. He may have been affiliated with them, but I think it's still irresponsible to jump on the Al Qaeda operative bandwagon.
    Last edited by Garren; 19th April 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Okay, let me rephrase.

You will refrain from bashing him in one thread over what happened in another thread. The Zimmerman thread stuff doesn't belong in any other public thread.

Alternatively, I will NOT refrain from further infracting you. .

One of these thigns will happen. Your choice.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 19th April 2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Good news: Things can start going back to normal.

Bad news: If anyone wants to to cause a city to completely shut down, they've found a pretty good way of doing it.

Blog Entries

I'm afraid there's going to be a wave of Islamophobic attacks in the US because of this guy, especially in Boston. I am disgusted by the attack, but why would you think no Muslims witnessed the attack?

People should realise that Chechens aren't a demonic ethnic group, and this guy was obviously not an average Chechen. And I doubt he'd be tied to Russia, since Russian Muslims do not support the Putin government. (And BTW, Chechens are not the only Muslim ethnic group in Russia, nor are they even the largest one. There's at least 20 ethnic groups in Russia that follow Islam - and yet all of them but the Chechens are treated like they don't even exist. I don't think that Chechens should be attacking the Russians, but they have a right to exist.)

Personally, I don't even like Russia. Many of the Russian people I know are very Islamophobic. Some are anti-Semitic too. And many Russian (and other Slavic) woman try to marry men from English-speaking countries with the purpose of leeching off of them. But that doesn't mean that all Russians are evil.
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I am disgusted by the attack, but why would you think no Muslims witnessed the attack?
    I don't know what this is responding to at all.

Dragonborn Sorcerer Lord Naarghul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid there's going to be a wave of Islamophobic attacks in the US because of this guy, especially in Boston. I am disgusted by the attack, but why would you think no Muslims witnessed the attack?

People should realise that Chechens aren't a demonic ethnic group, and this guy was obviously not an average Chechen. And I doubt he'd be tied to Russia, since Russian Muslims do not support the Putin government. (And BTW, Chechens are not the only Muslim ethnic group in Russia, nor are they even the largest one. There's at least 20 ethnic groups in Russia that follow Islam - and yet all of them but the Chechens are treated like they don't even exist. I don't think that Chechens should be attacking the Russians, but they have a right to exist.)

Personally, I don't even like Russia. Many of the Russian people I know are very Islamophobic. Some are anti-Semitic too. And many Russian (and other Slavic) woman try to marry men from English-speaking countries with the purpose of leeching off of them. But that doesn't mean that all Russians are evil.
    The Chechen extremist groups have a history of terrible brutality, on a level that makes groups like the Taliban seem tame by comparison. However, they direct all of their fury at Russia, because they have wanted to rule themselves following the collapse of the Soviet Union. If these are Islamic terrorist as is being suggested, then they are being influenced by something other than the Chechen extremists, because America simply doesn't figure in their goals. Russia and America's diplomatic ties are at best very chilly, something that most of the world can see and acknowledge.
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow...

in the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die and know...

Blog Entries

And many Russian (and other Slavic) woman try to marry men from English-speaking countries with the purpose of leeching off of them.
    Ehh, I dunno about this. Most of them are probably genuinely looking for a better life, a quick and easy way out of the terrible living conditions they endure in Russia and Eastern Europe. Being a mail-order bride is one of those quick and easy ways. Sure there are some bad apples but to say that many of them are leaches is a bit unfair.

Anyways, Suspect #2 (can't be arsed to remember how to spell is name) was shot in the throat during the standoff in the boat. How that didn't kill him, I've got no idea, but I don't think he'll be speaking to authorities for awhile. Seems like a bit of a fishy story, but I'm not going to put my tinfoil hat on just yet.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

An offer you can't refuse The_Godfather's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow The_Godfather On Twitter

I was so worried after the bombings because most of my family live in Boston and we didn't hear from them for days. Thankfully, they phoned up a few days later (I suppose the lines were blocked as so many were trying to call 999/911 and I live in Northern Ireland, thousands of miles away.) and everyone was OK. One of my cousins was hardly affected because (get this) she was in CHINA with her jazz band! Unfortunately, an earthquake struck in China, but they're all OK. Seems like it's not our family's lucky day.
    By the way, God Bless to all out there in Massachusetts, Vermont, New York and anywhere around the area.
    ~ Ghibli

Haters gonna hate

My condolences to the victims this act of terrorism.

I am very sorry, but ...
    Respected interlocutor, can I ask you three questions?
    1. Can Your request regarded as Russophobian?
    2. What are you doing in Australia if you are a Lebanese patriot?
    3. Why do you care about the issue of Islamophobia?
    (I hope that you are not offended.)

I apologize to the administrators of the site, if breaking the rules of the site.

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Let's not stray from the topic, please. This thread is about the Boston Marathon bombing and the related investigation, not Islamophobia, Russophobia, or any of those things.

Yeah yeah yeah. I've been seeing this one for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeee looonggss days I'm so sick of it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast