Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

Default Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

Two explosions have apparently rocked the Boston Marathon near the finish line. Pictures coming in through Twitter shows massive amounts of gore and blood along the ground. The reason that I label this a possible terror attack, is the double explosions is a typical terror tactic, where the first one injures, and the second one hits those that come to help.

Rules: No Conspiracy Theories, No Guessing on who caused it until we have concrete data, No blaming entire religions, ethnicites, etc etc, NO PICTURES OF THE GORE
    Last edited by Big Lutz; 15th April 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

I turned on the tv so I could play Lego City Undercover and saw this on the tv. I'm still watching this and I thought about bring it up on another site I'm on, but didn't. Right now, I'm not going to make any guesses or anything until more data is revealed.

Dragonborn Sorcerer Lord Naarghul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Multiple casualties reported after two explosions at Boston Marathon | Fox News

DEVELOPING: Multiple casualties are reported after at least two explosions rocked the area near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, according to the Boston Herald.

Witnesses reportedly heard booms that sounded like two claps of thunder near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel.

The explosions occurred just before 3 p.m. Video of the scene showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims and blood on the ground near the finish line.

"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising," Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, told the newspaper. "I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something...There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

A photographer with Fox affiliate WFXT reported seeing a number of victims with lost limbs.

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," McLean said. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race. "I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."
    News article.
    In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow...

in the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die and know...

Bloomberg News Twitter and other sources are saying that Boston Police are saying unexploded devices are still being found. As horrible as this is, it could be much worse if this is true.

Blog Entries

This is absolutely horrific. All of the runners, spectators, and the first responders are in my thoughts.

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Prayers to the families affected. Stay safe. This is just something...damn the stuff I wake up too. u-u

Associated Press confirms that 2 more devices have been found near the Boston Marathon and are being dismantled. http://apne.ws/16YHZEP

#1 Gumshoe Special Agent Looker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Special Agent Looker on Facebook
    Follow Special Agent Looker on Tumblr

What efforts were made to mitigate this kind of event? Hopefully there will be more in the future (efforts to mitigate this kind of disaster, I mean, not explosions).

Boston Fire Department Spokesman says that they are now treating the explosion at the JFK Library as connected with this attack.

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

I was a few towns over. It's weird... outside my dorm, it's really quiet. But I know without knowing that it's chaos mentally and emotionally for everyone around me. Thoughts and prayers to everyone.

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I seriously hope there isn't anymore bombings or explosions that happen today or even anytime soon. This is just horrific. Any BMGf member near or in Boston right now please stay inside your home and stay safe. I might even stay inside in case attacks move out to here (though I highly doubt it cause I'm in St.Louis, hundreds of miles away.) Prayers and thoughts going out to the people affected.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I read that this marathon was being run in honor of the Newtown school shooting victims and some of the families were in the VIP stands. Horrible.

Crazy, crazy stuff. God bless all of them.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Hey everyone,

I hope this is the appropriate thread for this, but since a lot of you know that I live in Boston, I wanted to reassure everyone that I'm safe and sound. I was at the marathon today to cheer on a family friend (who is also safe) but I was nowhere near the bomb site, and I took shelter at the BU campus until the Green Line started running again and I could get home.

It's been quite a harrowing day for us here in Beantown. It all feels so unreal as well as horrifying.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lutz View Post
    Boston Fire Department Spokesman says that they are now treating the explosion at the JFK Library as connected with this attack.
    The fire at the JFK Library has been confirmed as an accident.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

Hey everyone.

This Reddit thread is being updated as new info is released.

There is absolutely no reason this tragedy had to happen. To anyone in the Boston area, I sincerely hope you're alright.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast