Discussion: World Travel - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Discussion: World Travel

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Default Re: Discussion: World Travel

It's interesting reading about where all the Bulbagardeners have travelled. Has anyone visited New Zealand? What were your impressions of the land I (and a surprising number of other Bulbagardeners) call home?

(If it's not too far off-topic, what preconceived ideas do you have if you haven't been here?)
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    (If it's not too far off-topic, what preconceived ideas do you have if you haven't been here?)

One does not walk into New Zealand.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

I was born in Lebanon, and I lived there until I was four. I've been back there a few times. I've also been to Egypt, Syria, and Dubai in the UAE. I also went to Brazil once to visit relatives.

I live in New South Wales. I've been to the interior of NSW, as well as Victoria and Queensland.

In June, my family plans on going to Lebanon again.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

追放されたバカ

I am founded of travel and want to visit all over the world few days ago i visited the UK which is very beautiful country of the world and has many beautiful and attractive places for best visit but Liverpool’s fortunes is one of the beautiful and historical place which attached to shipping.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the places id like to visit (have not been out of the USA) are Canada, EU, Australia and the Caribbean

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

I've been to India, Canada, Japan(airport), Qatar(airport), and Kuwait(airport). I went to Canada just last year to Niagara Falls. I loved it! There were so many places to go to, too! My favorite was Bird Kingdom, it felt so awesome being with my awesome bird friends! XD The last time I went to India was 4 years ago. One of my mom's sisters came and she wanted to visit her. As for the other countries, I was only in their airports! But..that counts right? XD I'm most likely going to Italy in 2 years, because I take Italian and I'm in the Italian club. Seniors get to go to Italy! :) I really want to go to Australia!!
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Pearl FC: 4081 2837 4838
    Heart Gold FC: 3868 0274 5933
    Black FC: 4212 3297 8953
    Brawl FC: 2148 8194 5141

Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Y team: Delphox Talonflame Florges Aurorus Furfrou Dragalge
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

This past summer I went to Barcelona, Paris (along with lovely @Kaori;), and Zurich. Hoping to go back to London next year or the year after, and am hoping to visit Italy, Greece, the Czech Republic, and/or Cambodia at some point.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Other than the US and Australia, I've been to Mexico, Canada, Barbados, Tahiti, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Japan, Hong Kong, the UK, and France. Out of those, I definitely want to go back to Japan, the UK and France the most. Out of places I haven't been, right now the ones I want to go to the most would have to be Korea, Germany, and Spain.

I am established of set out and need to visit everywhere throughout the planet not many days prior I went by the UK which is exceptionally lovely nation of the planet and has numerous wonderful and magnetic places for best visit however Liverpool's fortunes is one of the delightful and recorded spot which joined to shipping......

Click Here
    Last edited by Danny_Harris; 31st October 2013 at 12:27 AM.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I've been to Australia, Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay. Argentina had some amazing wildlife, with Jaguars and Toucans in the tropical northern rainforests, and truly enormous sea lion colonies in the cold southern regions.

I haven't so much as set foot in the northern hemisphere but I'd really like to go to Scandinavia one day, especially Denmark and the Faroe Islands. I also want to see the UK, Canada and the US, NYC in particular.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't been outside of the continental US too often. I've only been to Canada a few times (who said visiting in the winter wasn't fun?), the UK (London is awesome, and in Cardiff I was lost in a throng of Welsh and Irish rugby fans in town for a match that day), and Puerto Rico (love the sound of coqui frogs).

Blog Entries

I have traveled to a fairly large number of places. In the US I have been to the states of Florida, Maryland, Virginia and New York. I have also been to Washington DC. Outside the US, I have been to England, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Barbados and Antigua where a lived for a large chunk of my life. My family used to visit different Caribbean Islands when I was younger.

Places I really want to visit are France, Brazil, Japan and Russia. These countries have priority.

Y > X

Blog Entries

I've only been to Canada.

I'd love to go to Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Australia, India, and Morocco.

No offense to any English people, I'd rather have a root canal than visit England. (I'd willingly visit Scotland, though.) In England people judge you by what your first name is. God forbid your name is something very American like Kevin or Brittany - the Brits will assume you're trashy and refuse to associate with you. (Sorry, but we can't all be named Caspian or Xanthe.)

I would like to visit New Zealand, but I want to experience the REAL culture - not the LOTR movie garbage. Maybe going to a more ethnic area of the country (esp. a very Maori one) would be better.
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I've only been to Canada.

I'd love to go to Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Australia, India, and Morocco.

No offense to any English people, I'd rather have a root canal than visit England. (I'd willingly visit Scotland, though.) In England people judge you by what your first name is. God forbid your name is something very American like Kevin or Brittany - the Brits will assume you're trashy and refuse to associate with you. (Sorry, but we can't all be named Caspian or Xanthe.)

I would like to visit New Zealand, but I want to experience the REAL culture - not the LOTR movie garbage. Maybe going to a more ethnic area of the country (esp. a very Maori one) would be better.
    I'm English and I don't judge people because of what their first name is or where they come from nor do most people I know. The culture you've just described is not the one I grew up in, aren't you yourself judging an entire culture or race of people based upon a perceived negative stereotype.

Anyway that's not the reason I posted here, back on topic, sorry.

Besides England where I live I've been to Scotland, Wales, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Australia.
    Last edited by Rainbow Cloud; 13th September 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I went to Norway at the very beginning of summer. It was pretty awesome. I will return to Europe in 2 years, hopefully to visit France or England or both. If I don't do something stupid like getting married then I should be able to hit up Europe every summer starting the year after next.
    That's nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast