Discussion: Dream jobs and current jobs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Dream jobs and current jobs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Discussion: Dream jobs and current jobs

You guys have some pretty cool goals! Sounds like there are much more creative people here than I lol.

I'm just about done with my schooling to become an aircraft mechanic, next week I will have completed my hours to be eligible to take the tests to get my first two licenses (airframe and general) and I will have my third and final license (power plant.. For now) a little after August.

My dream job would be to run my own small business repairing or modifying general aviation. Although I would much rather work on cars and trucks, the money isn't there when compared to aviation.

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I am unfortunately unemployed at the moment, but I had a job in a Sears store where I worked in the clothing department as a Merchandice and Customer assistant. It was a difficult and stressful job and I really didnt have the capabilities of doing the job how they really wanted it to be done and fast enough.

As for my dream job? I would love to do something where I work with animals. Im not exactly sure what, but I considered pursuing becoming a Veterinary Assistant. Im sure that's not the only thing I could do but I don't know exactly what else is out there for people that want to work with animals that dosent require years and years of study.

Come and go like a ghost lefege's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow lefege On Twitter

I'm currently unemployed, but as a option of mine, since I'm getting a double major in Visual Arts and History.

I was a kindergarden teacher for three years. I definitely want to stay a teacher, but I prefer preteens and teens better than little kids.
    To be quite honest, I started out just hating the idea of teaching; I've never had any inspiring teacher during my school life. I was there for the money (little money, but I thought it was a easy job - it isn't).
    But them I noticed I was good at this and I've had the most loving students I could imagine. I know I'm on the right path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I'd like to be a professor in microbiology. Or, although something drastically different, a translator.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)
    gif source

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm currently a grad student working on my second MA in Writing. I have my BA and another MA in Journalism. My dream job is either teaching at the higher ed level or working for a company/ news outlet that deals with nerdy things.

This summer will be my third year working at a minor league baseball stadium. I usually run carnival games and give out prizes or take tickets at the entrances.

Can I help you? No? Bye. LakituBroz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Visit LakituBroz's Youtube Channel

Well, my one goal in life is to be a game designer. I find this because I've always been fascinated by how technology works, and how the pictures on the screen move, ever since I found my brother's old Pokémon Yellow game and his Game Boy. Of course, if that doesn't work, then I'd be a mechanic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

Well, I went to Uni to study to be a therapist. Hated it. I was so disappointed as it was my dream, but it just wasn't for me. I soldiered on and completed my degree then thought - damn - what the hell am I going to do now?

I fell into a job in a pet shop, and I love it. Its challenging (I have to take tests and exams all the time on everything from water chemistry to how cats break down protein!) and I know I'm good at it. As I have a degree, I can progress pretty quickly within the company, so hopefully I'll be a manager in a year or so, or I could apply for a more 'graduate' job in head office.

I love what I do though! Surrounded by Pythons and rats all day!
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

It actually took me quite a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, I'm still in high school but I should really make my life choices quicker I mean it took me twelve years to decide my favorite color lol. Anyways, I realized what I really want to be is a writer. I'm not a very prolific writer right now, though, I am working on a few fanfics but it'll be a long time before they're ready to post. Really, writing is magical, one of the best things in the world is a beautifully written story. I owe a lot to literature, a wide vocabulary and more active imagination for one thing, and Owl City for another because I got into in literature class when my teacher played Vanilla Twilight because it was poetic lol and I liked it so I searched for more of his songs on Youtube lol and I don't care that writers don't earn as much as other jobs, writing is what I want to do with my life.

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My dream job is to teach. I'm currently in the process of earning my degree. I'm excited to work in a field where I can directly guide youth through their formative years. I especially want to work in the inner city where I can help those who are most in need.

I am currently a student, I work a couple jobs on campus. I'm a financial aid consultant, stock shelves at Walmart and drive a cab.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would LOVE to be a veterinarian. But, there will be a lot of stress associated with the job. Then I'll start working on domesticating the squirrel.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    Catching a Pokémon: Throwing Poké Balls over and over and expecting a different result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Current job: Cashier at a bookstore.

Dream job: I would love to be a translator or interpreter or some job pertaining to foreign language. I do freelance translate occasionally at the Twitter Translation Center for French, so I'm getting experience and practice.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do for a career, but I'm thinking some sort of lab or research job (preferably in the field of math or physics).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I used to pursue science - biology particularly, but now I've found a new interest in literature, and I'm planning to get a degree in both fields. I'll probably keep my mind on being a researcher of some sort perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like

My dream job is to be a Language Arts Teacher.

I'm not sure if I want to teach middle school or high school, since I haven't even started high school yet, but I'm definitely not going to be teaching little kids in diapers. Not a chance.

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Post Thanks / Like

I aspire to be a novelist, focusing mainly on the apparent paradox of Christian fiction, and graphic novels. I can't draw (much less color inside the lines) to save my life, but if someone is eager to draw out my worlds, and I like their art style, I'm eager to work with them.

I am currently unemployed. I do, however, have an opportunity to be an orientation leader at my school, which I'll take up on Monday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast