DISASTER: Dallas area hit by numerous tornadoes

Thread: Dallas area hit by numerous tornadoes

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Dallas area hit by numerous tornadoes

Tornadoes Reported Near Dallas-Fort Worth Area | Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    BURLESON, Texas – DEVELOPING: Tornadoes tore through the Dallas area on Tuesday, tearing roofs off homes, tossing trucks into the air and leaving flattened tractor trailers strewn along highways and parking lots.

The National Weather Service reported at least two separate "large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes south of Dallas and Fort Worth. Several other developing twisters were reported as a band of violent storms moved north through the metropolitan area. Officials had no immediate information about injuries.

Footage from highway video cameras showed a large, dark funnel cloud moving on the ground not far from a major interstate early Tuesday afternoon. Crumpled orange tractor trailers were later visible in a Dallas County parking lot, as well as flattened trailers along the sides of highways and access roads.

In one Dallas County neighborhood, local television footage showed homes without roofs while other buildings were flattened. Plywood was strewn on the grass and on top of buildings. Residents could be seen walking down the street with firefighters and peering into homes, looking at the damage after the storm passed.

The storm pushed cars into fences and toppled trees over. Branches and limbs were scattered across lawns and in the streets. A tow-behind RV was torn apart and crumpled in a driveway where part of a roof of the home was torn off.

uReport: If you're in the Dallas area, SAFELY send uReport your photos and videos >>

"Obviously, we're going to have a lot of assessments to make when this is done," Dallas County spokeswoman Maria Arita told The Associated Press.

Dallas Police spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey said an apparent twister also touched down and caused damage within the city's southern limits, though the extent was not immediately known.

The weather service said "considerable damage" was reported near Cleburne, south of Fort Worth, and Lancaster, south of Dallas.

A spokeswoman for the Lancaster school district spokeswoman said officials did not immediately know of any damage to schools. Leslie Johnston, spokeswoman for Arlington Independent School District, in between Dallas and Forth Worth, said all schools there had students take sheltering and several schools reported power outages.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Default Re: Dallas area hit by numerous tornadoes

I live in the DFW area; it was pretty damn bad. My family's okay, but some houses the next town over were completely leveled.

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Final tornado count: 12
    Number of casualties: 0

Aww yeah. Today is a good day to live.

Welcome to Trafalgar’s "Room"
    Shall I steal what’s most precious to you?

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Down here in Austin, I guess we got the edge of the storm. Some rain, but nothing too serious that I'm aware of.

Living in Richardson I was lucky enough to be between the two storms and thus got nothing more than rain and wind.

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

I live by Decatur and we only got rain.

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lutz View Post
    Living in Richardson I was lucky enough to be between the two storms and thus got nothing more than rain and wind.
    Really? I'm in Richardson too and I got some heavy rain and lightning.

Welcome to Trafalgar’s "Room"
    Shall I steal what’s most precious to you?

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]