DISASTER: Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Thread: Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Head Bus Driver Big Lutz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    A Bulgarian politician today survived an extraordinary assassination attempt when a man stormed the stage and held a gun to his head as he was giving a speech.

Fortunately for Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, the weapon misfired giving him time to react and hit the would-be assassin's hand out of the way.

Before he could attempt a second shot the unidentified suspect was tackled to the ground by security guards and delegates attending the conference in Sofia.

Television footage showed the man jumping out of the audience and interrupting a speech by 58-year-old Dogan, who has led the party for almost a quarter of a century.

In a split second, he raises the gun to Mr Dogan's head but it appeared to misfire.

The politician then knocked the gun away and fell to the floor as he attempted to flee.

Security guards and delegates rushed onto the stage where they wrestled the attacker to the ground.
    Ahmed Dogan: Heart stopping moment man pulls a gun on Bulgarian opposition leader as he makes speech live on TV | Mail Online

I would suggest reading the whole story, and you gotta applaud the people that rushed the stage to protect the politician while the would be assassin was wrestled to the ground.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Default Re: Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Isn't the disaster prefix supposed to be for natural disasters?

And of course I just get straight to the point of the article.

This certainly was one of the more interesting clips I've recently seen on nightly news. I wonder what the motive was.

Head Bus Driver Big Lutz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    Isn't the disaster prefix supposed to be for natural disasters?
    You're right that was a mispick on my part ^^;; shows how little I have spent on this side of the news board.