AP Tweets: Kim Jong-Il is dead. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AP Tweets: Kim Jong-Il is dead.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: AP Tweets: Kim Jong-Il is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lutz View Post
    You know I think that the weeping is real, these people have become so psychologically traumatized that they truly do believe the man is some kind of God.

Considering that the people in the country are taught that his birth caused winter to change to spring and was marked by the appearance of a double-rainbow and a new star, that he controls the weather (yup, that's pretty god-like actually) and that he neither urinates nor defecates, that's not so surprising actually :)

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could obviously tell those people were forced to cry, I mean, c'mon, they all look like they're faking it.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Experts think it's mostly show what they're doing there. And it's probably helped by the fact that a big group is doing it. If everybody is laughing at the a joke, you'll probably laugh as well, even if you didn't get it. And if everyone's applauding, you're likely to join in. So why would it be any different with crying? They'd probably be a social outcast if they didn't join in.
    Mob mentality probably helped make things more intense, but I don't doubt that most of it is genuine. He's pretty much considered North Korea's savior and guiding light in an unsafe world, so I could see how some people may be very sad if he died.

Nope, their sorrow is indeed genuine. Everything good is attributed to the Dear Leader, from good weather, to vision-restoring surgery. He is (especially now that he's dead) revered as a god by the North Korean people.

I'm so ronery, so very ronery, so ronery and sadry arone...
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I can't laugh at Kin Jong-Il looking at things anymore. ;-;

*weeps hysterically* WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Anyways, everytime the North Korean debate comes up, I seriously wonder what the economic repercussions are of reunification. Heck studying how the German reunification led to the Euro (Yes, it was a big part of it) just underscores how much of an economic impact North Korea has if it ever destabilizes.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Anyone with eyes can see a power struggle will ensue after the mourning is over. Pitiful country. Everyone is starving, yet they cry for the cause of their suffering.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
    Well I can't laugh at Kin Jong-Il looking at things anymore. ;-;

*weeps hysterically* WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Anyways, everytime the North Korean debate comes up, I seriously wonder what the economic repercussions are of reunification. Heck studying how the German reunification led to the Euro (Yes, it was a big part of it) just underscores how much of an economic impact North Korea has if it ever destabilizes.
    Irrelevant compared to the millions of lives that are destroyed by North Korean authoritarianism.
    That's nice.

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteryno. View Post
    Irrelevant compared to the millions of lives that are destroyed by North Korean authoritarianism.
    Ah yes, I do not wave that off, but when and yes when, North Korea finally opens up to the world, what then?

It's easy to come in and "get rid of the dictators" but as we've seen in Iraq, very costly to restabilize a country. Is the international community willing to do anything about those refugees that will come flooding into China and South Korea? Which I should say the region contain some of the biggest economies around considering Japan is right across the sea. The economic repercussions of such events is what people just magically wave off when thinking about these things.

What I'm trying to say is, there should be a strategy for the aftermath of a Korean Reunification.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Ya know, there's absolutely NO REASON for the North to work with the Middle-East terrorists. I don't think they even care about each other anyway...

When Kim Il-Sung and died, he was more like a god to his people, so they were genuinely crying over him.

But this time, there were notes in the news that the North Koreans were taking this much more coolly. So part of their crying could be just show. And they'd probably get killed or get put in prison if they don't cry...

Anyways, since Kim Jong-Il died, this did become a huge alert to other countries. But we have to wait and see the outcome. When Kim Il-Sung died, Kim Jong-Il had been well over 40 years old, had over 15 years of leader-education and experience in participating in important national events.

However, Kim Jong-Un is only 27, and he's been officially announced as successor for what, only 2 years or so? He doesn't have much experience like his father did - AND there's a possibility he doesn't possess enough "power" to control over his direct "subjects", a.k.a., his advisors and the military officials. Which means, his position now is wobbly.

A revolution could occur. A lot of South Korean media and cultural stuff and flowing into the North without getting caught, and people are NOT stupid as they had been 10 or so years ago. Moreover, there could be someone who wants the top position, and anyone with enough "power" could overthrow Kim Jong-Un. A war could breakout in the process. Who knows.

Or, since he actually knows what's going around in the world - if he truly cares for his people, he would make the smartest decision and try "opening" the North as free and unite with the South. BUT - that's a 'smart' decision, not the 'best' decision. In fact, although South Koreans are willing to unite, they're also concerned about what might come after.

When Germany had been split in two, West Germany had been growing hugely in economics, and had been one of the richest countries in the world. (By 'rich', I mean their financial status worldwide) If I remember correctly, they had been possibly the 2nd richest country or so. But after West and East Germany united - we all know what happened. Even though Germany is still considered to have good economics status, trying to help East Germany as a whole had costed them a lot.

South Korea had grown fast economically after the Korean War in the 1950's, but see - their financial status is still not good enough to be considered 'rich' compared to the Western Countries. In this situation, uniting with the North could possibly lead to nation bankruptcy (I know this is extreme, but that's a possibility). South Korea can't feed two countries (both North and South) alone. Other countries? The UN might give a hand, but for how long? For eternity? It's up to the Koreans to tie their countries together, but the economics state just won't follow. Helping the North would effect the South's money problems HUGELY. And by HUGE, I MEAN HUGE. SERIOUSLY.

After the North is done with mourning, they're probably going to take their next step. But whatever way, it's going to be hard to find the best solution.

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    South Korea had grown fast economically after the Korean War in the 1950's, but see - their financial status is still not good enough to be considered 'rich' compared to the Western Countries. In this situation, uniting with the North could possibly lead to nation bankruptcy (I know this is extreme, but that's a possibility). South Korea can't feed two countries (both North and South) alone. Other countries? The UN might give a hand, but for how long? For eternity? It's up to the Koreans to tie their countries together, but the economics state just won't follow. Helping the North would effect the South's money problems HUGELY. And by HUGE, I MEAN HUGE. SERIOUSLY.
    If they did reunify, it's not like the South will have to feed 100% of the North (the entire 24 million people of North Korea don't currently rely on food aid). They may have to feed some for a while but if the countries did unite they would make money by exploiting the ineffective economic policies that were used in the North by reforming and capitalising them. North Korea's potential wealth is greater that that of South Korea's because of their vast supply of natural resources regardless of not having much arable land. North Korea even WAS richer than South Korea for decades after the Korean War while the South suffered widespread protests, a coup and a subsequent dictator.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

If they did reunite under South Korea's government, it would have to be a very gradual process, starting with the type of propaganda they use in North Korea. Right now, North Koreans only have one source of news, and they are required to watch or listen to it. They hear every day about how South Korea's government is not legitimate, and how the country should reunite under North Korea's "Juche" (basically self reliance, not needing anyone else) idea. They don't really even refer to South Korea as a separate country, they imply that it's just occupied territory (they basically refer to "south Korea," with the lower case s). The wikipedia article is pretty short if you're interested.

That said, there would have to be a lot of de-propagandiziation before the North went the way of the South. Even if everyone was ready and willing, I think it would still require a long process. They would first have to slowly lift all of their restrictions on free enterprise, end all of their human rights violations, possibly hold democratic elections, then after mountains of foreign aide they might possibly be ready to reunify.

Also, here's an interesting and semi-relevant picture. It's the Korean peninsula at night, showing the lights of the area's countries. That huge black spot is North Korea. Of course the only decent light splotch is on Pyongyang.

That's nice.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I recently found this article: Rise Of The Beast System: 11 Ways That Amerika Is Becoming More Like North Korea

Scary, isn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Considering that the people in the country are taught that his birth caused winter to change to spring and was marked by the appearance of a double-rainbow and a new star, that he controls the weather (yup, that's pretty god-like actually) and that he neither urinates nor defecates, that's not so surprising actually :)
    That's just sick and wrong on so many levels, that entire country is just twisted beyond belief, no wonder where "Trollestia" originated in the MLP fandom, as that belief is just inhuman.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 28th December 2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

There's very little chance of a Korean reunification at this point. The divide has been so deeply ingrained for so long that it'd be virtually impossible for the countries to become one again.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123