DISASTER: 7.6 Earthquake in Mexico

Thread: 7.6 Earthquake in Mexico

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default 7.6 Earthquake in Mexico

Magnitude 7.6 - OAXACA, MEXICO

This earthquake struck within the last hour and there are reports of buildings shaking in as far away as Mexico City.

Default 7.6 magnitude earthquake strikes near Acapulco, Mexico

A strong, long 7.6 earthquake with an epicenter in Guerrero state shook central southern Mexico on Tuesday, swaying buildings in Mexico City and sending frightened workers and residents into the streets.

The U.S. Geological Survey set the intensity at 7.6 at a depth of 11 miles underground. Mexico's National Seismological Survey said the temblor had an epicenter southwest of Ometepec. The quake was located 120 miles east of Acapulco.

Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard's Twitter account said the water system and other "strategic services" were not experiencing problems.
    A person at Acapulco City Hall told NBC News that they felt the quake but had no immediate reports of injuries or damages.

No damage was reported in Oaxaca, near where the quake hit, according to local television.

Earlier the quake had been reported at 7.9 magnitude. No tsunami was expected.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.
    Source

Yeah, two threads were made within 1 minute of each other. So I merged them.

Pokémon Conspiracist Smeagol92055's Avatar

Default Re: 7.6 Earthquake in Mexico

Didn't feel a thing here in San Diego; usually we get some of those tremors out here when something as big as that happens.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

So does this mean that there won't be a 7.something earthquake due in California by March 22, or is this not the one geologists predicted last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    So does this mean that there won't be a 7.something earthquake due in California by March 22, or is this not the one geologists predicted last week?
    Hmm. In all likelihood, I wouldn't rule it out. A few years back a quake happened on Easter morning in Mexico and it rocked the house pretty damn hard.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol92055 View Post
    Hmm. In all likelihood, I wouldn't rule it out. A few years back a quake happened on Easter morning in Mexico and it rocked the house pretty damn hard.
    Oh crud, but at least I've placed my figures on safe places so they won't fall off from my top shelves.

Blog Entries

California is always ready to blow in terms of earthquakes, no matter the geological distance between it and an earthquake elsewhere in the world. Considering how far away this earthquake was from the San Andreas fault, I doubt it "stole" the big earthquake.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Y'know, the San Andreas is massive; it's quite likely that this quake that hit yesterday is actually a Foreshock to the predicted event.

Blog Entries

The San Andreas fault is indeed massive, but it's not *that* massive. There's another fault line running along Mexico's southern coastline, where this earthquake hit, but the name escapes me at the moment.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Well, given if the "188 days" theory is correct, and the fact that the earthquakes involved in this theory are always between 6 and 9 magnitudes, this is pretty much the quake that was predicted.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account