SPORTS: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

追放されたバカ

Default Re: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Malph View Post
    Sick of Australia losing to the ... Would rather lose to a drugged up Chinese person who never gets caught TBH. Royal commission after the games.
    Always thought we had a friendly rivalry, you seem to be actually quite angry, also would prefer it if you didn't use the P word. You got a massive cheer when you (Australia) entered the Stadium, is Britain not as popular in Australia as Australia is in Britain?

eat

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Sick of Australia losing to the ... Would rather lose to a drugged up Chinese person who never gets caught TBH. Royal commission after the games.
    Always thought we had a friendly rivalry, you seem to be actually quite angry, also would prefer it if you didn't use the P word. You got a massive cheer when you (Australia) entered the Stadium, is Britain not as popular in Australia as Australia is in Britain?
    You should take it as a compliment. You have had our measure in sport recently after years of us having your measure, especially in cricket. We don't like losing, or more specifically, I don't like losing. It would be the same for New Zealand if they beat us at sport consistently but we usually have their measure (but even THEY are beating us this year).

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

NBC, you don't have to show us every Olympic athlete's emotional story about how they made it this far. Neither do we have to see Mary Carillo talking about the bagpipes.

Anyway, good to see track and field starting up. Watching men's 400m hurdle right now.

Although I'm American cheering for Team USA, I sort of do hope the Aussies can get more gold.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    NBC, you don't have to show us every Olympic athlete's emotional story about how they made it this far. Neither do we have to see Mary Carillo talking about the bagpipes.
    That's how NBC does things for prime time broadcasts. They present the Olympics as a drama more than an actual sporting event.
    Kouzan likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    That's how NBC does things for prime time broadcasts. They present the Olympics as a drama more than an actual sporting event.
    Yeah exactly they could fit in more events instead of show that junk. The daytime coverage is tolerable, but I prefer watching the stream, though it's laggy. If I could have access to BBC's coverage I would.

Edit: Congrats to Michael Phelps on winning 22 medals and becoming the most decorated Olympian of all time! Nice to be able to witness him win his final swim in his career.
    Last edited by Kouzan; 4th August 2012 at 11:47 PM.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

The Olympics are one of the few times I miss living in Detroit (where I grew up), since our proximity to Canada meant we had access to the CBC, which shows the events when they happen and with less of the "Hallmark moments." Now I'm stuck with crappy NBC.

Hopefully at least the timing issue will change sooner or later, though. It's kind of impossible to keep people in suspense until the channel feels like airing it in the age of Twitter, blogs, etc.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Any Tennis fan around? I am extremely happy for Murray, he finally got his 'revenge'.

Also, I always root for William sisters, so cheers to Serena for beating the shit out of Sharapova XP

Trophies

Haha he got his revenge in style beating federer in straight sets! Well done murray

Felt sorry for him that he lost in doubles though, It probably took the good mood off him, but he'll be happy with silver.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

I have changed my avatar to commemorate this momentous facial expression.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

You should take it as a compliment. You have had our measure in sport recently after years of us having your measure, especially in cricket. We don't like losing, or more specifically, I don't like losing. It would be the same for New Zealand if they beat us at sport consistently but we usually have their measure (but even THEY are beating us this year).
    Everyone in NZ is so happy about beating you Aussies. Im just glad we're doing so good, I could care less if we beat you. Honestly, all the best to your athletes. :)
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

The United States is doing great! We can keep this up! :D

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
    The United States is doing great! :D
    And you're in 33rd with a Gold and Bronze, well done Lithuania! :D I've never known one person compete on their own before and get into the medal table!

;) jk

Blog Entries

XDDD

Now I wish my username was "Russia." again.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

The power went out in my town during the uneven bars final. Ugh. I might as well wait for the archived stream to be posted since NBC coverage won't be worth watching.

Finally Russia has a gold in women's gymnastics. I'm hoping they win the next two women's event finals. Let's go Komova and Afanasyeva. Show the rest of the world how it's done.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He was so close...

With a mustache. (Just remembered Missingno. Master, is he still around?)

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast