SPORTS: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

追放されたバカ

Default Re: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

@Bikini Miltank

Let's do a house swap in 2016, I'll go to your house in America where they cut all the boring bits out and you can come here to the UK where they keep the boring bits in. :D

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Lleyton won.

We need more medals :(

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Flash View Post
    Lleyton won.

We need more medals :(
    At least you're on 11th, you're knocking on the Top 10, UK is down in 17th and it's worse because we are the hosts and you're expecting a home team advantage. We came 4th in 2008 and I and many others really thought with home advantage we could come in 3rd. Indeed if we won the events the commentators expected us to win, and said that we would win, 2nd is where we would be at the moment, beating even the US.

Alas it wasn't to be.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Some of the opening ceremony (like the industrial revolution segment, and the NHS bit) was a bit WTF, but overall it turned out a lot better that I had expected.

I thought Muhammed Ali's appearance and Emeli Sande's tribute to the London bombing victims were moving (can't believe this was appparently cut out of the NBC airing).

Along with the Arctic Monkey's performance, one of my favourite parts of the opening ceremony had to be the Indian team's new "Lady in Red" friend, what a legend!

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=42757a6fd842

As for Dutch Antilles & South Sudanese athetes competing under the Olympic flag, what a dance lol

Anyone just watched the gymnastics??? More controvosory. Japan came 4th, but protested their results for one of the dismounts. They believed they should of got .5 of a point. The judges looked at the replay and had to choose whether to give .2, .3 or .5 of a point. They gave the .5 and won silver, knocking GB into 3rd and Ukraine off the table. Although most of GB are happy as this is our first gymnastics medals, this meant a lot to Ukraine and they will be extremely disappointed. It was tense :P

But most of ukraine called their relatives to break the great news about bronze, but they all had to ring back to say they hadent won a medal. Bit cruel if you ask me... Judges should of noticed the dismount in the first place :\.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by mwetwe View Post
    Anyone just watched the gymnastics??? More controvosory. Japan came 4th, but protested their results for one of the dismounts. They believed they should of got .5 of a point. The judges looked at the replay and had to choose whether to give .2, .3 or .5 of a point. They gave the .5 and won silver, knocking GB into 3rd and Ukraine off the table. Although most of GB are happy as this is our first gymnastics medals, this meant a lot to Ukraine and they will be extremely disappointed. It was tense :P

But most of ukraine called their relatives to break the great news about bronze, but they all had to ring back to say they hadent won a medal. Bit cruel if you ask me... Judges should of noticed the dismount in the first place :\.
    Yes I was watching it live, felt really disappointed for Team GB afterwards. Seeing some of the stuff on twitter however is just shameful. Brits making jokes about Japan that are Earthquake related. Makes Britain look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Yes I was watching it live, felt really disappointed for Team GB afterwards. Seeing some of the stuff on twitter however is just shameful. Brits making jokes about Japan that are Earthquake related. Makes Britain look really bad.
    Yeah, same on facebook, going too far really :\. But it was the judges fault really not Japanises, although they didnt have to say anything :P

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I don't think I've seen that yet. It's probably cause I'm from the US and most of our stuff is recorded. Was it just broadcast in the UK?

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

@Water Max @Champion Kouzan Yeah xD But I guess we can all agree that her two Corgis were cute :)
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

It was the judges - you can't credit a fall when a gymnast lands on his feet! It was fair for them to go back and award the dismount. Gutted for Ukraine though, but happy my Chinese boys were able to pull through <3

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    I don't think I've seen that yet. It's probably cause I'm from the US and most of our stuff is recorded. Was it just broadcast in the UK?
    It was live streamed online, but it will air tonight on NBC. I can't wait to see how NBC manages to talk about this with their dumbed down commentary.

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

We aren't doing too well in swimming.

Oh well at least we have a shot in other sports.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Man we're sucking at swimming, especially Phelps who usually does exceptionally good. At least Missy Franklin dominated with gold today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    It was live streamed online, but it will air tonight on NBC. I can't wait to see how NBC manages to talk about this with their dumbed down commentary.
    Alright I watched it on TV, but I don't remember NBC's commentary on it or if they even mentioned anything on it since they're always sugar-coating everything. I swear Bob Costas needs to shut up sometimes.

追放されたバカ

Well the UK seems stuck in 20th spot, 0 Gold, but 2 Silver, and 2 Bronze, whenever we win a medal we still don't go up the table because whoever won the Silver or Gold overtakes us. So we need to come 2nd or 3rd to countries already ahead of us to move up in the table.

US China fight everyone predicted at the top, equal on total medals, but it's based on Golds and China has 4 more. Italy not doing so well as they did on the first 2 days and now fallen to 5th, France doing unexpectedly well and now in 3rd on 3 medals, only 3 more Gold and they overtake the US (very unlikely.) Maybe they are being spurred on by the desire to do really well at these games after they just narrowly missed out on hosting them to London. Battle of the Koreas wages on, North ahead of South but 1 Gold for the South would see them take the lead as they have more Silver than the North. Kazahkstan (former soviet state) hot on the heels of it's former master Russia, was briefly ahead, now just narrowly behind, 1 Silver would see them overtake Russia again.

Haha we are 21st now though...

I dont think we will have an oppertunity for gold tommorow looking at the tmietable, who knows?? Lets hope, want to come in top 10 at least :\

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast