SPORTS: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Default 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

The Summer Olympics will begin in a little over a month. Who's interested? I'm a gymnastics fan, and Olympic trials for the US are in two weeks.

NBC is going to offer a lot of live online coverage this year. I'm interested in seeing how that goes.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Default Re: 2012 Olympics Hype Thread

I'm only interested in the swimming competitions. For now.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I'm a gigantic gymnastics fan, but kind of disappointed with this Olympics' format for the competition. I support Team China, but since there is no way in hell they can get gold unless Russia/USA have MAJOR breakdowns, I want Russia to clinch gold only because I like the Russians more than I like the Americans that are likely to make the Olympic team. Too bad McKayla Maroney got injured at classics; she and Anna Li are by and large my favorites on the USA National Squad :D. That being said I would love to see Gabby Douglas or Jordyn Wieber medal in the AA (though Yao Jinnan of China is my sentimental favorite for gold)

Naturally I'm also a diving/swimming fan, and I'm excited to see what Team Spain can cook up to challenge Team USA in basketball!

I love Olympic Sports to death~

eat

Bong rat Michael Phelps to be assaulted in the pool by proud Australian Nick Darcy.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I'm interested in all of it. I love the Olympics.

But mainly the swimming events, running events and of course SOCCER.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Swimming, of course.

This year, I hope Ryan Lochte will shine. He's beaten Phelps quite a few times since 2008, so I have high hopes for him.

I also want to see some Rowing.
    TheCapsFan likes this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I just watch the medal count. I don't even care what color medal it is, just who has the most.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I love getting to see the different flags and hearing the gold medal winner's national anthem during the medal ceremonies.
    TheCapsFan likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    I'm a gigantic gymnastics fan, but kind of disappointed with this Olympics' format for the competition.
    Whenever I look at announced teams they all look so small.

Anyways, my prediction (this is the safest prediction) for the US women's team is Jordyn Wieber, Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross. This is provided that Maroney recovers from her concussion in time.

I'm hoping that Mai Murakami wins a medal. I think she has rockets attached to her feet to help her do her ridiculous routines.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I tend to watch most events, as much as I can (hopefully they'll try to air as many events as they can here). I do have some favorites; table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, and handball. I usually watch just for fun, regardless of who is playing.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Four years ago, practically every time I turned on the Olympics (unless it was specifically to watch something), it was boxing. Why boxing seemed to be on so much, I have no idea. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would prefer to see judo or fencing or maybe even some tae kwon do. I'll watch fencing if I can, but last time what little was aired on TV was aired at very awkward times.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post

Whenever I look at announced teams they all look so small.

Anyways, my prediction (this is the safest prediction) for the US women's team is Jordyn Wieber, Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross. This is provided that Maroney recovers from her concussion in time.

I'm hoping that Mai Murakami wins a medal. I think she has rockets attached to her feet to help her do her ridiculous routines.
    Mai Murakami won't be on the team, unfortunately. I love the little firecracker, but Japan's Olympic team was announced ages ago. IIRC, Sasada didn't make either :( Tsurumi and Tanaka are back though.

Ideally I would want China to forget about TF and just brink its loveliest gymnasts/individual medal prospects, but if Wu Liufang can't make a Worlds/Olyms squad two years running she won't be on the Olympic team =___= And I'd love to see Cheng Fei too but :(

That being said, I think China will look like this:

Yao Jinnan (UB, BB, FX, VT), Huang Qiushuang (VT, UB), Deng Linlin (FX, BB, VT), He Kexin (UB), and Sui Lu (FX, BB)

And Russia like this:

Mustafina, Komova, Grishina, Afanasyeva, and... hopefully Nabieva but we'll see.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*insert hype here*

I'm an Olympics nerd.
    TheCapsFan likes this.

Blog Entries

Heartbroken :( Cheng Fei ruptured her ACL... In the midst of a comeback to her third olyms too T_T

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Yes, I am so pumped for this. The Olympics is like the only time you'll ever see me give a shit about sports, it only happens once every four years people!

Naturally I'll be following the events my country usually performs strongly in (that's Rowing, Shot Put, Cycling and Triathlon), but I also love watching the fencing, martial arts, gymnastics, swimming and track events.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast