16 Year Old Girl from Steubenville, Ohio Raped After Becoming Unconscious - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 16 Year Old Girl from Steubenville, Ohio Raped After Becoming Unconscious

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: 16 Year Old Girl from Steubenville, Ohio Raped After Becoming Unconscious

This thread is specifically for the Steubenville case. Stay on topic.

And @reorio; in the future, please look closer at who hosts the articles you choose to post. You lose credibility when you cite demagogues in your argument.

Default Re: 16 Year Old Girl from Steubenville, Ohio Raped After Becoming Unconscious

I definitely agree with some of you over how the media is blowing this up to cosmic proportions; like don't get me wrong, this is sickening and downright disgusting, but they make way too big of a deal.

I feel sympathy for the boys as well. They are teenagers after all, and everyone messes up. Even though they may have been given a bit of a light punishment, it seems to be fine...for now anyways. The important thing herei s that they both learn their lesson.

However, from a different viewpoint, you can still 100% blame the girl as well. SHE put herself in this situation by not having enough self-control to drink appropriately and she faced the consequences. Sure, she didn't have to get raped, but she was the one that got so intoxicated that she PASSED OUT.

God, what the fuck is wrong with teenagers today. When I was a teenager...I was playing Pokémon :P.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I definitely agree with some of you over how the media is blowing this up to cosmic proportions; like don't get me wrong, this is sickening and downright disgusting, but they make way too big of a deal.

I feel sympathy for the boys as well. They are teenagers after all, and everyone messes up. Even though they may have been given a bit of a light punishment, it seems to be fine...for now anyways. The important thing herei s that they both learn their lesson.

However, from a different viewpoint, you can still 100% blame the girl as well. SHE put herself in this situation by not having enough self-control to drink appropriately and she faced the consequences. Sure, she didn't have to get raped, but she was the one that got so intoxicated that she PASSED OUT.

God, what the fuck is wrong with teenagers today. When I was a teenager...I was playing Pokémon :P.
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic...please for the sake of all that is rational in this world that this post is nothing but sarcasm that's just hard to interpret due to the written nature of forum posts. Otherwise I might just have to grab a big bottle of the good stuff, get into the foetal position in a nice corner and rock back and force while slowly using the alcohol to try and numb the pain.

Blog Entries

Replies here have shown there is nothing to justify this being open any longer so I am closing it. A thread where people attempt to justify rape has no place here as far as I am concerned.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345