14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Default Re: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Rest in peace all those who died! The world isn't cold & it does care even if it claims not to, we will live on for you.
    Shiny Celebi likes this.

Default Re: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Such a tragic event that occurred. I hope all who were effected, can find peace. Also, I hope the bastard that did this will be punished to the fullest extent.

Blog Entries

A 6 month year old child was killed as well, although I am not sure why a six month baby was at a midnight screening of a (M rated?) movie, but still horrible. You know this person isn't ever going to get away with what he did even in jail, I am pretty sure a baby killer, is something hardly any prisoners is going to take lightly (Aleast if the shows/movies are to be taken seriously). Although it should be the fact he's a murderer that he shouldn't get treated lightly from prisoners.

I got to say, when I walk into an almost empty cinemas, I get a bit nervous since not really anyone's there (I mean it's dark, quiet, and if it's like Cinema 7, right at the end, then creepy since anyone could probably grab you.. But I guess crowded is actually a more likely target).

Also this person is said to be wearing SWAT gear, that's just worse, think they probably got past the main foyer just by saying he had important things to do, and if they thought he was an actual officer, they would have let him through (And be scared, because come on, a SWAT person isn't like a cop, you see one you are going to be scared and nervous wondering why he is here since they deal with bigger cases).
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

How'd he get in the theater with a rifle?Those aren't small.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    UPDATE: Turns out it was twelve people that died, not fourteen. Sorry for the confusion, if there was any.

They've released the guy's identity now.

Colorado shooting suspect studied hard, 'really smart,' friend says - latimes.com
    Now I'm curious on what triggered this behavior to a someone that those who knew him as being a nice guy.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    UPDATE: Turns out it was twelve people that died, not fourteen. Sorry for the confusion, if there was any.

Colorado shooting suspect studied hard, 'really smart,' friend says - latimes.com
    Now I'm curious on what triggered this behavior to a someone that those who knew him as being a nice guy.
    Screwed up family life, or maybe too much stress.

Your Darkest Nightmare Locked In My Asylum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Locked In My Asylum on Tumblr Visit Locked In My Asylum's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post

Screwed up family life, or maybe too much stress.
    I may have the answer for that question, and it may not be a good one.

Man calling himself Joker kills 12, injures 59 at Batman screening in Aurora, Colorado, authorities say - U.S. News
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan

Blog Entries

If Criminal Minds in particular, and other crime shows have taught me anything, is that anyone could be consumed by darkness, screwed up life, spiral downhill. Even if people see them as a nice guy, it doesn't always mean they are nice, could be a cover up or a nice guy that snapped. I always said darkness is inside everyone, the ability to be good or evil, to snap and be driven off the edge is there, and some people just end up being consumed by it, which is really sad.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't believe that guy can call himself JOKER. At first sight that man's face is a nice guy. But in the inside, he's a mad man. Can believe that his house has explosives too.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by コジロウ View Post
    I can't believe that guy can call himself JOKER. At first sight that man's face is a nice guy. But in the inside, he's a mad man. Can believe that his house has explosives too.
    I'd say it's a fairly accurate name given the character. Of course, some people are using another Batman comic to describe things.

But of all the bits of this horrible event that are coming out, this one still amazes me the most.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by コジロウ View Post
    I'd say it's a fairly accurate name given the character. Of course, some people are using another Batman comic to describe things.

But of all the bits of this horrible event that are coming out, this one still amazes me the most.
    I do agree with you, I also I heard that a young lady (who is the aforementioned sports reporter) who survived the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting passed away in this shooting with a blow to the thigh and head.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It's also possible he could have developed a brain abnormality, as was the case for Charles Whitman when he shot people sniper style at the University of Texas in Austin in 1966. If this is true, it's a case of almost cosmic irony as that is the very field he was studying in school.

The guns he obtained were all bought legally. I do wonder if the magazine he was using was legal, however. Drum magazines of that kind (100 rounds) are excessive for any civilian, and this is coming from an avid defender of the 2nd amendment and an owner of a number of rifles, pistols, shotguns and .22s.

The AR-15 is a gun that has very few restrictions on ownership within the United States, which makes sense considering it is a U.S. manufactured rifle. It is a variant of the M16 rifle, which along with the M4 Carbine (itself a variant) is the main battle rifle of the United States Armed Forces, and is thus very common and very popular with civilians. Likely because it is a U.S. manufactured weapon, the AR-15 is pretty simple to find in the United States and holds no federal restriction. Even during the days of the Federal Assault Weapons ban, it was still largely unrestricted with only a few of its features being held up.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now they're saying that there's an accomplice, his roommate who left the apartment two hours before everything went down, and may have called Holmes on his phone. Some think that he may have actually been at the theater as well.

He apparently also called and threatened the police unless Holmes was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post

Now they're saying that there's an accomplice, his roommate who left the apartment two hours before everything went down, and may have called Holmes on his phone. Some think that he may have actually been at the theater as well.

He apparently also called and threatened the police unless Holmes was released.
    I heard about that too. But, what does your picture have to do with this?? Is that the suspect who may have let him in the theater? As far as I have read, that accomplice-person hasn't been named.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's who people are saying it is, as his information matches up with what we know.

EDIT:
    The news actually showed part of his FB, but had it blurred out...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast