14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Your Darkest Nightmare Locked In My Asylum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Locked In My Asylum on Tumblr Visit Locked In My Asylum's Youtube Channel

Default 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

Oates said there was no evidence of a second gunman.
    Source - CNN

This is just messed up. I feel so much sorrow for the families that were affected by this madman.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan

Blog Entries

Default Re: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Oh gosh, that's just horrible. Even if it was just a few people it would be a horrible crime, 14 is just so appalling. Take into account the huge amount of injuries.....ick...stuff like this honestly makes me a little nervous to go out in public, knowing this could potentially happen....psychopaths like that are terrifying.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: 14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

That's really just so unexpected. You'd never think such an incident would occur in the middle of a film, so it makes sense that it caught so many off guard and resulted in such a large number of casualties. My deepest sympathies go out to those affected by this.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm following this live on the TV here in Denmark, and they just said that a lot of people have talked about that a 3-month-old child possibly also got shot, as well a 9 year old girl in the back. To think, what was supposed to be a great enjoyment for fans, friends and families alike, became a nightmare.

My thoughts goes to the victims and their friends and families of this horrible crime this madman has done.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

This kind of occurence is just bone-chilling and saddening to even think about. How could someone just walk into a theater, a place where people should be able to enjoy themselves, and perpetrate such senseless violence? There's no getting around it; what he did was completely and totally wrong.

May the innocent dead rest easy, may the injured enjoy a quick recovery, and may this psychopath see absolutely no mercy for the crime he committed.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Witnesses speaking to the local KOA radio station said the gunman was wearing a gas mask and had released a smoke or teargas bomb before the shooting started. One witness described to CNN a "guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people".
    This is beyond harrowing and a really horrifying thought considering how safe the place seemed. My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this, both directly and indirectly.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I consider a theater to be a pretty unsafe place...like, it's probably the most horrible place to be in a shootout. Dark, hard to reach the exit since you have to climb over seats...I literally have a fear of this happening every time I watch a movie, no lie, and to see it happen greatly disturbs me.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

This is just horrid, and those injured could still die if they have bad enough injuries. My sentiments go out to the families who were there. I hope they can recover, and I hope that guy gets whats coming to him.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Notice how they were watching the new Batman film, which contain gun fights. The gunman could be mentally illed and trying to imitate the experience from the Nolan movies, resulting in 14 deaths and 50 wounded civilians. At least he didn't plan on bombing the place like what happened in the films.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Notice how they were watching the new Batman film, which contain gun fights. The gunman could be mentally illed and trying to imitate the experience from the Nolan movies, resulting in 14 deaths and 50 wounded civilians. At least he didn't plan on bombing the place like what happened in the films.
    I hate to say this, but when I first heard about it (and the gas-mask wearing shooter) I definitely wondered that too. :/
    Considering how widespread and popular the movie is, it doesn't seem that crazy that someone out there agrees with the Joker/Bane and are messed up enough to copy them.

Of course, in all likelihood, the person simply chose the location because he knew it'd be a crowded locale and wanted to cause as much damage. I've heard unconfirmed reports of this being political as well...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    They're checking his apartment for explosives, so there's a chance he might have.

This is horrible. I hope they fathom the motivation behind the attack and stop anyone connected from doing further harm if there are any.

This isn't right. I wish the families of those killed and injured all the best.

Blog Entries

May those affected find peace.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

This is horrifying. Im sorry for all the families that lost someone due to this madman, and I hope those injured are ok. Im afraid to go out in public now

Your Darkest Nightmare Locked In My Asylum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Locked In My Asylum on Tumblr Visit Locked In My Asylum's Youtube Channel

UPDATE: Turns out it was twelve people that died, not fourteen. Sorry for the confusion, if there was any.

They've released the guy's identity now.

Colorado shooting suspect studied hard, 'really smart,' friend says - latimes.com
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast