Mafia: YGO:TAS-The Last Nyeah(7/22/12)-Day 3 - Page 12

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 983
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: YGO:TAS-The Last Nyeah(7/22/12)-Day 3

  1. #166
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    I'm done being called condescending just because you all are voting all over the place without any rhyme or reason.
    It's not that giving a different opinion is enough to be condescending. It's that while you are doing so, you've used patronizing language, accusing us of wanting to be "spoon-fed," of being "irrational," and your "*headdesks*" thing just comes across as you thinking that we're complete fools.

    That's what's condescending.
    She hasn't played in a long time. Back when she played, everything was either rooted in logic or strategy. Back then, players didn't have a lot of the problems we have now.
    I can understand that she hasn't played in a while, but I have no intention of letting one player change everyone else's perfectly fine way of playing Day 1. We've been fine doing it this way for a while, so why change now.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  2. #167
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    But there is some logic behind our actions. When we vote for somebody, even on day one, we can gauge their reaction. Do they seem overly defensive, are they taking it in stride as a joke?
    Yes, because voting for someone for no reason and without any logic at all is obviously a joke. I'm sure all the people that someone's random number generator landed on and told them to vote for simply can't hold their sides in from laughter. Trust me, the only ones who are laughing now are the mafiosi.

    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    We've been fine doing it this way for a while, so why change now.
    >.> There is so much wrong with that line of logic, but in the interest of not getting myself banned for fighting, I'm just going to get myself some damned ice cream and hope that the sugar will make me more amenable to this chaotic mess of a game.
    Feralize and Ryuutakeshi like this.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  3. #168
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    I wasn't aware my logic was so awful. And ice cream sounds good right now.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  4. #169
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    But there is some logic behind our actions. When we vote for somebody, even on day one, we can gauge their reaction. Do they seem overly defensive, are they taking it in stride as a joke?
    Yes, because voting for someone for no reason and without any logic at all is obviously a joke. I'm sure all the people that someone's random number generator landed on and told them to vote for simply can't hold their sides in from laughter. Trust me, the only ones who are laughing now are the mafiosi.
    Actually, I bet even the mafioso are feeling a bit offended by this.

    And there's the condescending again. Saying that our playstyle is "obviously a joke" definitely qualifies as rude to me. You wouldn't admit it even if you understood the logic behind our votes, so let's just stop this now before any of us get any more pissed off.

  5. #170
    Registered User DrumBeats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    83
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Feliciano, be happy you didn't join Star Trek Mafia in the beginning xD

    And guys, let's all remember it's just a game. While felicianos speech and head desking may have came across as condescending to you, its just due to frustration trying to get her point across. It is very frustrating to do when multiple people start opposing you and your point. Trust me, the more you criticize it, the more frustrating it is.

    Let's get back to playing the game instead of personally accusing people please.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

    Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

    Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

  6. #171
    Mr. F's Bulbawife Hitomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    930
    Blog Entries
    16

    Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1



    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    But the thing is, doing nothing day 1 isn't going to help the town. It'll help the mafia, but not the town.
    Doing nothing hurts the town in the same way randomly lynching someone for no reason whatsoever hurts the town.

    Heck, even if we vote a townie out, it'll get us somewhere and help us a little later on. Doing nothing now gives the mafia more of an advantage, which we don't want to do obviously.
    So it's okay if we lynch the cop, the doctor, a town-allied bus driver just because it gives us... information? With the massive love for bandwagons around here lately, analyzing voting patterns does jack squat most of the time because one of the eight people on the bandwagon could be mafia, or two or even three, but what are you going to do if you just bandwagoned a power role like the cop? Check all eight people with other power roles who are afraid to tell anyone their roles for fear of being killed next, by which point the mafia is systematically killing off the rest of the town? Pick someone arbitrarily to collect claims?

    So I don't agree with "if it ain't broke don't fix it" because we're trying to get better at logical reasoning, not stay the same.

    I'm not voting because clearly everyone just needs to sleep this off and come back tomorrow when we're all civilized human beings again.
    Feliciano and Feralize like this.

  7. #172
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post


    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    But the thing is, doing nothing day 1 isn't going to help the town. It'll help the mafia, but not the town.
    Doing nothing hurts the town in the same way randomly lynching someone for no reason whatsoever hurts the town.

    Heck, even if we vote a townie out, it'll get us somewhere and help us a little later on. Doing nothing now gives the mafia more of an advantage, which we don't want to do obviously.
    So it's okay if we lynch the cop, the doctor, a town-allied bus driver just because it gives us... information? With the massive love for bandwagons around here lately, analyzing voting patterns does jack squat most of the time because one of the eight people on the bandwagon could be mafia, or two or even three, but what are you going to do if you just bandwagoned a power role like the cop? Check all eight people with other power roles who are afraid to tell anyone their roles for fear of being killed next, by which point the mafia is systematically killing off the rest of the town? Pick someone arbitrarily to collect claims?

    So I don't agree with "if it ain't broke don't fix it" because we're trying to get better at logical reasoning, not stay the same.

    I'm not voting because clearly everyone just needs to sleep this off and come back tomorrow when we're all civilized human beings again.
    Um... I was just trying to get my point across that not voting or doing anything day 1 will get us nowhere.... Since nothing could be found out.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  8. #173
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    If a bandwagon happened on a cop, then I'd hope that he/she would be able to properly defend their self. On day one, I'm pretty sure that somebody would be able to persuade people to not vote them if they were a cop.

  9. #174
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    *refrains from posting link to Layton*

    They should. xD Same with any other power role.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

  10. #175
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    If a bandwagon happened on a cop, then I'd hope that he/she would be able to properly defend their self. On day one, I'm pretty sure that somebody would be able to persuade people to not vote them if they were a cop.
    1: Roles are randomly assigned, so since there are players of differing skill levels someone who might not be as adequate a player could still have a power role (case in point: Avatar: The Last Airbender mafia. I was the cop. I was lynched something like Day 2 or 3 because I couldn't properly use my role because I was a noob at mafias).

    2: People's IRL schedules can and do prevent them from being available to defend themselves, especially if they've been bandwagoned (even if they do show up to defend themselves, it might be too close to the phase change to make any difference).

    3: So what are they supposed to do, claim the cop in the thread and hope the entire town believes them? Even if they claim a power role and the town believes them, they're effectively stripping naked, painting a bright red target on their chest, and dancing around like a monkey in front of the mafia screaming "kill me, kill me!"
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  11. #176
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    @Feliciano

    And all of those things could still happen at any point in the game. That's always a risk. But sometimes risks are part part of the game.

    And if they say that they're a power role, then it's the doctor's job to protect them.

  12. #177
    Mr. F's Bulbawife Hitomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    930
    Blog Entries
    16

    Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    If a bandwagon happened on a cop, then I'd hope that he/she would be able to properly defend their self. On day one, I'm pretty sure that somebody would be able to persuade people to not vote them if they were a cop.
    And then they would be promptly killed by the mafia. If the mafia had a doctor-bypassing role and someone claimed cop, you can bet they'd use it. inb4 "thanks for giving the mafia ideas, hitomi"

    Either that or a mafioso could claim cop in-thread day 1 under duress and would not likely be counterclaimed by the real cop fearing they would be killed instantly that night.

  13. #178
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    And if they say that they're a power role, then it's the doctor's job to protect them.
    Which means that the doctor can never protect anyone else in the game (including themselves) because the mafia will just try to kill the cop again the next night, and the night after, and so on and so on until they finally can. And once the doctor's dead, guess who has no protection anymore?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  14. #179
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    I just have to say this now; I don't think anyone had a problem with voting day 1 until someone brought it up.

    In any mafia I've been in, everyone patronized me for voting "No lynch", so I stopped doing it and learned that it was best to vote day 1.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  15. #180
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: YGO:TAS- Let The Game Begin!(7/18/12)-Day 1

    But that's the thing, these are risks that are just inherent to the game. These scenarios could happen at any point.

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •