Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 7

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

Well, unless a majority is reached, you won't be. And I still find Sputnik a far better target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan
    while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
    And I find this strange. Wouldn't we want to be eliminating mafia? Even if we'd have no vote-based leads after the fact, I don't see why it'd be wise to put off killing a mafioso. I don't know if Sputnik is or isn't mafia, but if she seems most suspicious right now (as she does to me), then that seems like a better chance to take, rather than try to set up things for a later day phase that may not even pan out. If Rio ended up being town, we'd be in the exact same boat anyhow, so I'm going to just...

VOTE: Sputnik

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Speaking of “joke” posts…

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    Guys, don't forget that there's a werewolf on the loose! XD
    No seriously, we're all screwed.
    Hmm...do you have any more to contribute besides this? Posts like this tell us nothing except you’re afraid of the werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I realize we don't have a lot to go on right now, but I would prefer not to pursue gut-feelings at this point.

As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.
    I’m sorry but this reasoning does not sit well with me. A lynch gives us more information because we can at least see who voted for who.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED

The noon sun presides over the discussion. It leers over the town, judging harshly, interrogating all into a fierce sweat. There is no relief; for forty-eight hours, the sun does not cede its position.The discussion becomes just as still.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre,
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer,...

The sun vanishes.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

The assembled villagers flee. There was not time to burn a witch.

Caught by circumstance, you are trampled by the mob, knocked unconscious. When you awake, the world is night. All are in hiding; you are alone.

What will you do now?

It is now Night 1. The thread is locked and whatever actions there are may be sent via Quicktopic. Night 1 ends in 24 hours on November 14th at 10 PM EST.

Blog Entries

You walk through the village with purpose: you have something to do. You hurry, intending to complete the task before sunrise. But the night drags on.

While wandering, you notice @FinalArcadia;. You make contact for a brief moment:

Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence. -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Then, a burst! The sun reappears in the center of the sky, almost boastfully. And, at that exact moment, FinalArcadia vanishes. What happened?

FinalArcadia is no longer in the game.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to vote. It takes 11 votes to lynch. The phase ends on November 16th at 10 PM EST.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 2 - 11/14/12

Well... I don't have much, but FinalArcadia was nightkilled and she was pretty honed in on Sputnik the whole time she was playing.

@Sputnik That worked out rather well for you, don't you think?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, I can...honestly say I wasn't expecting that. I don't know; even with FA's post up there, it's... Eh. I'm likely being stupid.

Though isn't it possible that the mafia purposefully let a nightkill attempt be wasted to get the doctor or cop? It's horridly WIFOM whether they did or not and there's no real evidence to either happening (except against it happening with FA's coincidental death), but I think that it's somewhat important that I point that out.

Although, truthfully, I feel that it's more likely that FA was the chosen nightkill; it just works all too well, even with how it's rubbing me the wrong way for some reason. so why mention it, Aku. :I

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Okay, finalarcadia died, to be honest that is kinda what I wanted after she tied up the votes. Problem is now no one knows her alliance. Except maybe the mafia, if it was the mafia that killed her.

Then again, it can also be the executioner killed her for tying up the votes, while the mafia attacked someone who was protected (or the werewolf). I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.

Anyway, what do we do now?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.
    Do you mean Rio? But even then, I didn't see her vote on Sputnik as a defense of Rio more than just plain thinking Sputnik was more suspicious than Rio. There's also how her tying up the votes meant nothing; we need a majority of the players to vote for one person to lynch, not just a majority of those who chose to vote voting for the lynchee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.
    Do you mean Rio? But even then, I didn't see her vote on Sputnik as a defense of Rio more than just plain thinking Sputnik was more suspicious than Rio. There's also how her tying up the votes meant nothing; we need a majority of the players to vote for one person to lynch, not just a majority of those who chose to vote voting for the lynchee.
    Sigh, no I do not mean Rio.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

How did FA defend Sputnik in any way, though? ^^;

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Okay, finalarcadia died, to be honest that is kinda what I wanted after she tied up the votes. Problem is now no one knows her alliance. Except maybe the mafia, if it was the mafia that killed her.

Then again, it can also be the executioner killed her for tying up the votes, while the mafia attacked someone who was protected (or the werewolf). I actually think this option is the more likely one, since I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.

Anyway, what do we do now?
    Uh, the mechanics state we need a majority of the players alive to vote a person for them to be lynched, so you can hardly say FA tying the votes was a scummy thing to do ._.

There are too many options to bother with trying to work this out: it could've been that the mafia targeted the Idiot with a piercing kill, and FA was the sacrifice. It could have been that the Werewolf correctly guessed Night 1 (unlikely, yes) and the mafia's kill was blocked. This game is designed so that if you hang too long on the nightkills, you'll run out of time quickly enough. We need to just assume the mafia nightkill happened, and figure everything out later in the game when we've actually got something to work with regarding the deaths.

Anyway, Mijz, your post is basically attempting to justify FA's death because of one thing she did which isn't even scummy. It's a bit far-fetched to say that the mafia targeting the Werewolf is "more likely" - I know everyone non-mafia has a 1/17 chance of being hit by the mafia, but if you think about it in basic terms of "what would cause a kill and what wouldn't", then it was a 2/17 chance the mafia don't kill (Werewolf and Bulletproof), and a 15/17 chance they do, ignoring the doctor.

The problem with your executioner theory is also assuming that the executioner made the same mistake in you, in that they thought the tying of the votes was scummy.

FA also did not defend Sputnik - quite the contrary, she voted Sputnik.

Vote: Mijzelffan
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I have to go with KidBeano on this one. His points are exactly what I was thinking... FA didn't do anything scummy like he's making it out to be. That, and the fact that before he was acting as though sacrifcing townies was more important than voting out a mafioso.

VOTE: Mijzelffan.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

My waifu died... ALREADY!!?!?!? </3

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Vote: Rio Kamishiro

Always mafia. XD
    Always sounding crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    It's a coin flip. XD You've been mafia half the time. XDD
    Yes. With that logic, then we should always vote for Rio Kamishiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita View Post
    guys, remember that roles will not be revealed upon death. if you're planning to just randomly vote; this might not be the type of game you want to play. I'll go ahead and Vote: Spunik because her vote was a joke and I don't like jokers.
    ... I honestly don't think she was joking O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Anyway, @Aelita "doesn't like jokers." Why? Too hard for you and your scum-buddies to get a read on them?
    This is poor reasoning and false accusation. Especially in a game where we don't even know alignment or role of the person that died. It's very hard to get readings on any roles or alignments right at the beginning, and this game is not for joking around like that.
    Usually, I'm up for a laugh or two, but with a game this serious it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Okay, I will start this game with some light math then. Since we have 22 players and 5 mafia, that means we get 6 mislynches. Also, in addition to the five mafia players there are 2 serial killers, making the ratio of people who it would be beneficial to lynch to innocents 7:22, or just slightly less than a 1/3 chance that the lynch will be beneficial. That's not the best odds, but definitely not the worst.

Howevskies, we were given a few advantages when it comes to night kills. Not only do we have a doctor, but we also have a bulletproof, a guardian angel, a bomb, a survivor, and although the wolf is not aligned with the town, attempting to night kill him or her will result in a wasted night kill for the mafia. Therefore, I believe we may end up getting more than 6 mislynches.

Basically my purpose for making this post is to point out that whether you should lynch or not on day one is not a definite thing, and it depends highly on the cirumustances of the game. In the case of this game, I think we should try to lynch on day 1. Anyone have any opposing logicombat?
    i do

Why did you make an entire post stating the obvious? Enforcing lynches is usually a Mafia thing btw.

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I am literally ending this discussion here, because I just cannot see how you can willingly support joking in a mafia game.
    And here I thought you were figuratively ending it.
    And here I thought my point was clear, but obviously not.

Like it or not, that joke vote everyone is having a fit over facilitated a substantial discussion - and since you find jokes, "scummy," it sounds like you got a read out of it, as well. And dismissing someone's play-style as, "irrelevant and clogging up the game?" They may be fishing for reactions, yours was predictable, of course, but they may have learned something from someone else's.

Don't dismiss someone's play-style just because it's harder for you to get reads from it, we aren't going to all adopt your style just to help you.

@TheMissingno. So... the purpose of that whole post was to point out that it might be better to lynch, but maybe not?
    I personally find them scummy, but apparently the entirety of BMGf doesn't agree and I get suspected whenever I say they are. The problem I have is that because BMGf don't find them scummy, they do it willy-nilly, and that makes scumhunting harder (not just for me, for everyone).
    It makes me more interested in the game and make me scumhunt like mad but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei! View Post
    Both "teams" argue like Mafia. Just saying.
    Could you please enlighten us as to how?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    At the moment, the one thing I have to say is that Sputnik's vote on Rio Kamishiro just seems incredibly reckless.

It's not as though we didn't have plenty of time after the phase started to wait and consider a vote for a reason other than the fact that Rio has been mafia in about a third of all games she has played.

In a normal game, that might be acceptable (now, I'm not condoning or not condoning joke votes, that's not my issue here), but when the stakes feel higher here, that rubs me the wrong way. So honestly, I would be willing to throw a vote her way. Because a simple FoS to start discussion would've sufficed rather than a vote right off the bat.
    *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    I don't get it. Why am I the sacrifice to gain information?
    The game needs to progress, but I agree on how it's silly to use lynches for information when we have nothing to base it on. That's my problem with Day 1 lynches in general.

Blog Entries

Oh boy this again. Inactivity is so much the norm that activity is automatically deviant and therefore suspicious. Well excuse me for trying to come up with some theories. I don't see anyone else doing it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Oh boy this again. Inactivity is so much the norm that activity is automatically deviant and therefore suspicious. Well excuse me for trying to come up with some theories. I don't see anyone else doing it.
    Where did Pichuboy say that you were scummy for trying to figure out what could've happened? While it is fairly useless and distracting, that wasn't really a large factor in argument against you, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano
    then it was a 2/17 chance the mafia don't kill (Werewolf and Bulletproof)
    3/17; there's a 1x deathproof, too, iirc?

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast