Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

Allright, we have two options. We can lynch (most likely at random), or we can no lynch. While you would think no lynch is the better option in this scenario, it is not. If we lynch, the mortician will be able to see what happened. If we don't lynch, the executioner is going to kill someone* and we will never find out anything about whoever he kills.

*look at the player list, as meta as this sounds, I think most people on there actually would kill someone at random with this role.

Of course this brings me to the third option, which is hoping that the executioner reads this and doesn't execute anyone should we decide on a no lynch, which we can also try.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Allright, we have two options. We can lynch (most likely at random), or we can no lynch. While you would think no lynch is the better option in this scenario, it is not. If we lynch, the mortician will be able to see what happened. If we don't lynch, the executioner is going to kill someone* and we will never find out anything about whoever he kills.

*look at the player list, as meta as this sounds, I think most people on there actually would kill someone at random with this role.

Of course this brings me to the third option, which is hoping that the executioner reads this and doesn't execute anyone should we decide on a no lynch, which we can also try.
    Yeah, I really prefer us deciding together over the executioner deciding alone.
    That's nice.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm glad I got into this game, I'm a big fan of burning witches. Now then, before I get started I have one question.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    You see Phoenicks shouting "We finally got one!" You edge closer to find out who. There, tied to a stake:

"It's not me!" Light Bringer cries. "I didn't kill Feralize; he did!" She points at you.
    How did Light Bringer point if she was tied up?
    She's a witch.
    Hitomi and HumanDawn like this.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post

Yeah, I really prefer us deciding together over the executioner deciding alone.
    I agree on these previous statments. In this game, the stakes are higher. It'd be far better for us to decide as a collective instead of leaving one person do the killing for us. We still have the witches and the werewolf to worry about.

fos on Sputnik, since that vote was right out the bat. I agree with final on this one, it just feels wrong.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

I realize we don't have a lot to go on right now, but I would prefer not to pursue gut-feelings at this point.

As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.
    That makes no sense, even if a mafia was to influence our lynch the forensic guy will at least know about it and might shape up their suspicions, while if we let the executioner do it we will know absolutely nothing. The lynch is still better in this scenario.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I actually agree with Mijz; with the Executioner, the informant will never know what the role of the dead person is, whereas if we lynch someone, the informant at least will know if that person is town or mafia. That would be helpful if the informant manages to survive for a while. More useful, I think, than if we let one person arbitrarily make a kill for us.

But as it stands, it seems we're not going to be able to draw up a majority on any one person this phase, unfortunately, so that very well might be the scenario.

Blog Entries

Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

vote: Rio Kamishiro

If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.

Blog Entries

My spin on this is that Sputnik probably isn't Mafia because meta.

Either way, I completely agree that a lynch would be better for the town than an executioner kill. However we're all assuming that the executioner is going to kill someone no matter what. He doesn't have to, you know.

Well. Vote to come later after more discussion.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
    I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post

I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.
    I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post

I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.
    There's that, and also the possible fact that I'm not mafia and technically you'd be lynching a townie and get little to no info.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

How exactly would the Mortician get their info about the lynchee to us without painting a big ass bullseye on their forehead?

Blog Entries

Well... The mortican could post the information in-thread after they have quite a few votes on them and if they're going to be lynched very soon... That scenario isn't desired, though...

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I don't get it. Why am I the sacrifice to gain information?

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast