Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 6

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 442
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

  1. #76
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Allright, we have two options. We can lynch (most likely at random), or we can no lynch. While you would think no lynch is the better option in this scenario, it is not. If we lynch, the mortician will be able to see what happened. If we don't lynch, the executioner is going to kill someone* and we will never find out anything about whoever he kills.

    *look at the player list, as meta as this sounds, I think most people on there actually would kill someone at random with this role.


    Of course this brings me to the third option, which is hoping that the executioner reads this and doesn't execute anyone should we decide on a no lynch, which we can also try.


  2. #77
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Allright, we have two options. We can lynch (most likely at random), or we can no lynch. While you would think no lynch is the better option in this scenario, it is not. If we lynch, the mortician will be able to see what happened. If we don't lynch, the executioner is going to kill someone* and we will never find out anything about whoever he kills.

    *look at the player list, as meta as this sounds, I think most people on there actually would kill someone at random with this role.


    Of course this brings me to the third option, which is hoping that the executioner reads this and doesn't execute anyone should we decide on a no lynch, which we can also try.
    Yeah, I really prefer us deciding together over the executioner deciding alone.
    That's nice.

  3. #78
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I'm glad I got into this game, I'm a big fan of burning witches. Now then, before I get started I have one question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    You see Phoenicks shouting "We finally got one!" You edge closer to find out who. There, tied to a stake:

    "It's not me!" Light Bringer cries. "I didn't kill Feralize; he did!" She points at you.
    How did Light Bringer point if she was tied up?
    She's a witch.
    Hitomi and HumanDawn like this.

  4. #79
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Allright, we have two options. We can lynch (most likely at random), or we can no lynch. While you would think no lynch is the better option in this scenario, it is not. If we lynch, the mortician will be able to see what happened. If we don't lynch, the executioner is going to kill someone* and we will never find out anything about whoever he kills.

    *look at the player list, as meta as this sounds, I think most people on there actually would kill someone at random with this role.


    Of course this brings me to the third option, which is hoping that the executioner reads this and doesn't execute anyone should we decide on a no lynch, which we can also try.
    Yeah, I really prefer us deciding together over the executioner deciding alone.
    I agree on these previous statments. In this game, the stakes are higher. It'd be far better for us to decide as a collective instead of leaving one person do the killing for us. We still have the witches and the werewolf to worry about.

    fos on Sputnik, since that vote was right out the bat. I agree with final on this one, it just feels wrong.

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  5. #80
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,017
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    I realize we don't have a lot to go on right now, but I would prefer not to pursue gut-feelings at this point.

    As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  6. #81
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    As for the whole Executioner scenario, I agree it would be best to lynch rather than leave it to them, but let's not forget there is one benefit to letting the Executioner decide the kill: We'll know the target was chosen by a Townie. It's not much, but when we lynch we're susceptible to mafia influence, the Executioner's kill isn't - so it wouldn't be a TOTAL loss.
    That makes no sense, even if a mafia was to influence our lynch the forensic guy will at least know about it and might shape up their suspicions, while if we let the executioner do it we will know absolutely nothing. The lynch is still better in this scenario.


  7. #82
    Mr. F's Bulbawife Hitomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    930
    Blog Entries
    16

    Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    I actually agree with Mijz; with the Executioner, the informant will never know what the role of the dead person is, whereas if we lynch someone, the informant at least will know if that person is town or mafia. That would be helpful if the informant manages to survive for a while. More useful, I think, than if we let one person arbitrarily make a kill for us.

    But as it stands, it seems we're not going to be able to draw up a majority on any one person this phase, unfortunately, so that very well might be the scenario.

  8. #83
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

    vote: Rio Kamishiro

    If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.


  9. #84
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,951
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    My spin on this is that Sputnik probably isn't Mafia because meta.

    Either way, I completely agree that a lynch would be better for the town than an executioner kill. However we're all assuming that the executioner is going to kill someone no matter what. He doesn't have to, you know.

    Well. Vote to come later after more discussion.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  10. #85
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

    vote: Rio Kamishiro

    If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
    I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  11. #86
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

    vote: Rio Kamishiro

    If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
    I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.
    I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.


  12. #87
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Okay that's enough feedback to show the general consensus seems to be not to let this up to the executioner. In which case:

    vote: Rio Kamishiro

    If she's mafia then Sourcandy has more chance to be mafia (for tying the vote for her rather quickly), while if sputnik is mafia we're out of vote-based leads. Therefore I think that out of the two lynches available this one is the best choice.
    I'm not going to panic over a mere two votes, but I am a tad confused on something... are you implying that even if Sputnik is mafia we shouldn't vote her? Why is that? Unless I'm just misreading your post.
    I have no idea who is mafia and who isn't. I'm saying that if you are mafia, sourcandy also has a fair chance of also being mafia. There is no such scenario with Sputnik. Therefore going for your lynch will potentially yield us two mafioso, while sputnik's lynch would only yield us one possible mafioso.
    There's that, and also the possible fact that I'm not mafia and technically you'd be lynching a townie and get little to no info.
    HumanDawn likes this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  13. #88
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    How exactly would the Mortician get their info about the lynchee to us without painting a big ass bullseye on their forehead?

  14. #89
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Well... The mortican could post the information in-thread after they have quite a few votes on them and if they're going to be lynched very soon... That scenario isn't desired, though...

  15. #90
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    I don't get it. Why am I the sacrifice to gain information?

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •