Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 5

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 442
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

  1. #61
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,017
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    @Phoenicks I would just like to point out that your flavor text was being read in my head by that guy who offers you all the hypothetical questions at the beginning of Morrowind to choose your Class.

    "...Now, what will you do?"

    *ahem*

    Anyway, @Aelita "doesn't like jokers." Why? Too hard for you and your scum-buddies to get a read on them?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  2. #62
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    It's a coin flip. XD You've been mafia half the time. XDD
    If you're going to assume that half = most likely, then Rio has also been town half of the time, so that must mean she's most likely town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Anyway, @Aelita "doesn't like jokers." Why? Too hard for you and your scum-buddies to get a read on them?
    Why would "scum-buddies" need a read on anyone? The only thing mafia are concerned about is finding the power roles - they don't need to get a town/mafia read since they already know the who's mafia and who isn't. And I will reiterate the point I've made many times before in previous games: MAFIA IS NOT FOR JOKING, and as Aelita said, ESPECIALLY not in this game. We won't have any relevant information straight away from lynches in this game, and the only kill information we'll get is who died.

    Joking is, at most, scummy. It is not pro-town in any way, shape or form, because it's irrelevant and clogs up the game. So, why you would even WANT to joke is beyond me. If you're not having fun from playing the actual game, then that doesn't mean you need to start ruining it for others to have fun.

    I am literally ending this discussion here, because I just cannot see how you can willingly support joking in a mafia game.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  3. #63
    Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bath, England
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    175

    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Anyway, @Aelita "doesn't like jokers." Why? Too hard for you and your scum-buddies to get a read on them?
    This is poor reasoning and false accusation. Especially in a game where we don't even know alignment or role of the person that died. It's very hard to get readings on any roles or alignments right at the beginning, and this game is not for joking around like that.

  4. #64
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    I'm glad I got into this game, I'm a big fan of burning witches. Now then, before I get started I have one question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    You see Phoenicks shouting "We finally got one!" You edge closer to find out who. There, tied to a stake:

    "It's not me!" Light Bringer cries. "I didn't kill Feralize; he did!" She points at you.
    How did Light Bringer point if she was tied up?



    Okay, I will start this game with some light math then. Since we have 22 players and 5 mafia, that means we get 6 mislynches. Also, in addition to the five mafia players there are 2 serial killers, making the ratio of people who it would be beneficial to lynch to innocents 7:22, or just slightly less than a 1/3 chance that the lynch will be beneficial. That's not the best odds, but definitely not the worst.

    Howevskies, we were given a few advantages when it comes to night kills. Not only do we have a doctor, but we also have a bulletproof, a guardian angel, a bomb, a survivor, and although the wolf is not aligned with the town, attempting to night kill him or her will result in a wasted night kill for the mafia. Therefore, I believe we may end up getting more than 6 mislynches.

    Basically my purpose for making this post is to point out that whether you should lynch or not on day one is not a definite thing, and it depends highly on the cirumustances of the game. In the case of this game, I think we should try to lynch on day 1. Anyone have any opposing logicombat?
    That's nice.

  5. #65
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,017
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I am literally ending this discussion here, because I just cannot see how you can willingly support joking in a mafia game.
    And here I thought you were figuratively ending it.

    Like it or not, that joke vote everyone is having a fit over facilitated a substantial discussion - and since you find jokes, "scummy," it sounds like you got a read out of it, as well. And dismissing someone's play-style as, "irrelevant and clogging up the game?" They may be fishing for reactions, yours was predictable, of course, but they may have learned something from someone else's.

    Don't dismiss someone's play-style just because it's harder for you to get reads from it, we aren't going to all adopt your style just to help you.

    @TheMissingno. So... the purpose of that whole post was to point out that it might be better to lynch, but maybe not?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  6. #66
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @TheMissingno. So... the purpose of that whole post was to point out that it might be better to lynch, but maybe not?
    The purpose of my post was to argue that it would better to lynch, as I said. Now are you going to use some logicombat or are you just going to keep intentionally misinterpreting my posts?
    That's nice.

  7. #67
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,017
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @TheMissingno. So... the purpose of that whole post was to point out that it might be better to lynch, but maybe not?
    The purpose of my post was to argue that it would better to lynch, as I said. Now are you going to use some logicombat or are you just going to keep intentionally misinterpreting my posts?
    We should definitely lynch. If the numbers end up playing against us later we can no lynch later, but if we no lynch now and find out we shouldn't have there's no undoing that (without no lynching again, which would be ill-advised).

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  8. #68
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Okay, I'm glad we agree. Now what needs to happen is more people need to start participating because this is a very large game and we need 12 votes for a majority.

    Don't be scared people, make some posts. It's just a game.
    That's nice.

  9. #69
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I am literally ending this discussion here, because I just cannot see how you can willingly support joking in a mafia game.
    And here I thought you were figuratively ending it.
    And here I thought my point was clear, but obviously not.

    Like it or not, that joke vote everyone is having a fit over facilitated a substantial discussion - and since you find jokes, "scummy," it sounds like you got a read out of it, as well. And dismissing someone's play-style as, "irrelevant and clogging up the game?" They may be fishing for reactions, yours was predictable, of course, but they may have learned something from someone else's.

    Don't dismiss someone's play-style just because it's harder for you to get reads from it, we aren't going to all adopt your style just to help you.

    @TheMissingno. So... the purpose of that whole post was to point out that it might be better to lynch, but maybe not?
    I personally find them scummy, but apparently the entirety of BMGf doesn't agree and I get suspected whenever I say they are. The problem I have is that because BMGf don't find them scummy, they do it willy-nilly, and that makes scumhunting harder (not just for me, for everyone).

    Don't pull the playstyle card unless you want to not have an ounce of credibility in this discussion. Joking is not a playstyle. Joke votes do not constitute reaction testing. Jokes. Have. No. Place. In. Mafia. You are contributing nothing to the game by saying "im voting u becus u lyk carrots!!1 XDDDDD".

    Anyway, by saying I'm reacting this way because I want reads is inherently implying that you think I'm town (because, as I already said, mafia don't give a hoot about towntells/scumtells, they only want PR slips). Why would you have reason to think that already?
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  10. #70
    Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bath, England
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    175

    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Surely the mafia could intentionally not participate in lynches, making there not be a majority and therefor there will always be no lynches, allowing more opportunities for night kills?

  11. #71
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Both "teams" argue like Mafia. Just saying.

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  12. #72
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Surely the mafia could intentionally not participate in lynches, making there not be a majority and therefor there will always be no lynches, allowing more opportunities for night kills?
    They could, but there are only 5 mafia and 22 players, so we can easily get a majority without them.
    That's nice.

  13. #73
    STEEEEEEEEL Kyouhei!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ブリスベン、オースト
    Posts
    146

    Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Guys, don't forget that there's a werewolf on the loose! XD
    No seriously, we're all screwed.

    This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

  14. #74
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    It's a coin flip. XD You've been mafia half the time. XDD
    Each RNG is an independent event (unless you can show that the RNG is flawed and not truly random or that there is an active effort by hosts to make Rio Kamishiro mafia). So a person's past RNG results have no bearing on the RNG result for this game. The RNG could make someone mafia 100 times in a row, but it doesn't make it anymore likely for them to be mafia on the 101st RNG. It could be that Rio Kamishiro is mafia. It could be that she is town. It could be that she is the Werewolf or the Puppet. But there is no way of knowing that based off of past RNG results.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Why would "scum-buddies" need a read on anyone? The only thing mafia are concerned about is finding the power roles - they don't need to get a town/mafia read since they already know the who's mafia and who isn't.
    I disagree. The mafia also want mislynches, so even though they already know who is mafia and who isn't, they want to know which non-mafia are acting scummier than others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Surely the mafia could intentionally not participate in lynches, making there not be a majority and therefor there will always be no lynches, allowing more opportunities for night kills?
    If there is a no lynch, the Executioner (town-aligned) gets to kill someone the following night. The mafia can exert some influence on a lynch, but they have no control over who the Executioner decides to kill. So unless the mafia kill off the Executioner (and the mafia would know they had because of the Bookkeeper), I don't think they want no lynches.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  15. #75
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,744
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

    At the moment, the one thing I have to say is that Sputnik's vote on Rio Kamishiro just seems incredibly reckless.

    It's not as though we didn't have plenty of time after the phase started to wait and consider a vote for a reason other than the fact that Rio has been mafia in about a third of all games she has played.

    In a normal game, that might be acceptable (now, I'm not condoning or not condoning joke votes, that's not my issue here), but when the stakes feel higher here, that rubs me the wrong way. So honestly, I would be willing to throw a vote her way. Because a simple FoS to start discussion would've sufficed rather than a vote right off the bat.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •