Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 29

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Blog Entries

Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

@Phoenicks There was a Graveyard? O.o Was I told of this?

I enjoyed this game, I thought the way the Werewolf role was implemented to discourage claims was a unique work-around to the mass-claim problem that Open Setups often face (and by far preferable to the quick-fix "no massclaim" rule).

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I wasn't mentioned ;_; ?

Even though I was a sub for a very short time, I learned a lot about the new roles here - thanks!!

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

It was pretty obvious from the start there was no way the town could win this. There was pretty much no way for the town to get information. Cop? Nope, if he were to share his information in the thread he'd be killed by the werewolf. Claiming? Nope, no outside communication and claiming in-thread means werewolf death. Lynching people and see who votes who? Nope, you never find out the allignment or role of who was lynched. Ask the Gallis to tell you who was lynched so you can work with that? Nope, claiming in thread means werewolf death. In private then? Nope, no outside communication.

Claiming = werewolf death + no outside communication + no role reveal upon death is what really made it impossible for the town to ever become anything the wiser. I am surprised the town even managed to get this far, especially with the town's bomb lovered to the werewolf. Guess the mafia's reckless self-sacrificing double kills might be to blame, though they got their earned win in the end anyway.

Blog Entries

^ A Town that can't win without claiming wouldn't have deserved to win anyway - I think you sell us short. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we couldn't.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

The whole point of this kind of the game is that the town's not SUPPOSED to get any the wiser. You're supposed to rely purely on scumhunting and instincts. It's all balanced, it's just balanced very harshly on all sides.

Also, a townie was Lovered with the Werewolf, huh? Who would have thought it? ;)

Thanks for hosting, Phoenicks and Light Bringer :)
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Is the werewolf considered to be independent or...?
    I'm assuming you mean for statistics purposes. I'd count the Werewolf as a third faction, especially given the role you played on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Phoenicks There was a Graveyard? O.o Was I told of this?
    Sorry -- Light Bringer and I both got busy near the end of the game and there was a breakdown in process on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I wasn't mentioned ;_; ?

Even though I was a sub for a very short time, I learned a lot about the new roles here - thanks!!
    Sorry -- this will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    It was pretty obvious from the start there was no way the town could win this. There was pretty much no way for the town to get information. Cop? Nope, if he were to share his information in the thread he'd be killed by the werewolf. Claiming? Nope, no outside communication and claiming in-thread means werewolf death. Lynching people and see who votes who? Nope, you never find out the allignment or role of who was lynched. Ask the Gallis to tell you who was lynched so you can work with that? Nope, claiming in thread means werewolf death. In private then? Nope, no outside communication.

Claiming = werewolf death + no outside communication + no role reveal upon death is what really made it impossible for the town to ever become anything the wiser. I am surprised the town even managed to get this far, especially with the town's bomb lovered to the werewolf. Guess the mafia's reckless self-sacrificing double kills might be to blame, though they got their earned win in the end anyway.
    I'm going to address the balance of the game in my final post, if you're willing to change your mind.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

So close. Ah well, can't win them all. Congrats mafia for a win well earned.

(And let's be honest here, there was a very slim chance that I was going to win, and by slim, I mean really slim),

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

^ A Town that can't win without claiming wouldn't have deserved to win anyway - I think you sell us short. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we couldn't.
    Did I say the town needed claiming to win? No I did not. As a matter of fact, if just one of the three factors I named would've been removed I'd think the town would've had a much better chance at succeeding. It's just that all three combined is what does the trick.

And I would have said the exact same thing if the town had won and would've blamed the town's victory on the fact the mafia sacrificied their own members for an extra kill like twice if it were to have happened. If this game were to be re-hosted I'd guarantee you the town wouldn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    The whole point of this kind of the game is that the town's not SUPPOSED to get any the wiser. You're supposed to rely purely on scumhunting and instincts. It's all balanced, it's just balanced very harshly on all sides.
    Seriously, how are you going to scumhunt if there's nothing to go by to scumhunt. Like any kind of real investigation you need some info to work with first, which the town didn't get. Also what do you mean by instincts? Just using psychic powers to guess who is mafia and who isn't? While technically that could work if you're lucky, it most certainly isn't scumhunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    I'm going to address the balance of the game in my final post, if you're willing to change your mind.
    Sure, let's hear it. Maybe there's something I overlooked.

Blog Entries

My first win! :D Or at least the first one I personally count as a win. I tend to die...

The game was brilliant, but then again I was in the group that knew kinda what was going on. Except for Sputnik being the bomb. That took us off guard and left me all alone. Can't wait for the Hosts's address though. That'll be interesting.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Thanks again for letting me play Phoenicks and Light Bringer! I had a lot of fun the short time I was alive.

Congratulations mafia :)

Blog Entries

@Mijzelffan; I take it you don't believe in Day 1 scumhunting? That's basically what we were doing the whole game.

Blog Entries

@Mijzelffan; I take it you don't believe in Day 1 scumhunting? That's basically what we were doing the whole game.
    If you mean like scumhunting based on post styles and stuff, I consider it the pseudo-science of mafia games, yes.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Yes! :D Good job Gliscorman! @Paperhorse; told you sacrificing was for the best. If you got in a final 3 with only one of you alive, Aelita would have potentially screwed you.

now i seriously ship @Buoy; and @Sputnik; <333

MoonLoversShipping <3333

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Yes! :D Good job Gliscorman! @Paperhorse; told you sacrificing was for the best. If you got in a final 3 with only one of you alive, Aelita would have potentially screwed you.

now i seriously ship @Buoy; and @Sputnik; <333

MoonLoversShipping <3333
    actually it's barbarossaweaselshipping tyvm

Blog Entries

I don't understand why people even ship Buoy and I. Sure, we mess with each-other, but we don't have any chemistry.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast