Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 29

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 442
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

  1. #421
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    @Phoenicks There was a Graveyard? O.o Was I told of this?

    I enjoyed this game, I thought the way the Werewolf role was implemented to discourage claims was a unique work-around to the mass-claim problem that Open Setups often face (and by far preferable to the quick-fix "no massclaim" rule).

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  2. #422
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    I wasn't mentioned ;_; ?

    Even though I was a sub for a very short time, I learned a lot about the new roles here - thanks!!

  3. #423
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    It was pretty obvious from the start there was no way the town could win this. There was pretty much no way for the town to get information. Cop? Nope, if he were to share his information in the thread he'd be killed by the werewolf. Claiming? Nope, no outside communication and claiming in-thread means werewolf death. Lynching people and see who votes who? Nope, you never find out the allignment or role of who was lynched. Ask the Gallis to tell you who was lynched so you can work with that? Nope, claiming in thread means werewolf death. In private then? Nope, no outside communication.

    Claiming = werewolf death + no outside communication + no role reveal upon death is what really made it impossible for the town to ever become anything the wiser. I am surprised the town even managed to get this far, especially with the town's bomb lovered to the werewolf. Guess the mafia's reckless self-sacrificing double kills might be to blame, though they got their earned win in the end anyway.


  4. #424
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    ^ A Town that can't win without claiming wouldn't have deserved to win anyway - I think you sell us short. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we couldn't.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  5. #425
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    The whole point of this kind of the game is that the town's not SUPPOSED to get any the wiser. You're supposed to rely purely on scumhunting and instincts. It's all balanced, it's just balanced very harshly on all sides.

    Also, a townie was Lovered with the Werewolf, huh? Who would have thought it? ;)

    Thanks for hosting, Phoenicks and Light Bringer :)
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  6. #426
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Is the werewolf considered to be independent or...?
    I'm assuming you mean for statistics purposes. I'd count the Werewolf as a third faction, especially given the role you played on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Phoenicks There was a Graveyard? O.o Was I told of this?
    Sorry -- Light Bringer and I both got busy near the end of the game and there was a breakdown in process on my part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I wasn't mentioned ;_; ?

    Even though I was a sub for a very short time, I learned a lot about the new roles here - thanks!!
    Sorry -- this will be fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    It was pretty obvious from the start there was no way the town could win this. There was pretty much no way for the town to get information. Cop? Nope, if he were to share his information in the thread he'd be killed by the werewolf. Claiming? Nope, no outside communication and claiming in-thread means werewolf death. Lynching people and see who votes who? Nope, you never find out the allignment or role of who was lynched. Ask the Gallis to tell you who was lynched so you can work with that? Nope, claiming in thread means werewolf death. In private then? Nope, no outside communication.

    Claiming = werewolf death + no outside communication + no role reveal upon death is what really made it impossible for the town to ever become anything the wiser. I am surprised the town even managed to get this far, especially with the town's bomb lovered to the werewolf. Guess the mafia's reckless self-sacrificing double kills might be to blame, though they got their earned win in the end anyway.
    I'm going to address the balance of the game in my final post, if you're willing to change your mind.

  7. #427
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    So close. Ah well, can't win them all. Congrats mafia for a win well earned.

    (And let's be honest here, there was a very slim chance that I was going to win, and by slim, I mean really slim),

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  8. #428
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    ^ A Town that can't win without claiming wouldn't have deserved to win anyway - I think you sell us short. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we couldn't.
    Did I say the town needed claiming to win? No I did not. As a matter of fact, if just one of the three factors I named would've been removed I'd think the town would've had a much better chance at succeeding. It's just that all three combined is what does the trick.

    And I would have said the exact same thing if the town had won and would've blamed the town's victory on the fact the mafia sacrificied their own members for an extra kill like twice if it were to have happened. If this game were to be re-hosted I'd guarantee you the town wouldn't win.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    The whole point of this kind of the game is that the town's not SUPPOSED to get any the wiser. You're supposed to rely purely on scumhunting and instincts. It's all balanced, it's just balanced very harshly on all sides.
    Seriously, how are you going to scumhunt if there's nothing to go by to scumhunt. Like any kind of real investigation you need some info to work with first, which the town didn't get. Also what do you mean by instincts? Just using psychic powers to guess who is mafia and who isn't? While technically that could work if you're lucky, it most certainly isn't scumhunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    I'm going to address the balance of the game in my final post, if you're willing to change your mind.
    Sure, let's hear it. Maybe there's something I overlooked.


  9. #429
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,951
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    My first win! :D Or at least the first one I personally count as a win. I tend to die...

    The game was brilliant, but then again I was in the group that knew kinda what was going on. Except for Sputnik being the bomb. That took us off guard and left me all alone. Can't wait for the Hosts's address though. That'll be interesting.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  10. #430
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Thanks again for letting me play Phoenicks and Light Bringer! I had a lot of fun the short time I was alive.

    Congratulations mafia :)

  11. #431
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,016
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    @Mijzelffan; I take it you don't believe in Day 1 scumhunting? That's basically what we were doing the whole game.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  12. #432
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Mijzelffan; I take it you don't believe in Day 1 scumhunting? That's basically what we were doing the whole game.
    If you mean like scumhunting based on post styles and stuff, I consider it the pseudo-science of mafia games, yes.


  13. #433
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Yes! :D Good job Gliscorman! @Paperhorse; told you sacrificing was for the best. If you got in a final 3 with only one of you alive, Aelita would have potentially screwed you.

    now i seriously ship @Buoy; and @Sputnik; <333

    MoonLoversShipping <3333

  14. #434
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Yes! :D Good job Gliscorman! @Paperhorse; told you sacrificing was for the best. If you got in a final 3 with only one of you alive, Aelita would have potentially screwed you.

    now i seriously ship @Buoy; and @Sputnik; <333

    MoonLoversShipping <3333
    actually it's barbarossaweaselshipping tyvm

  15. #435
    カジカ Zeems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,507
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

    I don't understand why people even ship Buoy and I. Sure, we mess with each-other, but we don't have any chemistry.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •