Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 15

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 3 - 11/18/12

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    So what? Unless she's the cop it's not like she's exactly more enlightened than the rest of us.
    It's better than nothing, though. The difference between the rest of us, however, is that the rest of us can't be trusted. She can be - we know she's not piling on someone for any detrimental reasons.

You're assuming the doctor is still alive. If they aren't then the mafia don't even need a piercing kill. Also good rebuttal, and while your claiming plan is good, there is really no reason for me to die for that. I'm pretty much cleared, as I've explained multiple times and multiple people have agreed with, meaning Rio is also pretty much cleared already. There is really no reason to kill me for your plan to be put in motion.
    True, but unless FA was the Doctor, they don't know if the Doctor's dead or not yet. So, it comes down to whether they'd risk it or not.

The point is though that it's not 100%. It's all well and good to say "Yeah, but I'm PRETTY MUCH clear" but 'pretty much' is all a non-town person needs. The people that have agreed, I'm going to be blunt, need a reality check on what "clear" means, because as long as there's that possibility that you're not town-aligned, even if it's small, you are not clear.

You're still not explaining WHY you don't want to be lynched when, from your point of view, it would give the town a 100% definite absolutely confirmed clear. At the moment, the only vibe you're giving is "I don't want to be lynched because I don't want to be lynched", but you being lynched will help the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    You're assuming the doctor is still alive. If they aren't then the mafia don't even need a piercing kill.
    Except for the Bulletproof... or did you forget about your own role?
    He was talking about Rio Kamishiro.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Lynching Mijz =/= a win/win situation, it's a win/sorta-kinda-i-guess-this-is-good-for-town. Yes, having a cleared innocent is never a bad thing, no one's denying that. But at the moment KidBeano is just placing way too much importance on it, and it's impossible for me to see your constant attempts to justify the lynch as particularly innocent behavior. Our priorities right now do not dictate a cleared innocent. Stop acting like we need one in order to push your agenda.

Refraining from voting right now but strong FoS on KidBeano.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

a) MIJZ IS NOT THE WEREWOLF. Why do you insist on saying that I'm saying Mijz is the WW? I'm not. I've not uncovered the WW and the Puppet it one go. Please, get a grasp on the situation.
    I meant to say wolf's puppet and puppet's lover, but thanks, I'm pretty sure I understand now that you believe Mijz is lovers with werewolf/puppet Rio, who shares Mijz's alignment. Or they could both be townies. But you know, all we have to do is kill the BP to prove it! Unless Rio and Mijz are lovers - town lovers, which is as likely as your current theory. Then we're down two townies with no "cleared" townie. Or Mijz and Rio are both townies and they aren't lovers at all and we're back to square one. I'm not seeing this as a win/win, I'm seeing this as high risk with moderate return.

I'm sorry, but you first started your crusade against Mijz because you thought he was scummy, and then when you realized he was BP as he claimed and not mafia you decided that he had to be allied with the werewolf somehow - because, what, he and Rio have the same alignment? What this looks like to me is a mafioso trying to get rid of the BP to make life easier later on.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    I meant to say wolf's puppet and puppet's lover, but thanks, I'm pretty sure I understand now that you believe Mijz is lovers with werewolf/puppet Rio, who shares Mijz's alignment. Or they could both be townies. But you know, all we have to do is kill the BP to prove it! Unless Rio and Mijz are lovers - town lovers, which is as likely as your current theory. Then we're down two townies with no "cleared" townie. Or Mijz and Rio are both townies and they aren't lovers at all and we're back to square one. I'm not seeing this as a win/win, I'm seeing this as high risk with moderate return.

I'm sorry, but you first started your crusade against Mijz because you thought he was scummy, and then when you realized he was BP as he claimed and not mafia you decided that he had to be allied with the werewolf somehow - because, what, he and Rio have the same alignment? What this looks like to me is a mafioso trying to get rid of the BP to make life easier later on.
    He's not necessarily lovers with Rio - Rio could be the werewolf faction person that isn't loved.

Yeah, they could both be townies. That's why if Mijz died alone, he would be confirmed town, and thus would Rio.

Mijz has softclaimed not-a-lover, so if he and Rio were both to die, then it would most likely be an anti-town loving, considering I've given him the opportunity to tell us whether he's loved or not, and he's implied he isn't. He would only hide it if it was anti-town.

Both townies and not lovers = Rio cleared, as explained above. That is not square one.

His claim does not change the fact that I thought he was scummy. Had his claim been indicative of alignment, then I would've admitted being wrong. However, it's true that we can't be certain that claims are not indicative of alignment. I've also never said he HAD to be allied with the Werewolf - only that, if my theory is true, then he is. I also put forward the claim that he could be sided with the Werewolf before I investigated him and Rio.

I could be mafia trying to off the BP, yes, but let's give some context shall we:

a) From what I can gather of the role descriptions, the only dead person's role the mafia know right now is FA's. So, if you're assuming me to be mafia, FA would have had to have been Sheriff. Possible, yes. The only other option is I fakeclaimed as a shot in the dark and got lucky.
    b) Lynching Mijz gives us either i) a confirmed alive innocent (Rio) or ii) two dead confirmed werewolf-sided people (Mijz and his lover). i) is not in the mafia's best interest. ii) is as much in the town's interest as the mafia's.

Based on Mijz's own actions and what he's said, you cannot argue that there can be another situation from lynching Mijz other than the two listed above. THAT'S why it's a Win/Win - it's in the town's best interest WHATEVER the outcome.
    MORE CAPS

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

While all that is pretty much true, I don't think it's all that much of a "win-win". Basically, Mijzelffan is the sacrifice and I'll be left as an innocent townie to die unless the doctor protects me. It's not as though I can take claims or anything...

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Yeah I'm sorry but sacrificing a more than likely town member by just getting a clear that would last maybe a day is just the complete opposite of what we want to do. This game isn't about "collecting clears" since they can be so easily gotten rid of and there's no outside communication. You'd be whittling down town numbers for NO REASON and the only information that we will get is some that we pretty much knew already. It's a complete waste of a mislynch and a bad idea.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. @KidBeano;
    2. @jda95;
    3. @Paperhorse;
    4. @Mijzelffan;
    5. @Hitomi;
    6. @Sputnik;
    7. @Rio Kamishiro;
    8. @FinalArcadia;
    9. @Andrea Luminosity;
    10. @Kyouhei!;
    11. @Soulmaster;
    12. @Akuraito;
    13. @Neon Borealis;
    14. @Master Mew;
    15. @Ryoga Kamishiro;
    16. @Human;
    17. @Buoy;
    18. @Aelita;
    19. @Elysion;
    20. @GliscorMan;
    21. @Croag;ily
    22. @TheMissingno.;

Suddenly the sun disappeared -- but not as before: the moon appeared and eclipsed it. A low howl sounded in the distance. A wolf launched through the crowd and alighted upon @Mijzelffan;.

He tried to put up a defense and was unable; the werewolf knew exactly how to overpower him. Mijzelffan's ultimate fate would become that of especially potent lawn fertilizer.

Then the sun returned and, producing an ray of light far too bright, obscured the identity of the werewolf.

Mijzelffan was eaten as the Bulletproof. The phase has thus been extended by 48 hours and ALL VOTES HAVE BEEN RESET.* IT IS STILL DAY 3

Oh, and for good measure the werewolf is fully protected through the rest of Day 3 and Night 3.

(Although this is at the normal update time, this is not the normal update. This was as soon as the update could be made, and the phase is extended accordingly. This will happen for any future successful Werewolf murders.)

*If you already voted, you must vote again; your old vote no longer counts.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Welp, I'm going to say this doesn't really help KidBeano's case very much. Might as well renew my vote.

Vote: KidBeano
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Welp, I'm going to say this doesn't really help KidBeano's case very much. Might as well renew my vote.
    What was the case against KidBeano, again? We may very well be lynching the Sheriff.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Well... That was interesting...

You guys may think otherwise, but I think the werewolf is trying to incriminate KidBeano.

追放されたバカ

Well, this is interesting...Assuming that KidBeano really is the sheriff and that he really did check Rio, then we can assume that Rio is town as well. I mean, there haven't been any sheriff counter claims, unless the real sheriff already died, which would make KidBeano mafia. But we can't really be sure of much, can we?

Blog Entries

@TheMissingno. Hi, um... I know not immediately responding to a question isn't a scumtell, but... you were online for an hour after I quoted you (to ensure you received a notification) and asked you to explain your case against KidBeano. Surely you had a good case in mind when you voted for him, so... how hard would it be to explain?

Or are you still cobbling together your case and just wanted to make sure you set the tone for the remainder of the Phase by voting first?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @TheMissingno. Hi, um... I know not immediately responding to a question isn't a scumtell, but... you were online for an hour after I quoted you (to ensure you received a notification) and asked you to explain your case against KidBeano. Surely you had a good case in mind when you voted for him, so... how hard would it be to explain?

Or are you still cobbling together your case and just wanted to make sure you set the tone for the remainder of the Phase by voting first?
    If your memory is really that bad you're free to go back and read the thread. I don't see how Mijzelffan's death has changed anything.

Also quit the condescending tone with the online shit. I leave the tab open and go do other things sometimes.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

No condescension was intended, my apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I don't see how Mijzelffan's death has changed anything.
    If Mijzelffan's death hasn't changed anything, then why did you suggest that it further justified your vote on KidBeano?

Blog Entries

I honestly sometimes feel like people pick and choose what they want to read of mine...

Regarding "He'll be killed basically instantly": Assuming the doctor is alive, the only way this could happen is if THE MAFIA SACRIFICED SOMEONE. How is this a bad thing? If they choose to sacrifice, it will be two town deaths for a mafia death. The Town:Mafia ratio began as 3:1. Do the maths yourself.

Regarding "He's useless as a clear as he can't take claims": Clears have more use than just taking claims - they provide a confirmed-town opinion. I'm not proposing follow-the-clear, but you can be sure he's not bussing, or being untruthful or whatever.

Regarding "KidBeano is mafia": I've already provided why the context of the situation meant lynching Mijz was pro-town. It's not a scumtell on me if you can't grasp that. You're also basing this purely on Mijz being town. If you're not, explaining yourself might come in handy.

So, basically, we've got exactly what I wanted, except in an even better set of circumstances in that we can still lynch someone today. Rio is clear. Rio, DO NOT CLAIM.

Anyone got any ideas?
    MORE CAPS

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast