Mafia: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12 - Page 10

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 2 - 11/14/12

Vote: Kyouhei!

Mentioning the wolf is rather strange. I mean, we don't know whether he is really the wolf/puppet, but we'll get some information nonetheless.

Blog Entries

what's the point of lynching the "possible" werewolf if he can't be lynched?
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

If the lynch fails, that's pretty informative, while if we get the Puppet we're one step closer to offing the wolf,

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Either way, this lynch is going to supply us with a ton of information.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

All right then.

Unvote: Mijzelffan
    Vote: Kyouhei

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Fair enough. I want something to happen this phase. Though I still think Mijz is not fully town.
    Unvote: Mijz

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Fair enough. I want something to happen this phase. Though I still think Mijz is not fully town.
    Mijz isn't cleared, but I don't see that she's playing any differently in this game that she normally does when she's Town - we always lynch her for her mannerisms and she flips Town. Until I see something out of character, I'm not worried about her.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I'm voting not because it seems like he's werewolf/puppet - sure, it's a possibility, but even if we hit either it wouldn't be a huge success at this point in time anyway. Even if the lynch failed, it could point to any number of roles, so unless they're puppet (which even then wouldn't be useful until the werewolf gets hit), I don't think specifically gunning for the werewolf side is the way to go right now.

To me it just seems more like fear mongering tactics to deflect suspicion. If they truly were the werewolf/puppet, the last thing they'd want to do would be drawing attention to themselves and either reveal a lynch immunity or removing the werewolf's invincibility. It's certainly scummy and I'd be more likely to think it's a mafioso, waving their arms wildly in another direction toward another. It's not a guarantee, but it's a pretty scummy move and we don't really have many other leads at the moment.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

*sees no counterclaim*

Alrighty

Unvote: Mijzelffan

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Witchhunt - DAY 1 - 11/11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    pichuboy brings up some points that have various levels of credibility, like mijz saying that FA was defending sputnik when she didn't?? also, the whole justifying a death thing:
    1. mijz didn't look like he was JUSTIFYING as such
    2. mijz was making theories, yes, but he was being close-minded about the possibilities
    3. this response post by mijz had absolutely nothing to do with what pichuboy was saying; what's with the activity remarks??? pichuboy hadn't brought up inactivity???
    Mijz saying FA defended Sputnik:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    I don't see why the mafia would kill her unless they expected her to be the puppet or lover because of her defending of sputnik.
    Mijz justifying FA's death:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Okay, finalarcadia died, to be honest that is kinda what I wanted after she tied up the votes.
    I wasn't saying Mijz trying to figure out how FA died was scummy, but rather trying to say WHY she died. The reasons were both personal and false - to accuse the executioner of killing because FA tied the votes means he's accusing the executioner of making the same mistake as him, which seems unlikely. That could've been perceived as an Executioner-tell, but that theory's out the window since he claimed BP.

---

Anyway, just because Mij has claimed his role, does not mean he's town-sided. It's perfectly plausible that he could be a BP who's been Lover'd with the Werewolf/Puppet. An uncounterclaimed role is not a guarantee of alliance in this game. Considering the Werewolf's going to eat him anyway (and may gain a valuable kill immunity from it, if FA was the puppet), there's nothing to lose by lynching him, especially when the evidence stacks more in Mijz's case than Kyo's case.

Mizj hasn't discredited my reasons at all (rather, just accused me of voting based on activity, for whatever strange reason), and has actually had chance to do so. What Kyuohei! posted seems typical of his behaviour regardless of his alignment. If we were to lynch Kyouhei! and there wasn't a kill, we're left with a second no-lynch in a row and still can't be sure whether he is the Werewolf or not.

Keeping my vote on Mijz.

---

Final thing I'd like to point out is that Rio is basically agreeing with everyone and everything. Too much for my liking. Might be worth it to keep an eye out.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Mijz isn't cleared, but I don't see that she's playing any differently in this game that she normally does when she's Town - we always lynch her for her mannerisms and she flips Town. Until I see something out of character, I'm not worried about her.
    um

are you both talking about the same person???

pretty sure mijz isn't a girl

Trophies
    Blog Entries

um

He did that on purpose as a psychological thing. Notice how he seemed to go out of his way to use feminine pronouns.

Anyway, I've still been reading this thread in my absence, and I thank Phoenicks and Feralize for being understanding enough not to sub me out.

Now then, can someone please explain to me in detail why we are going after Kyouhai for making one post? Is it really just because no one can think of anything better to do?
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    um

He did that on purpose as a psychological thing. Notice how he seemed to go out of his way to use feminine pronouns.

Anyway, I've still been reading this thread in my absence, and I thank Phoenicks and Feralize for being understanding enough not to sub me out.

Now then, can someone please explain to me in detail why we are going after Kyouhai for making one post? Is it really just because no one can think of anything better to do?
    I already did think of something better to do, but then apparently a claim = town, even though the Lover ability can cause a town role to be aligned with the Werewolf.

I just find it weird how Mijz hasn't refuted what I've said at all and is basically only relying on his claim to be the "evidence" that he's town, as if he's expecting everyone to just go with it. His whole "I always get lynched early when bulletproof" strop doesn't do him much favours either, imo.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

KidBeano brings up a good point regarding claiming a "town" role =/= town. Unless we've previously lynched someone and someone else goes down with them, then there really isn't any way we can know a person who claims a town role is not tied to the Werewolf or Puppet via the Lovers role. Actually claims in this game are going to only get murkier as the game goes on, as the mafia, as long as the Bookkeeper is alive, will be finding out the roles of their victims that can be then used as fake claims. Not to mention the Werewolf, if they successfully eat someone, will know their guess was correct and can use their victim's role as a fake claim (assuming their victim had a town role).

That said, I don't see a point in voting Mijz off the island after his claim. If he's telling the truth about his role (and I think he is) and is not tied to the Werewolf or Puppet via the Lover role, then he'll likely be eaten today. And we'll have wasted a day. I think it'd be better to wait to see if he's not eaten.

As for Kyouhei!, is it that difficult to consider the possibility that the Werewolf comment could have just been a joke? I have no idea what he means by "Both "teams" argue like Mafia. Just saying." It could be that statement is a general statement (as in town and mafia both argue like mafia every game) rather than a slip up that he is the Werewolf or allied with them. It'd be nice if he would respond to the suspicion on him though, so we could get a better read on him.

Since a Kyouhei! lynch is most likely:
    If Kyouhei! survives being lynched, he could be: Werewolf, Third Wheel (mafia, but they can't die until the Lovers are dead), Survivor (Town or Werewolf aligned if they are Lovers with the Werewolf or Puppet), or Gallis (same situation as with the Survivor).

If Kyouhei is successfully lynched, then he could be any of a larger number of roles. The only way the town would know his role is if the Mortician outs themselves.

I need to reread through and post my thoughts of who I think is suspicious, but that'll have to be a bit later. I'll start by looking at the Kyouhei! wagon though.
    Last edited by Luminosity; 16th November 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    um

I already did think of something better to do, but then apparently a claim = town, even though the Lover ability can cause a town role to be aligned with the Werewolf.

I just find it weird how Mijz hasn't refuted what I've said at all and is basically only relying on his claim to be the "evidence" that he's town, as if he's expecting everyone to just go with it. His whole "I always get lynched early when bulletproof" strop doesn't do him much favours either, imo.
    Fair point. Also, I think Mij himself brought up the fact that he will be killed by the werewolf anyway now that he knows his role. Therefore if we lynch Kyouhai and he flips town (which is a total crap shoot right now because he hasn't actually done anything scummy [or anything at all for that matter]) and Mij was telling the truth about his role, then that's 2 guaranteed dead townies thanks to this phase.

The alternative is that Mij is lying about his role, in which case he won't get killed by the werewolf and we'll pretty much know that he's mafia tomorrow anyway. Basically either way Mij is fucked, but I think it will save a townie life if we lynch him today.

Vote: Mijzelffan
    That's nice.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast