Mafia: Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13 - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 353

Thread: Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13

  1. #46

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    I'll wait for some other players to chime in instead of responding to that since you literally just repeated the same points that I already responded to.
    That's nice.

  2. #47
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,080
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    1. Every vote should be treated as a wagon, unless you did not intend for for anyone to follow your initial vote, in which case I would have to wonder aloud why you bothered to place a vote at all.

    2. I had a mild scum-read from her self-vote, which read as an attempt to pre-empt the potential wagon (because voting for someone with two votes on them already during Day 1 on Bulba is the devil, of course) but it wasn't anything to be alarmed over - it was more than I had for anyone else at the time, however, thus the vote. I pulled my vote as soon as a better suspect presented themself. Did you have a reason to believe she was not Town?

    3. Ice cold.

    What makes Crackfox ever so slightly scummier in your mind than Yatagarasu? I would have reversed those reads.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  3. #48

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    1. Every vote should be treated as a wagon, unless you did not intend for for anyone to follow your initial vote, in which case I would have to wonder aloud why you bothered to place a vote at all.
    To get the game started. Hey look, it worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    2. I had a mild scum-read from her self-vote, which read as an attempt to pre-empt the potential wagon (because voting for someone with two votes on them already during Day 1 on Bulba is the devil, of course) but it wasn't anything to be alarmed over - it was more than I had for anyone else at the time, however, thus the vote. I pulled my vote as soon as a better suspect presented themself. Did you have a reason to believe she was not Town?
    No, not at all.

    What makes Crackfox ever so slightly scummier in your mind than Yatagarasu? I would have reversed those reads.
    Mostly the false vote justification. While it maybe open to interpretation, the statement "SC always seems scummy to me" seems a lot like meta to me. That combined with the "a failed lynch can still provide intel" justification makes her seem scummier to me. Yes a failed lynch can provide intel, but not if everyone just votes the person off right off the bat without any discussion.
    That's nice.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    @adiosToreador; @Phoenicks; Feralize is now known as Mutie.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I questioned you about that trying to find a reason not to vote you, but all you really responded with was a bunch of OMGUS, self contradiction and word twisting. Therefore I'm keeping my vote for now.
    Voting someone to get the ball rolling is not a sufficient reason. Out of everyone you could have picked to 'get the ball rolling' you chose her. I think there could be an underlying reason for that but I guess we'll find out in the end. No lynches are tedious in small games where players tend to stagnate anyway. That's probably why the rules state that a lynch must happen everyday. When someone dies, even if they are town, it opens up a new avenue of conversation/speculation. As I said, if SC was lynched and found to be innocent I would have called you out anyway, especially since you didn't state the reason for voting and starting this bandwagon. SC always seems suspicious, while others, like we're doing now, have it out in thread with long winding responses and arguments, she tends to post sporadically and keeps her post vague. Those are some reasons for jumping on the bandwagon, the main reason is because we have to lynch someone.
    So you think she's suspicious but don't want to lynch her? And if we go along with that contradiction and she is a bad choice for a lynch, do you have any better ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foulcandy View Post
    Da fuck
    Do you have a real defense, or at least, an idea for a better lynch?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    [mention removed]
    1) You're third on the wagon, it wasn't really a wagon until you posted that because she voted herself (which could be playing against her win condition but I'm not the host so)
    2) Do you have a reason to believe she's not town?
    3) cool

    Scum score: 4/10
    I don't think it matters much at this point if she is or isn't playing to her win condition, if she gets herself lynched this phase she's out of the game anyway.

    Do you have any reason to believe that Sourcandy is town?

    Vote: Sourcandy
    I will reconsider my vote if I hear from her or I change my mind.

    Nobody else vote for Sourcandy - I'm the 5th vote on her, with 6 being a majority. We can drag this phase out for as long as it's useful so nobody prematurely end it.

  5. #50
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,080
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Mostly the false vote justification. While it maybe open to interpretation, the statement "SC always seems scummy to me" seems a lot like meta to me.
    It is Meta, but Meta isn't scummy - Meta is information. More information is never a bad thing, it's only the way that you use Meta that can cause it to become scummy - what is it about the way CrackFox was utilizing Meta that seemed scum-motivated to you?

    (Aside: I'm not telling you anything new here, I suspect, so I'm left to wonder why you dropped the word "Meta" in there like it was a blanket scumtell when you knew it wasn't, other than to exploit Bulba's site meta).

    That combined with the "a failed lynch can still provide intel" justification makes her seem scummier to me. Yes a failed lynch can provide intel, but not if everyone just votes the person off right off the bat without any discussion.
    I agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutie View Post
    Nobody else vote for Sourcandy - I'm the 5th vote on her, with 6 being a majority. We can drag this phase out for as long as it's useful so nobody prematurely end it.
    Actually I believe you're the fourth vote on Sourcandy, as TheMissingno. and I both unvoted her.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  6. #51
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    @Mutie; What exactly do I have to defend against? I can't defend if there's no accusation
    My life is a nightmare

  7. #52
    Chief of Police Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Without a Ceilng
    Posts
    11,299
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    @Master Mew; I see your point and honestly find your vote justified. I have no defense and am probably about to look more scummy with my unvote

    UNVOTE: Sourcandy

    Meanwhile
    @Paperhorse; @Flame_; @Flaze; @HumanDawn;

    Hi you guys have been quiet in your thoughts so far. Mind sharing them?
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 2nd April 2013 at 08:13 PM.

  8. #53
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,373
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    @Mutie; What exactly do I have to defend against? I can't defend if there's no accusation
    That's true but you could at least try and reason with people and encourage them to change their vote. It would probably prove futile, true but if it was me (which it kinda is) or Missy or Mew, I just know we'd be more vocal about it. It seems like you are always trying to avoid situations of confrontation, which does strike me as scummy. I'm not saying that you are. In all honesty, I couldn't call it either way, but we have to lynch someone and you are not doing a very good job of convincing the thread that it shouldn't be you at the minute.

  9. #54
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,080
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Foulcandy View Post
    @Mutie; What exactly do I have to defend against? I can't defend if there's no accusation
    The best defense is a good offense. If you don't want to be lynched today, persuade the thread that someone else should be lynched today - a convenient side-effect of lynching someone else is that it necessarily means that you are not lynched, all the while having managed to accomplish this without addressing the non-existent accusations against you.

    Who is your top suspect so far and why? If we lynched someone right now, who do you think would have the highest likelihood of flipping scum?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  10. #55
    Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    60,855
    Blog Entries
    153
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    I have no opinion right now and don't really know who to vote for yet xD

  11. #56
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,080
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    I have no opinion right now and don't really know who to vote for yet xD
    Anyone look even a little suspicious to you? Who and why?

    Anyone look innocent to you? Who and why?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  12. #57
    THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,312
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Meanwhile
    @Paperhorse; @Flame_; @Flaze; @HunanDawn;

    Hi you guys have been quiet in your thoughts so far. Mind sharing them?
    Hi. I worked 11 hours today and I can't access the Internet at work therefore I didn't have time to really properly read the thread and form any opinions. I like to put serious thoughts in my posts, so you need to give me more time to catch up.

  13. #58
    Flame's the name. Flame_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I am.
    Posts
    7,714
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    While I'll withhold my vote for now, just so the phase continues.

    If I had to state one way or another, I'd say that obviously nothing is directly pointing at Sour, at least the chain got the game going.

  14. #59
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,080
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame_ View Post
    While I'll withhold my vote for now, just so the phase continues.

    If I had to state one way or another, I'd say that obviously nothing is directly pointing at Sour, at least the chain got the game going.
    Question: If voting got the game going, how will not voting keep the game going?

    Since you said you're withholding your vote, who are you withholding it from?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  15. #60
    Flame's the name. Flame_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I am.
    Posts
    7,714
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Question: If voting got the game going, how will not voting keep the game going?

    Since you said you're withholding your vote, who are you withholding it from?
    Because, if by the previous count. Should I vote for Sour, then she would be lynched, ending the phase.

    Sour, unless something else comes up.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •