Mafia: Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13 - Page 3

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13

Blog Entries

Default Re: Werewolf -- Night 0 3/31/13

Vote: No Lynch

Games that are this small shouldn't have day one randomness. Wasting a phase will lead to the town's downfall.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Werewolf -- Night 0 3/31/13

Role confirmed.

Zima: What does the game's size have to do with whether or not we should lynch someone on Day 1? Either a Day 1 lynch is good or it's bad, right?

Also, the suggested choice between "randomness" and no lynch is a false dichotomy, as we can lynch without being random.

Yatagarasu: That's not just meta (which is not, incidentally, inherently bad), that's applying someone else's self-meta (which is, incidentally, inherently unreliable) - it also suggests that the game's roles were not RNG'd, as if they were, the object of your meta-analysis (role distribution) would be exempt anyway.

I also feel inclined to ask you what you have against the Sourcandy wagon, since you're launching a counterwagon.

Vote: Sourcandy

1.) She's the leading wagon.
    2.) I have yet to find a reason to believe she is Town.
    3.) I have yet to find a reason to believe someone else would be a better lynch.

Vote is, of course, subject to change as circumstances change. Until such a time arrives, however, consider this a very serious vote.

I'm out of RVS now, don't know about the rest of you.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Default Re: Werewolf -- Day 1 3/31/13

This game started already O.o

Oh well, not much to catch up on. I'm gonna go with the bandwagon on this one. Mainly because a failed lynch can still provide intel. A 'no lynch' will not. We might get lucky and SC always seems scummy to me, so I would be happy to take a risk with her.

Vote: SourCandy

Blog Entries

Da fuck
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Still mulling things over, and still waiting on responses from @Zima; and @Yatagarasu;.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Master Mew; Sorry I forgot to subscribe from the thread. In response I wasn't voting with the intention a counter wagon nor will I support a bandwagon on someone day one with no evidence to suggest they are mafia. For all we know SC could be a PR. Lynches in small games can cost us a lot. Right now if SC is town then mafia can hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation.

UNVOTE: TheMissingno
    VOTE: No Lynch

At this point I believe it to be the safer route.

Blog Entries

@Yatagarasu
    @Zima

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules You Paraphrased in Your Signup Post
    You must lynch every phase.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Well then

UNVOTE: No Lynch
    VOTE: Sourcandy

Hopefully this will give us some info then

Blog Entries

Well that was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Sorry I forgot to subscribe from the thread. In response I wasn't voting with the intention a counter wagon nor will I support a bandwagon on someone day one with no evidence to suggest they are mafia. For all we know SC could be a PR. Lynches in small games can cost us a lot. Right now if SC is town then mafia can hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation.
    How do you go from refusing to vote someone without evidence to voting someone without evidence purely by virtue of discovering that we have to lynch someone this phase? We have no deadline, there's no rush, you could have just unvoted "No Lynch," started scumhunting, and not voted for anyone else until you found a suspect you were comfortable with voting for, but instead you just slipped into the bandwagon that you've been opposing up until this point without any explanation of what changed your mind.

Unvote: Sourcandy
    Vote: Yatagarasu

I posit that Yatagarasu has decided to "hide on the bandwagon and avoid conversation" - which is interesting, given that she had just ascribed that tactic to Scum in her previous post.

EDIT: The Reader's Digest version:

A.) Yatagarasu believes voting for someone without evidence hurts the Town.

B.) Yatagarasu voted for someone without evidence.

Therefore:

C.) Yatagarasu believes she is hurting the Town.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 2nd April 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Unvote: Sourcandy

I will now give everyone who has played a scum score out of 10.
    Why I think people could be mafia (or not):

Quote Originally Posted by Foulcandy View Post
    vote: Sourcandy

I just fucking hate her
    Oh come on now with that attitude.

Scum score: 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    VOTE: TheMissingno You said you get mafia a lot

First to use meta
    Meta or not, what I've been before has nothing to do with what I am now. If you win the lottery 10 times in a row it still doesn't effect your chances of winning another.

However, Master Mew brings up some good points about your self contradiction. I'll upgrade your score to 4/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    Vote: No Lynch

Games that are this small shouldn't have day one randomness. Wasting a phase will lead to the town's downfall.
    Too bad not paying attention to the rules isn't a scum tell. Though one may also consider a no lynch to be a waste of a phase, but I'm not having that argument.

@Master Mew;
    1) You're third on the wagon, it wasn't really a wagon until you posted that because she voted herself (which could be playing against her win condition but I'm not the host so)
    2) Do you have a reason to believe she's not town?
    3) cool

Scum score: 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    This game started already O.o

Oh well, not much to catch up on. I'm gonna go with the bandwagon on this one. Mainly because a failed lynch can still provide intel. A 'no lynch' will not. We might get lucky and SC always seems scummy to me, so I would be happy to take a risk with her.

Vote: SourCandy
    I question how much intel a lynch provides when 6 people vote with no real discussion. What exactly seems scummy to you about Sourcandy in this game?

Scum score: 4.5/10

I'm going to vote: CrackFox until I get a response.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I question how much intel a lynch provides when 6 people vote with no real discussion. What exactly seems scummy to you about Sourcandy in this game?
    This game in particular? The usual vagueness and lack of defense.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

This game in particular? The usual vagueness and lack of defense.
    What kind of information do you think we could gain from lynching her?
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Well for starters, if she was found innocent I'd question you for starting the lynch without a reason. Now that you're being so defensive I'm starting to wonder if you voted her as joke between mafia buddies, then panicked when you realised you'd started a bandwagon against her so you're now you're back-tracking and making out like lynching her is dumb. Which is it? Why the sudden change of heart and why did you vote her in the first place? You voted her without even a few sentences of explanation and changed your vote without explanation. FOS: TheMissingno and SourCandy

My vote on SC still stands.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Well for starters, if she was found innocent I'd question you for starting the lynch without a reason. Now that you're being so defensive I'm starting to wonder if you voted her as joke between mafia buddies, then panicked when you realised you'd started a bandwagon against her so you're now you're back-tracking and making out like lynching her is dumb. Which is it? Why the sudden change of heart and why did you vote her in the first place? You voted her without even a few sentences of explanation and changed your vote without explanation. FOS: TheMissingno and SourCandy

My vote on SC still stands.
    I voted her to get the ball rolling with the game. You can think I panicked if you want, but that would be kind of dumb. Why would I keep a vote that has no evidence now that I can see the reactions of several players? Only a fool would.

First of all, I'm not a politician, I'm not afraid of being accused of flip flopping, especially when it's the first day. There have been pages of arguments in countless games over whether or not random voting is okay, and regardless of whether or not it is there is evidence now, so random votes should be rethought.

Second of all, I'm not really sure what your definition of "defensive" is if you think that's the way I was acting.

Third of all, you first said that you'd accuse me if she was innocent because I started the lynch without reason, then you go on to criticize me for changing my vote.

Fourth of all, I never said that lynching her was dumb. What I said was that I question how much information we can get out of a bandwagon from a random vote with no real discussion (I don't think we can get very much, if not any, info from that btw, and we'll probably just end up with a dead townie). I questioned you about that trying to find a reason not to vote you, but all you really responded with was a bunch of OMGUS, self contradiction and word twisting. Therefore I'm keeping my vote for now.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I questioned you about that trying to find a reason not to vote you, but all you really responded with was a bunch of OMGUS, self contradiction and word twisting. Therefore I'm keeping my vote for now.
    Voting someone to get the ball rolling is not a sufficient reason. Out of everyone you could have picked to 'get the ball rolling' you chose her. I think there could be an underlying reason for that but I guess we'll find out in the end. No lynches are tedious in small games where players tend to stagnate anyway. That's probably why the rules state that a lynch must happen everyday. When someone dies, even if they are town, it opens up a new avenue of conversation/speculation. As I said, if SC was lynched and found to be innocent I would have called you out anyway, especially since you didn't state the reason for voting and starting this bandwagon. SC always seems suspicious, while others, like we're doing now, have it out in thread with long winding responses and arguments, she tends to post sporadically and keeps her post vague. Those are some reasons for jumping on the bandwagon, the main reason is because we have to lynch someone.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast