Mafia: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12] - Page 9

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12]

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 1 - The Story Begins] [7.30.12]

Sorry, I'm just trying to keep track of what happened while I was asleep.

I must admit...anyone who offers themselves up Day 1 like this strikes me as a tad suspicious. I just can't shake the feeling that you're a bomb.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well... Not much we can do now. Jolty, I'm interested to see how you flip. If you don't want to be lynched, I recommend you speak up. I defended you, in hopes of you talking and telling us what's really going on. At this point, I can't do anything else.
    Jolty Febe likes this.

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Okay. I let everyone play a bit, and so after looking at the posts, it seems this whole thing is built on faulty logic.

@Ryuu; To quote Axle, random-lynches are "a dime a dozen" (or at least very, very common) on Day 1; it helps to find some evidence for something, even though that person could be very valuable. And to cite your example: what is the real difference between voting to "get the ball rolling" and voting "just because"? It seems like a choice of semantics to me, one a beginner could mistake rather easily [/inb4 I learned this when I made this error myself, me bitter!]. Both admit that the person has little/no evidence against them and that it could easily be someone else. Neon Borealis voted for Fresa as a joke, and you aren't ganging up on him.

However, we do know something suspicious about Volty: she keeps liking everyone's post, though that likely doesn't have to do with being mafia.

The others' bandwagoning, while it could mean something, it could also just be another part of the regular Day 1 cycle (randomvote, everyone bandwagons on randomvote, someone else decides to shake it up and votes for a bandwagoner/somebody who they have "evidence" for, everyone throws spit at each other, the bandwagonee/the opposition's target if it gets enough steam is lynched, my Arceus that was a lot of jargon).

@Soulmaster; It was a joke, you even admitted that. No one (or at least no one smart) would reveal themselves as mafia as soon as they got their role.

While I'm tempted to vote Gliscorman, there is that risk of him being a bomb, like Feliciano said, and even if he isn't—I think I played a game where some bloke (to avoid using someone again) tried that, and he turned out to be doctor—it never really goes well anyway.

So...

Vote: Ryuutakeshi, with an eye on Jolty Febe and Soulmaster

Well, I did say I was bitter! And I find it hard to argue with Neonsands on this point, even if he seems a little defensive.
    Last edited by TLZ the Confirmer; 31st July 2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Haha, wrong correction
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

voting locked, update soon.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

er, no. Random lynches should NEVER be a dime a dozen. N.E.V.E.R. As I have said countless times, unless you have a reason to vote, do NOT vote. That's how I've been playing my game for a long time. And as you can see, I do find Jolty suspicious. Let's take a look at things here.

1. When playing as mafia, one should never make themselves suspicious on day 1.
    2. One should never draw attention to themselves.
    3. One should never try to push for the death of an innocent unless it is a part of their plan.

So, if I were mafia, then I'm potentially breaking all three of those rules. I'm putting a big "kick me!" sign on my back. Why? Because I'm not mafia. I'm town. Thunderclan, in fact. And Thunderclan is known for fighting against those who dishonor the warrior code. That's why they're the heroes of the story.

I voted for Jolty because I had a gut feeling. I did not like the way she did her random vote (I don't actually like random voting of any kind, but I can only vote once). So... yeah. If you think I'm being irrational and hypocritical (which you implied by saying it's likely I'm just doing this for Rayne, which you called hypocritical activity) then fine. But the fact remains that I went for Jolty because of that vote and because of that gut instinct. Now, I may be wrong. We'll see.

Note that Jolty never defended herself. I'm not buying the "She's new" argument.
    Jolty Febe and Feliciano like this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 1 - A Short Life Ends] [7.10.12]

"I have an idea... just because," a small voice whispered. A small cat - almost a kitten, really – stepped up and pointed at another cat.

"No!" another cat yowled from across the clearing. "That’s your only reason? I think you should be killed instead!"

The small cat flattened his ears as the cats circled him snarling menacingly. "Do you have any defense?" asked one, digging his claws into the soft earth. The small cat looked down and shook his head, laughing to himself. "I don’t think we should kill him," yowled one cat, turning to the cat that first accused him. They stood glaring at each other, fur bristling. The cats were in utter confusion, but they struck at the small cat, sending him rolling to the ground with a gasp.

The cats were circling him, baring their teeth, ready to push him off the cliff. He looked to the gathering of cats, then to the long, treacherous fall below, closed his eyes, and jumped right as the swarm of cats raced at him.

It is now Night 1. This phase will end @ 7 PM EST on August 1st.

So send in your night actions! Let the battle begin.
    Jolty Febe likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 1 - A Short Life Ends] [7.31.12]

... Okay. Now I feel absolutely terrible. you made poor swiftpaw into the bodyguard? :(

So... why wasn't she defending herself in thread?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    ... Okay. Now I feel absolutely terrible. you made poor swiftpaw into the bodyguard? :(

While I'm with you on the not defending herself part. Do you see my point now?

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

... okay why???

He was part of the town... why didn't he defend himself???

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I still disagree to some extent. After all, Jolty was not, for whatever reason, defending herself. She just liked every post that accused her of being evil.

You know, I'll bet this was just another case of, "I hate my role because it means I have to die." Guys, this is a team thing. Sometimes the most important player in the game is the one who takes a bullet for their teammates.
    Akuraito, Feliciano and Pariah like this.

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    ... okay why???

He was part of the town... why didn't he defend himself???
    Sooo... we agree on the post-restriction thing as the reason, then?
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

There wasn't a restriction listed in her role PM. :/

Blog Entries

There wasn't a post restriction.

Blog Entries

And no role could have been used on her.

Blog Entries

I still disagree to some extent. After all, Jolty was not, for whatever reason, defending herself. She just liked every post that accused her of being evil.

You know, I'll bet this was just another case of, "I hate my role because it means I have to die." Guys, this is a team thing. Sometimes the most important player in the game is the one who takes a bullet for their teammates.
    Like I've said before. I'm sure Jolty just didn't know how to handle herself, so since she was likely going to die anyway she made this as enjoyable as possible for herself. I wouldn't have done the same in her shoes, however I do see how our confusion could have been entertaining since she wasn't going to get anything out of the game. I just hope this doesn't continue to happen and scare away prospective mafia players.

Now, a note to everyone:

THINK FOR YOURSELVES

Just because somebody writes a lot and there is more than one vote against a person doesn't make them right. Don't just bandwagon on. Seriously. Not cool. I want reasoning for a vote from now on. We are passed day 1. Don't just say you're following somebody else'd lead. Contribute please.
    Rayne likes this.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast