Mafia: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12] - Page 16

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 3 - Something to Fight For] [8.3.12]

I was the one that said that defending a townie player is usually done by mafia to gain the trust of that player.
    My life is a nightmare

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post
    Manipulating? How so?
    Well, the impression I got was that Fresa's logic for voting for Rayne* because he tied up the votes last day phase, thereby manipulating the vote so that there was no lynch. However, it would be just as easy for Fresa to do that, especially since there's a major lack of voting in this game so far. Also, I really can't see Rayne* drawing so much attention to himself if he were mafia. If that were the case, then him tying up the votes makes no sense - why wouldn't he just let Dark Victini be lynched off? It'd be one less townie they'd have to worry about. If they were both mafia and Rayne* was trying to protect a fellow mafioso...well, there are less conspicuous ways to go about it. If Rayne* was mafia and trying to protect a fellow mafioso in Dark Victini, there would've been more people also trying to protect him. And if not, throwing someone under the bus is a very valid strategy, especially if the person being thrown has a one-shot role they've already used up.

Fresa, however, could be attempting something similar. Not only has she not been very active, but then she just now pops in and votes for Rayne* - manipulating the vote just as she's accusing Rayne* of doing. Only this time, she's doing it to try and kill him off. Now, why would anyone want to kill off a player like Rayne*, who hasn't done anything remarkably suspicious, and is a good player to keep on our side? Perhaps if they were mafia, and perceived his defense of Dark Victini as a threat.

Hear me out on this possible scenario: Dark Victini has a pretty good town role, which Rayne*, through use of an alliance or some kind of check, discovers. The mafia, however, also rolechecks Dark Victini, and deems him a threat. Seeing that Dark Victini is about to get lynched, Rayne* defends him and ties the vote, even though that leaves the day with no lynch. Now, the mafia is trying to get rid of the person who blocked their lynch attempt last time. Plausible? I'd say so.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Manipulating? How so?
    Well, the impression I got was that Fresa's logic for voting for Rayne* because he tied up the votes last day phase, thereby manipulating the vote so that there was no lynch. However, it would be just as easy for Fresa to do that, especially since there's a major lack of voting in this game so far. Also, I really can't see Rayne* drawing so much attention to himself if he were mafia. If that were the case, then him tying up the votes makes no sense - why wouldn't he just let Dark Victini be lynched off? It'd be one less townie they'd have to worry about. If they were both mafia and Rayne* was trying to protect a fellow mafioso...well, there are less conspicuous ways to go about it. If Rayne* was mafia and trying to protect a fellow mafioso in Dark Victini, there would've been more people also trying to protect him. And if not, throwing someone under the bus is a very valid strategy, especially if the person being thrown has a one-shot role they've already used up.
    Well, you said it yourself: You have never played against him; he's the kind of mafia player that has at least 5 alliances by day 2. I almost 100% sure you were contacted by him last night and that's why you're defending him. Is nothing new for Rayne* to be quite active so I can't really call on his alliance based on that. I would also like to point out that I had the chance to vote Victini, something I would have done if I were mafia. I don't think Victini is mafia, just an easy prey.

Fresa, however, could be attempting something similar. Not only has she not been very active, but then she just now pops in and votes for Rayne* - manipulating the vote just as she's accusing Rayne* of doing. Only this time, she's doing it to try and kill him off. Now, why would anyone want to kill off a player like Rayne*, who hasn't done anything remarkably suspicious, and is a good player to keep on our side? Perhaps if they were mafia, and perceived his defense of Dark Victini as a threat.
    I have nothing against him, I'm voting him because he's Rayne*, I'm voting him because I think what he did is suspicious.

Hear me out on this possible scenario: Dark Victini has a pretty good town role, which Rayne*, through use of an alliance or some kind of check, discovers. The mafia, however, also rolechecks Dark Victini, and deems him a threat. Seeing that Dark Victini is about to get lynched, Rayne* defends him and ties the vote, even though that leaves the day with no lynch. Now, the mafia is trying to get rid of the person who blocked their lynch attempt last time. Plausible? I'd say so.
    It looks like there's no place in your mind to think Ray could be mafia, I still wonder why is that?
    My life is a nightmare

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

Honestly, we can't keep doing these no lynches, or else the only kills are going to be the mafias, and that's guaranteed that one of us'll die. The votes right now are going for Rayne* and Fresa, and I don't think either of them seem all too suspicious in what they've done. I would vote for someone else, but that'd only make a no lynch more likely. Tough, tough, tough. I still have a finger of suspicion on the lurkers who only started talking once I called them out on it though. If nothing comes out of this phase I'm advocating lynching one of them.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

I have not been contacted by Rayne* at any point during this game. I do have a very good hunch that he's town. However, it is just a hunch. It could all be just a dream, after all.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 3 - Going Nowhere Fast] [8.4.12]

Flavor text will be added later - I came back from a long and stressful day.

It is now Night 3. This phase will end August 5 @ 7 PM EST.

I cannot stress enough - I need all out-of-thread messages. If I find you keeping things from me you will be modkilled.

@Feralize; would you like to sub in for @GengarWithSunglasses;? He has not posted in thread even after my warning.
    Last edited by Catspring; 4th August 2012 at 08:34 PM.

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Manipulating? How so?

I realize I'm defending Fresa now (and I don't really think Rayne is mafia), but wouldn't having a bunch of people defend DV be even more conspicious? And I can't say Fresa is really manipulating the vote that way, considering this phase likely won't end until around eleven actually it ended earlier than that, but you get my point—unless, of course, she's playing off the sedentary voting patterns of the players in this game, which is fairly improbable because making a vote can reliably be counted on to trigger more votes even when most players normally wouldn't (as you show).

EDIT: Another day without a lynch? We really gotta kill someone tomorrow...
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

This settles it. Provided I'm not brutally murdered in the night, I'm voting tomorrow.
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

URPG Stats.

Blog Entries

@America*; yes please.

Blog Entries

We need to lynch someone. I'm not normally an advocate of a lynch, but we need to kill someone off. Somehow, one of our power roles was killed in the night. The odds of this being random are very slim. Neon was, most likely, betrayed. We must lynch someone this coming day.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!
    @Feralize; is now subbing for @GengarWithSunglasses;.
    Last edited by Catspring; 5th August 2012 at 07:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Then we're agreed - tomorrow, a lynch needs to happen.
    @Thunder Lord Z; If you're uncomfortable with the word manipulating, what about affecting? Influencing? Though you're right about multiple people defending Dark Victini being conspicuous. Still, you'd have thought that someone else might have spoken up, despite the vote being cast close to the end of the phase.

Frankly, I defended Rayne* because I don't trust him. He hasn't done anything overtly suspicious in thread so far, so I can't confirm, but keeping him alive is the best chance to observe him more closely. If my suspicions are wrong, then the town has a very skilled and valuable ally. But rest assured, I am in pursuit of any and all prey. No fresh-kill nor clan enemy escapes my claws.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
    Maybe we should wait a phase or two. But then we could be digging ourselves deeper in this hole... What do you guys think we should do?
    Trying to prolong the kills out? Hmmm *watches with kitty eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Victini View Post
    did somebody say the mafia were trying to manipulate me? 'cause that's the impression i got.
    It is totally possible. You wouldn't be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresa View Post
    Well, you said it yourself: You have never played against him; he's the kind of mafia player that has at least 5 alliances by day 2. I almost 100% sure you were contacted by him last night and that's why you're defending him. Is nothing new for Rayne* to be quite active so I can't really call on his alliance based on that. I would also like to point out that I had the chance to vote Victini, something I would have done if I were mafia. I don't think Victini is mafia, just an easy prey.
    Actually, in my experience Rayne is a lot more laid back in that regard. He'll make alliances, but only the ones he needs to make.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    This settles it. Provided I'm not brutally murdered in the night, I'm voting tomorrow.
    What in the name of StarClan is with you thinking you're going to be murdered every time you blink? Ravenpaw, are you a kit or warrior?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Confirmed.

Also, this may be really petty, but I went back and reread Day 1 to get a better feel for what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Sorry, I'm not unvoting because this bandwagon is dumb. I don't care whether this guy turns up mafia or fool or whatever. This bandwagon has as much logic to it as the original vote. No, voting somebody for random voting doesn't count as a real reason. Give me one.
    Ryuu was awful quick to jump on Jolty just for voting for Rayne. Neon voted Ryuu because Ryuu had no good justification either.

Neon was conveniently killed Night 2. He wasn't particularly suspicious of Ryuu.

I'm really not sure what to make of it. Seems like it could either be a nightkill meant to throw suspicion onto Ryuu, or Ryuu is mafia and he gets back at, or possibly namekills Neon.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Yes, because despite saying how horrible a strategy that is because it never works I would totally do it anyways.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast