Mafia: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12] - Page 13

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 443
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Warrior Cats Mafia [ENDGAME - The Dark Forest and AlaskaPigeon wins!] [8.15.12]

  1. #181
    Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,152
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 2 - A Twist of Fate] [8.1.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Victini View Post
    @VeloJello; i'm surprised i haven't been lynched too. in fact, i'm surprised that any of us newbies I've figured out haven't been lynched. sans Jolty Febe :P
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Like I said, I'm extremely new at this; frankly I'm a little surprised I haven't managed to get myself killed/lynched as yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
    Edit 2: This is my first mafia game. Expect poor decisions. You have been warned.
    Derp, well it's only been one night, where no one died and one voting phase where most people bandwagonned which more or less usually happens. There hasn't been much of an opportunity to die.

    If you've died by this point, it was really all up to chance. (but most of the subsequent turns still hinge on that 'chance', just less so if you have a good play of roles). Don't worry you'll all get equal chances to stay in the game.

    And don't feel bad about being new, the more the merrier! I don't think there's any wrong way to play mafia, new or old.

    Personally I had no clue what I was doing my first game but the discussion with Hellion and the eventual strategizing around it was fun so I just kept at it. I pretty much formed all my experience from that moment and used it in every other game.

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Speaking of staying out of the spotlight, my apologies for being inactive. This is my first forum mafia game, so I'm trying to lay low and observe. Kindly refrain from mistaking that as mafia-ness!
    At least you're being honest about it, and in these games honesty goes a long way, but brutal honesty can also make for excellent cover.

    I've seen games where people can hide in plain sight, say they're mafia, and yet people decide against it, think they're joking, and just live and let live.


    AS for voting, I'm thinking of pinning my sights on @Fresa;. I haven't been around for a while, but I do remember your playing style. Maybe it's changed, though as an innocent you were a bit more up front and a bit more of a goofball... well you're a lovable goofball as mafia too but you were still more active when you were working on the town side.

    However if I vote I think I'm going to end up tying the lynch.

    But I think I don't mind doing that right now, Dark Victini seems pretty interested in just simply playing with a 'I don't care to win or lose' attitude which is evidence of playing for the town usually and seeing as he is interested in continued learning of the game, I could see him as a valuable player down the line, so I don't mind stepping in for this.

    Vote: @Fresa;

    Finding out and counting on who's innocent is just as important as finding out who's mafia. ;3

    -In Simple Harmony-

  2. #182
    I'm back! Finally Soulmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    157
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 2 - A Twist of Fate] [8.1.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne* View Post
    I've seen games where people can hide in plain sight, say they're mafia, and yet people decide against it, think they're joking, and just live and let live.
    I call those "Master Mew's" as that was the style he did the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia. Go check the game if you want to see. And he wasn't even mafia :P

    Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

  3. #183
    Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,152
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 2 - A Twist of Fate] [8.1.12]

    It's a pretty fun strategy, especially if you're confident about it. I've been known to do it myself on occasion.

    -In Simple Harmony-

  4. #184
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]



    The cats gathered in the harsh morning light, still in shock of the previous night's events. The tension continued to rise, but overall a decision was not made.



    It is now Night 2. This phase will end @ 7 PM EST on August 2nd.
    Last edited by Catspring; 2nd August 2012 at 07:23 PM.

  5. #185
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Day 2 - A Twist of Fate] [8.1.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne*
    AS for voting, I'm thinking of pinning my sights on @Fresa;. I haven't been around for a while, but I do remember your playing style. Maybe it's changed, though as an innocent you were a bit more up front and a bit more of a goofball... well you're a lovable goofball as mafia too but you were still more active when you were working on the town side.

    However if I vote I think I'm going to end up tying the lynch.

    But I think I don't mind doing that right now, Dark Victini seems pretty interested in just simply playing with a 'I don't care to win or lose' attitude which is evidence of playing for the town usually and seeing as he is interested in continued learning of the game, I could see him as a valuable player down the line, so I don't mind stepping in for this.

    Vote: @Fresa;

    Finding out and counting on who's innocent is just as important as finding out who's mafia. ;3
    Well hello there Mr. Rayne! It sure has been a while since we last played a game together, rest assured; my play-style has changed quite a bit. For starters, I used to be really adamant regardless of what role I had, this is no longer the case. Not saying I have the most important role in the game or anything.

    There's also the theme factor, I'm usually more active if I know at least the characters; I'm actually still trying to figure out what Warrior Cats actually is. /sorry!

    I know you're quite the sweet-talker so I'm not going to defend myself more than what is actually needed; I know you can use anything against me. However, I think that if you're a townie you should at least try to defend yourself as the discussion it creates can be used to find a slip on a mafia member, so I see all the "not defending myself" anti-town at best. I know she's new and all, but she only has one vote against her, not that much pressure to give up :/. And did you just say she could be more valuable than me?
    My life is a nightmare

  6. #186
    I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Inside a suit of clothes
    Posts
    439
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Okay, I'm sorry for not responding to everything earlier. Personal problems. Anyway, I'll tackle the first question: I voted for DV because... even after the Day 1 ruckus fracas, I thought it was good to—be proactive, considering voting is the main way to get information. I'm pretty certain I'm actually too "proactive" because of how often this gets me in trouble.

    @Ryuu again; yes, you were very forward in wanting Jolty to get lynched, and that turned out to be a mistake. However, I'm not sure I'm taking the, "but I wrote a lot and posted a lot!" excuse. You're a very experienced player, you know that lying low is one of the worst things to do if you were mafia. In most of the games I've played with in which you were a mafioso, you were rather outspoken (as you are now).

    Posting more stuff later.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

    In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

  7. #187
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post
    Okay, I'm sorry for not responding to everything earlier. Personal problems. Anyway, I'll tackle the first question: I voted for DV because... even after the Day 1 ruckus fracas, I thought it was good to—be proactive, considering voting is the main way to get information. I'm pretty certain I'm actually too "proactive" because of how often this gets me in trouble.

    @Ryuu again; yes, you were very forward in wanting Jolty to get lynched, and that turned out to be a mistake. However, I'm not sure I'm taking the, "but I wrote a lot and posted a lot!" excuse. You're a very experienced player, you know that lying low is one of the worst things to do if you were mafia. In most of the games I've played with in which you were a mafioso, you were rather outspoken (as you are now).

    Posting more stuff later.
    Wow. Way to totally misunderstand what I was saying.

    I wasn't defending myself based on " I wrote a lot and posted a lot!"" I'm defending myself based on the fact I've EXPLAINED myself a lot.

    And... um... laying no is NOT one of the worst things a mafioso can do.

    Z, I'll remind you I was gone for about 9 months. In that time I reassessed and fine-tuned my approach. And with the loss of some of the more active, forward people in mafia, I've decided to try that approach. I rather like it, actually.

    Your explanation isn't making much sense. And the fact that you are accusing me of being mafia, but not voting me makes me wonder. Why are you pointing fingers at me, but refusing to follow through? Even during the day phase, you voted Dark Victini, who so far has only expressed surprise that he hasn't yet been brutally murdered.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  8. #188
    I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Inside a suit of clothes
    Posts
    439
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post
    Okay, I'm sorry for not responding to everything earlier. Personal problems. Anyway, I'll tackle the first question: I voted for DV because... even after the Day 1 ruckus fracas, I thought it was good to—be proactive, considering voting is the main way to get information. I'm pretty certain I'm actually too "proactive" because of how often this gets me in trouble.

    @Ryuu again; yes, you were very forward in wanting Jolty to get lynched, and that turned out to be a mistake. However, I'm not sure I'm taking the, "but I wrote a lot and posted a lot!" excuse. You're a very experienced player, you know that lying low is one of the worst things to do if you were mafia. In most of the games I've played with in which you were a mafioso, you were rather outspoken (as you are now).

    Posting more stuff later.
    Wow. Way to totally misunderstand what I was saying.

    I wasn't defending myself based on " I wrote a lot and posted a lot!"" I'm defending myself based on the fact I've EXPLAINED myself a lot.

    And... um... laying no is NOT one of the worst things a mafioso can do.

    Z, I'll remind you I was gone for about 9 months. In that time I reassessed and fine-tuned my approach. And with the loss of some of the more active, forward people in mafia, I've decided to try that approach. I rather like it, actually.

    Your explanation isn't making much sense. And the fact that you are accusing me of being mafia, but not voting me makes me wonder. Why are you pointing fingers at me, but refusing to follow through? Even during the day phase, you voted Dark Victini, who so far has only expressed surprise that he hasn't yet been brutally murdered.
    Well. I promised not to have to fish myself out of one of these again. Live and learn, I guess. And since I wrote that post in a hurry...

    Time to pick apart this post!

    "My defense was not 'I wrote and posted a lot'. It was that I explained myself a lot"—Yes, but by explaining you were proving that you had the guts to do so. You were drawing attention to yourself, and one of the fundamentals of your argument was that you did so.

    "Laying low is not one of the worst things a mafioso could do"—Don't any of you guys understand hyperbole? (I have a feeling this part will get the most vicious reaction)

    "'I'll remind you I was gone for 9 months. In that time I reassessed and fine-tuned my approach. And with the loss of some of the more active, forward people in mafia, I've decided to try that approach. I rather like it, actually"—And that's great (and also great you told me, because I was gone for most/all of that time). But that doesn't give you a "get out of accusations free pass" (waiiit, have you told me this before? I don't quite remember and I'm not going to look for it, but I'm getting some weird deja vu for some reason...).

    "And the fact that you are accusing me of being mafia, but not voting me makes me wonder. Why are you pointing fingers at me, but refusing to follow through?"—It was honestly just a spur-of the-moment benefit-of-the-doubt thing, due to all your posts upon Jolty's death and the fact that I had led inadvertent lynches for townies countless times. I know this will hurt my street cred more than you can imagine (everyone in mafia lies through their teeth! Impulse votes are extraordinarily dumb!), but that's the truth for you. I repeatedly considered changing my vote, but I never got the chance due to not being at the computer.

    "Even during the day phase, you voted Dark Victini, who so far has only expressed surprise that he hasn't yet been brutally murdered"—I'm honestly surprised too, since I was the only person who voted. Maybe there is a protector role who is keeping him alive? That would be interesting.

    Well, I tried my best... I know this is a mess. Just sift through it.
    Last edited by TLZ the Confirmer; 2nd August 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

    In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

  9. #189
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post

    "My defense was not 'I wrote and posted a lot'. It was that I explained myself a lot"—Yes, but by explaining you were proving that you had the guts to do so. You were drawing attention to yourself, and one of the fundamentals of your argument was that you did so.
    Yeah, and your point is?
    "Laying low is not one of the worst things a mafioso could do"—Don't any of you guys understand hyperbole? (I have a feeling this part will get the most vicious reaction)
    I didn't see that as hyperbole.

    "'I'll remind you I was gone for 9 months. In that time I reassessed and fine-tuned my approach. And with the loss of some of the more active, forward people in mafia, I've decided to try that approach. I rather like it, actually"—And that's great (and also great you told me, because I was gone for most/all of that time). But that doesn't give you a "get out of accusations free pass" (waiiit, have you told me this before? I don't quite remember and I'm not going to look for it, but I'm getting some weird deja vu for some reason...).
    XD Maybe. I don't remember. And I wasn't TRYING to get out of this accusations scott free. I'm trying to defend myself.

    "And the fact that you are accusing me of being mafia, but not voting me makes me wonder. Why are you pointing fingers at me, but refusing to follow through?"—It was honestly just a spur-of the-moment benefit-of-the-doubt thing, due to all your posts upon Jolty's death and the fact that I had led inadvertent lynches for townies countless times. I know this will hurt my street cred more than you can imagine (everyone in mafia lies through their teeth! Impulse votes are extraordinarily dumb!), but that's the truth for you. I repeatedly considered changing my vote, but I never got the chance due to not being at the computer.
    Fair enough

    "Even during the day phase, you voted Dark Victini, who so far has only expressed surprise that he hasn't yet been brutally murdered"—I'm honestly surprised too, since I was the only person who voted. Maybe there is a protector role who is keeping him alive? That would be interesting.
    What protector? The votes were tied. Unless you are hinting something,

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  10. #190
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post
    I'm honestly surprised too, since I was the only person who voted. Maybe there is a protector role who is keeping him alive? That would be interesting.
    Um...Rayne tied up the votes near the end of the phase. It wasn't a role, just someone else voting.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  11. #191
    I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Inside a suit of clothes
    Posts
    439
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Lord Z View Post
    I'm honestly surprised too, since I was the only person who voted. Maybe there is a protector role who is keeping him alive? That would be interesting.
    Um...Rayne tied up the votes near the end of the phase. It wasn't a role, just someone else voting.
    Wait... no... I don't see it... oh, there it is.

    Bugger. I need to skim better.

    Again.

    LURK MOAR
    Last edited by TLZ the Confirmer; 2nd August 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

    In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

  12. #192
    magister mencium VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Land of Night and Magic.
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Man, we still have had only one death? Maybe things will get real tonight. Hopefully I remember to watch this thread. T.T
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

    URPG Stats.

  13. #193
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Man, we still have had only one death? Maybe things will get real tonight. Hopefully I remember to watch this thread. T.T
    So, what do you think we should have done? Was there a particular person you found suspicious who we should have gone for?

    What do you think of everything so far?

  14. #194
    magister mencium VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Land of Night and Magic.
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Man, we still have had only one death? Maybe things will get real tonight. Hopefully I remember to watch this thread. T.T
    So, what do you think we should have done? Was there a particular person you found suspicious who we should have gone for?

    What do you think of everything so far?
    I'm not wishing for death - except perhaps the lucky lynch of a mafia member. But I don't know this game well enough to have developed any suspicions.

    I think that this is a very interesting game, and hopefully I don't muck up. ^^'
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

    URPG Stats.

  15. #195
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Warrior Cats Mafia [Night 2 - Rising Tension] [8.2.12]

    Now, why are you so anxious for a death?

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •