Mafia: War Room Party (5th game) - Finally over, Town victory - Page 9

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 264
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: War Room Party (5th game) - Finally over, Town victory

  1. #121
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    I die N1 even when I don't die N1.

    Where's that Mary Poppins picture when you need it?
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  2. #122
    I was born for this Greece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    On a Carpet Whale
    Posts
    1,020
    Blog Entries
    29
    Add Greece on Google+

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    There goes a role copier.



  3. #123
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    vote: feralize

    Yay for voting an inactive. Now either she will start posting, Zenax or Hitomi will start posting for being in the same boat, someone will start posting to say I'm an idiot, maybe someone will vote me for it, or someone will post suggesting something else to do, maybe even vote someone else, meaning another accused might start posting instead.

    Either way activity is bound to come from this. Good activity.


  4. #124
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    He said he was pro-Day-1-lynch, not pro-Day-1-lynch-as-long-as-it's-not-myself. Are you saying that if he'd have turned around and said "Woah guys, I didn't mean myself!", you wouldn't have wondered why?


    Arguing that someone who wants a Day 1 lynch is willing to be lynched themselves is a pernicious argument. Nobody wants to be lynched. If being willing to lynch another but not oneself is a scumtell, then the only consistent responses are "Lynch me please" or "let's never lynch".

    >Does not sit well with me
    >Blasting

    Not sure if you're intentionally trying to misrepresent the situation or not.
    blast - definition of blast by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    "7. To criticize or attack vigorously."
    "4. To criticize or attack with vigor."
    "6. to criticize severely"

    When you call someone suspicious for doing something, you're criticising them for it, even if it's inadvertently. And whatever my choice of words, the fact still stands that Mr. F used inactivity as logic for a Day 1 lynch. It was ridiculous logic and he was grasping at straws. A townie member wouldn't grasp at straws on Day 1, no matter how desperate they were for a lynch. Did he turn out to be town? No. Did the suspicion he was grasping at straws prove itself in his role? Well considering it was to lynch three people regardless of alignment, I'd say yes.
    But I'm not calling out your logic for lynching Mr. F. I'm calling out your word choice. You misrepresented the situation by phrasing the light "does not sit well with me" as "blasting". In doing so you created another reason for lynching Mr. F that wouldn't've existed if you hadn't made the misrepresentation.

    How you took it doesn't make me scummy. Buoy's initial post showed him thinking aloud - yes it had the 'or i might just be paranoid but idk', but to say that the whole post was a joke because of that statement is a little out-there. Then calling Mr. F's response a joke back is just plain odd. Buoy made no direct accusation against him, but he still chose to respond. Whether it was "a playful joke" or not, he had something to say on the matter. Buoy made a theory, Mr. F replied with 'Well that can't be true because I'm not mafia'.
    I'm not going to argue about what Mr. F or Buoy said. What strikes me is that you took a post that could have been a joke and interpreted it as as scumtell. This is another instance where I believe you fabricated evidence. To me Mr. F's post was tongue-in-cheek. I implore everyone else: If you think that Mr. F was lashing out in defense, then you would agree with KB. If you think that Mr. F was making a joke, then you would think, like me, that KB calling Mr. F scummy for making it is odd.

    There was no "defense" because there was no accusation. Buoy only mentioned imagining Fahrenheit to be mafia because it happened in the last game.
    I never said there was an accusation, in fact, I've explicitly said there was no accusation.[/QUOTE]

    You originally said:

    Adding on to the fact that his only defence to the theory was "I'm not mafia" which isn't a defence,
    I am not playing dictionary over "theory" and "accusation".

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano
    And no, that's not what Buoy "only" mentioned. He came up with a perfectly valid theory, then posted how he wasn't 100% sure of it because he's not sure whether he's just paranoid from last game or not. Like I said before, you taking it as a joke is not the be-all and end-all. I didn't take it as a joke, so I analysed it, and that's supposed to be a note for concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy
    To be honest, I just came up with some crackpot theory in my head that Mr. Fahrenheit created a tie for my sake to make it seem like he was defending me and thus get me lynched. The fact that he gave a defensive response to what you said to him just makes me a little more on-edge about him, as well.
    Everyone can decide for themselves if they think that what you are characterizing as a "perfectly valid theory" actually is one. I've decided that it's not.

    You're kind of missing a key thing here - Mr. F did not care who was lynched.
    Yes.

    You're missing my point. You are dealing in pernicious arguments. Lynching Fahrenheit was not bad for the town in the sense that lynching an innocent would have been. But if you were mafia you could still have lynched the independent. Your arguments suggest to me that this is what happened.

    I'm just wondering why you didn't appeal to players who hadn't voted to vote for Fahrenheit.
    Because Mijz's and Greece's votes were self-confessed joke votes. To have a tie because two people think it's funny to screw with Day 1 (which you yourself criticised in this post)just makes a farce of the game.
    This isn't about me. If you were so sure of your arguments, why did you not also appeal to other players to vote for Fahrenheit? You only encouraged joke-voters to remove their votes.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Well at least I was right that he didn't care about the lynches. Score 1 for logic.
    Please show me where I was wrong and that he actually cared about the lynches.
    Presenting an argument is not the same as using logic.

    Anyway, you can't call my entire argument specious when actually, you didn't even bother to so much as mention the last part of it where I pointed out Mr F.'s contradiction. I'd like to see what you've got to say about that.
    You spotted a contradiction and lynched on it. I have done the former and am about to do the latter. Mr. F was a neutral, but he was also not mafia. You could have made that argument whether you were town or mafia. I'm not suspecting you for that part of your post. It's everything else you said that I'm voting you for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    Why don't you say something productive. :P
    productive?????????? me?????????

    sry i don't know how to play mafia games..........
    Stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Um, you want a line-by-line analysis? Fine.
    That post advanced nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: feralize

    Yay for voting an inactive. Now either she will start posting, Zenax or Hitomi will start posting for being in the same boat, someone will start posting to say I'm an idiot, maybe someone will vote me for it, or someone will post suggesting something else to do, maybe even vote someone else, meaning another accused might start posting instead.

    Either way activity is bound to come from this. Good activity.
    Lot of nerve coming from someone who's barely posted. :P

    And as it goes:

    Vote: KidBeano

  5. #125
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    Let the record show I posted as much as FrostyGaga, Leopard, Atomic, Paperhorse and Neon Borealis, having posted more than zenax, feralize and hitomi, and after this post having posted as much as soulmaster, joltik and akuraito too. Now who has barely posted?


  6. #126
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    Vote: KidBeano

    Unless someone has other information, I'll go with this for now. I did find KidBeano suspicious on day 1. Phoenicks brings up pretty valid points too.

    As for Feralize, Hitomi, and Zenax- Their silence is definitely not helpful for the town in any way.

  7. #127
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    I'd explain my inactivity but that'd be shrugged off as AtE (which it would be) so I'll abstain.

    The line that bothered me the most is this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Vote: Mr Fahrenheit

    Because he'd rather see a lynch which must mean he's fine with being lynched himself. [...]
    While it's true that Mr. Fahrenheit was anti-town, trying to clear oneself with that would be as effective as saying that someone is scummy specifically because they lynched the cop or doctor, and I certainly don't like the reasoning because it's a terrible one. In retrospect, it's pretty much Mr. Fahrenheit reasoning, albeit reworded.

    There's also this:

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    He said he was pro-Day-1-lynch, not pro-Day-1-lynch-as-long-as-it's-not-myself. Are you saying that if he'd have turned around and said "Woah guys, I didn't mean myself!", you wouldn't have wondered why?
    I'm not sure if you're actually serious with that post. It goes without saying that if you want a lynch on Day 1, unless you are the fool, you don't mean a lynch on yourself. Going with that logic, everyone who is pro-lynch and don't specify that they don't want to be lynched actually do.

  8. #128
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy
    How you took it doesn't make me scummy. Buoy's initial post showed him thinking aloud - yes it had the 'or i might just be paranoid but idk', but to say that the whole post was a joke because of that statement is a little out-there. Then calling Mr. F's response a joke back is just plain odd. Buoy made no direct accusation against him, but he still chose to respond. Whether it was "a playful joke" or not, he had something to say on the matter. Buoy made a theory, Mr. F replied with 'Well that can't be true because I'm not mafia'.
    I'm not going to argue about what Mr. F or Buoy said. Wht strikes me is that you took a post that could have been a joke and interpreted it as as scumtell. This is another instance where I believe you fabricated evidence. To me Mr. F's post was tongue-in-cheek. I implore everyone else: If you think that Mr. F was lashing out in defense, then you would agree with KB. If you think that Mr. F was making a joke, then you would think, like me, that KB calling Mr. F scummy for making it is odd.
    I sort of believe that it wasn't a joke, to be honest -- for outside-game reasons, of course. Mr. Fahrenheit's never came across like that to me before, so that's where I got the whole idea of a radical personality change, and it's part of why I personally found that something was off with him. Bear with me. ;_;

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano
    And no, that's not what Buoy "only" mentioned. He came up with a perfectly valid theory, then posted how he wasn't 100% sure of it because he's not sure whether he's just paranoid from last game or not. Like I said before, you taking it as a joke is not the be-all and end-all. I didn't take it as a joke, so I analysed it, and that's supposed to be a note for concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy
    To be honest, I just came up with some crackpot theory in my head that Mr. Fahrenheit created a tie for my sake to make it seem like he was defending me and thus get me lynched. The fact that he gave a defensive response to what you said to him just makes me a little more on-edge about him, as well.
    Everyone can decide for themselves if they think that what you are characterizing as a "perfectly valid theory" actually is one. I've decided that it's not.
    In retrospect, that actually was a good theory, given his wincon. At the time, I was pretty unsure, because I was really just wondering why someone would do that, but the thought did occur to me that it was his plan, and whether he was just angling for a mislynch as mafia or some other reason was unknown to me, and so I wasn't going to present the theory as something perfectly valid -- which was why I stated that I was probably being paranoid. I knew, personally, that what I said had some credibility, although to what extent I wasn't aware of. Note also that Fahrenheit replied to say that the premise that he was mafia was false, and that collapsed the entire theory -- if that was a contribution to your decision. *flips hair*

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    Why don't you say something productive. :P
    productive?????????? me?????????

    sry i don't know how to play mafia games..........
    Stop.
    ok......sry.......i'l.l ask 2 b subbd............

    u dnt want me in here.........sadfaec............

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Um, you want a line-by-line analysis? Fine.
    That post advanced nothing.
    In fairness, he did end that debate, because -- and he said this -- it wasn't going anywhere.

  9. #129
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28



    Kidbeano: 2 (Phoenicks, Paperhorse)
    Feralize: 1 (Mijzelffan)

    "Wow, you've been so quiet, I nearly fell asleep on this couch."

    "Meh, time's up. Time for update."

    'Mintaka' raised an eyebrow as a warning. Everyone understood. They blocked their ears.

    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    Kidbeano disappeared.

    And then, THUD!

    "Ouch, you totally didn't shove me onto the floor on purpose, Min!"
    'Mintaka' simply grinned in response.
    "And it's totally unfair that I'm lynched only by THAT MANY votes!"
    "Maybe they hate you that much, that they don't even want to vote for you."
    "Pls"



    Kidbeano was lynched.
    He was 'Iteru', a Mafia player.

    IT IS NOW NIGHT 2.

    ~~~


    And since I'd like honest opinions:

    Hurricane Sandy is expecting to pass Eastern US. If you expect power problems from this, please let me know either by public or private. If there are players expecting inactivity due to this (as well as for any other reasons, such as midterms or anything, please let me know of those too), I would rather temporarily halt the game, as progressing the game in such state benefits no one.

    FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

  10. #130
    I was born for this Greece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    On a Carpet Whale
    Posts
    1,020
    Blog Entries
    29
    Add Greece on Google+

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D2 These kills - 10/28

    @Mintaka; My family is expecting power problems from the hurricane...

    But that's a mafia down, and a role blocker at that!



  11. #131
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - N2 There's one - 10/29

    Hurricane Sandy is affecting my area, so I'm expecting a power outage.

  12. #132
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - N2 There's one - 10/29

    Hurricane Sandy's going to hit my area, too, but I think I should be fine with electricity, since my power line is connected to a hospital's. Being top priority and everything, any power outages I have shouldn't be too severe, I don't think.

    EDIT:

    Okay, wow, apparently I cannot differentiate between a cable/internet/phone/whatever and a power company? ._. Um, well, yeah. Nevermind this; still possible I'll lose internet connection. :<
    Last edited by Akuraito; 29th October 2012 at 05:05 PM.

  13. #133
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - N2 There's one - 10/29

    Well, I'm going to keep playing until my power goes out or until the game is halted or whatever.

    It's sorta boring that KidBeano was lynched on only two votes. Inactive players make the game uneventful. If anyone has any information and would like to help me scumhunt, feel free to contact me. :)

  14. #134
    noble roar Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    olivine city, johto.
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - N2 There's one - 10/29

    Paperhorse, why did you only pick on Feralize, Hitomi and Zenax specifically when mentioning inactive players earlier, and why would you bring up inactivity when only two phases had passed? Greece, FrostyGaga and Soulmaster were in the same boat, too.

  15. #135
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - N2 There's one - 10/29

    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Paperhorse, why did you only pick on Feralize, Hitomi and Zenax specifically when mentioning inactive players earlier, and why would you bring up inactivity when only two phases had passed? Greece, FrostyGaga and Soulmaster were in the same boat, too.
    It was just a response to Mijzelffan because he brought them up. Plus at that point, Greece, FrostyGaga and Soulmaster have all posted at least once.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •