Mafia: War Room Party (5th game) - Finally over, Town victory - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: War Room Party (5th game) - Finally over, Town victory

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: War Room Party (5th game) - D4 Silence - 11/3

You still rather would have a no lynch and no info, having a nightkill while being in the exact same situation the next day due to the cop's death, whereas a lynch would've provided info regardless of the outcome. Wanting to keep the town in the dark is a mafia trait. A trait you posess.

Blog Entries

Role get! First to PM me and convince me their point is valid is first to convince me their point is valid.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    You still rather would have a no lynch and no info, having a nightkill while being in the exact same situation the next day due to the cop's death, whereas a lynch would've provided info regardless of the outcome. Wanting to keep the town in the dark is a mafia trait. A trait you posess.
    What information exactly were you planning to get out of that lynch except whether or not Zenax was mafia or town? Lynching an inactive won't GET any information, because they haven't actually DONE anything. I never said I wanted to keep the town in the dark: I just don't see, in particular, what information you're going to get out of an inactive lynch, nor why it's a practical action at all. Also, you called me out for being 'confident' in what I said when you hadn't presented any reason to be suspicious of Zenax, but now you're really 'confident' in saying that I want to keep the town in the dark, for no other reason that I tried to prevent an inactive lynch because it won't do shit for us?

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Lynching an inactive won't GET any information, because they haven't actually DONE anything.
    Assuming no one shares a role, it does let you narrow down what role the active players can have (who are actually doing things and potential threats). It's not the best of information and as you've said it isn't always beneficial but its something. A tie is nothing.

Honestly, I do suspect you a bit for the combination of both KidBeano and the tie (and don't bother trying to argue them separately like you did before with Mijz, its the combination for me that causes my suspicion) so I'm fosing for now. There is no hard evidence against you, there is some soft evidence. Who looks more suspicious than you do right now?
    Last edited by Iteru; 4th November 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    Lynching an inactive won't GET any information, because they haven't actually DONE anything.
    Assuming no one shares a role, it does let you narrow down what role the active players can have (who are actually doing things and potential threats). It's not the best of information and as you've said it isn't always beneficial but its something. A tie is nothing.

Honestly, I do suspect you a bit for the combination of both KidBeano and the tie (and don't bother trying to argue them separately like you did before with Mijz, its the combination for me that causes my suspicion) so I'm fosing for now.
    You don't know what roles people have in this game, so you can't exactly 'narrow it down' as you would from a list or something. All it does is mean that there will be less chance of counterclaiming occurring later on in the game.

Well, gee, if all it takes to earn suspicion is not voting a mafia and doing one other isolated, scummy thing (although I've said a million times what I was trying to do, but I understand that it's not what it looks like), then I think you're going to end up with a lot of people FoS'd.

edit: Not anybody that I can see right now, but that's because barely anybody is posting or interacting in-thread.

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

You don't know what roles people have in this game, so you can't exactly 'narrow it down' as you would from a list or something. All it does is mean that there will be less chance of counterclaiming occurring later on in the game.
    Every game here pretty much has the standard set of roles and WR mafias have reused roles before (yeah I'm being meta here, but its true).

Well, gee, if all it takes to earn suspicion is not voting a mafia and doing one other isolated, scummy thing (although I've said a million times what I was trying to do, but I understand that it's not what it looks like), then I think you're going to end up with a lot of people FoS'd.

edit: Not anybody that I can see right now, but that's because barely anybody is posting or interacting in-thread.
    So you understand why I would FOS the one person who has done suspicious things? (As not many are doing anything as you admitted.) Mijz voting an inactive might prompt them to do something. Defending inactives and meaning they don't have to speak for themselves is making the problem worse.

We should give inactives a reason to do things. If not votes then something else at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
    Every game here pretty much has the standard set of roles and WR mafias have reused roles before (yeah I'm being meta here, but its true).
    >meta
    >true

So you understand why I would FOS the one person who has done suspicious things? (As not many are doing anything as you admitted.) Mijz voting an inactive might prompt them to do something. Defending inactives and meaning they don't have to speak for themselves is making the problem worse.

We should give inactives a reason to do things. If not votes then something else at least.
    Well, yeah, but it's not like I'm bothered by your FoS, as long as it's not a vote. Also, I didn't defend the inactive, I argued against the idea of lynching an inactive, which, since it was pretty close to the update time that Mijz had voted Zenax, going to happen -- and Zenax probably wouldn't have been able to respond, as he was not on Skype at the time, if I remember correctly (though I can't guarantee he wasn't, he most likely wasn't, as he's not usually online at around the time Mijz voted him).

Yes, lynching an inactive person is obviously going to make them do things -- such as die.

Additionally, since Mijz voted so close to the update time, I highly doubt that 'making Zenax do something' was not top on his list of priorities, especially given that he said 'no no lynches'. It was obviously his intention to have Zenax lynched for pretty much no reason other than that he was inactive.

edit: Since I really don't want to be lynched, and I'm not going to be online at update time due to school, I'm going to tie the vote. As well as that, I'm claiming: I'm a mason. I'd rather not have my partner claim since that may put them in danger, but, if I survive the phase, I can PM the name of my partner to somebody if that's needed. They can confirm it for you.

Vote: Mijzelffan.
    Last edited by Buoy; 4th November 2012 at 03:52 PM.

THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

edit: Since I really don't want to be lynched, and I'm not going to be online at update time due to school, I'm going to tie the vote. As well as that, I'm claiming: I'm a mason. I'd rather not have my partner claim since that may put them in danger, but, if I survive the phase, I can PM the name of my partner to somebody if that's needed. They can confirm it for you.

Vote: Mijzelffan.
    Honestly, I'm definitely willing to believe a mason claim for now because usually when a mafia member claims mason with another it doesn't end well.

Blog Entries

@Buoy; yeah, voting the most innocent person here, that's totally something an innocent mason would do.

Usually when the masons are only with two persons it means one of them is mafia. In meme mafia I was mafia mason with the innocent neonsands for instance. I've seen it once before on mariowiki too. Buoy is still the most suspicious person, and just because he claims mason doesn't mean he's innocent at all.

Let's recap. Buddying with pichuboy. Stopping a lynch on zenax. Voting a person who singlehandedly got rid of a mafia. You can't get more mafioso than that.

if I survive the phase, I can PM the name of my partner to somebody if that's needed. They can confirm it for you.
    Yeah, pm it to somebody. Who will most likely be your fellow mafia. Then he can back up your claim and you're clear. Collect mass claims while you're at it.

Or if you're actually innocent, pm it to some random mafioso would you. Yeah that's totally safer than just saying it in-thread.
    Last edited by Mijzelffan; 4th November 2012 at 05:23 PM.

yeah, voting the most innocent person here, that's totally something an innocent mason would do.
    I honestly think that you are lucky rather than innocent. Your logic in lynching inactives is quite flawed, whether or not it got us a mafia. The only reason that you voted for Zenax was because he hadn't been active. No real logic or evidence behind it. We got lucky and he was mafia. If you were actually aiming for activity like you claimed to be, start up a conversation, analyze posts, do something, but voting at the last second was a gamble that wouldn't bring activity. I don't think a townie would make such a gamble without good reason. You didn't have a good reason. And trying to frame Buoy because you got lucky isn't making you look any more innocent in my eyes. Buoy defended Zenax because the idea of lynching inactives is flawed. Plus, masons are rarely of different alignments anyway.

I'm going to trust Buoy, at least for now.

VOTE: Mijzelffan

Blog Entries

@Feralize; Do you honestly believe Mijzelffan would bus his own teammate like that? It just doesn't make sense. xD

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Feralize

Buoy claimed mason and voted Mijz to stop his own lynch. You're voting Mijz because you think there's something scummy about his inactive lynch -- when his lynch was the only vote against mafia. Without dissecting your post (Masons are by definition of the same alignment; Mijz isn't "Framing" Buoy; You can't explain away Mijz's lynch no matter how you spin it): keep spinning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    yeah, voting the most innocent person here, that's totally something an innocent mason would do.
    I honestly think that you are lucky rather than innocent.
    If I'm innocent I was lucky. If I was mafia I was unlucky. I can not be not innocent and lucky in the scenario that took place.

Your logic in lynching inactives is quite flawed, whether or not it got us a mafia. The only reason that you voted for Zenax was because he hadn't been active. No real logic or evidence behind it. We got lucky and he was mafia. If you were actually aiming for activity like you claimed to be, start up a conversation, analyze posts, do something, but voting at the last second was a gamble that wouldn't bring activity.

None of this changes the fact that I'm awesome and lynched a mafioso singlehandedly, and are therefore most likely innocent.

I don't think a townie would make such a gamble without good reason. You didn't have a good reason.
    If anything I don't think mafia would make such a gamble without good reason. Mafia are much more valuable to their team than townies after all.

And trying to frame Buoy because you got lucky isn't making you look any more innocent in my eyes. Buoy defended Zenax because the idea of lynching inactives is flawed.
    I'm not framing buoy, I am lynching him for trying to stop the lynch of a mafioso. He and you can sugarglace it all you want, the core is still there.

Plus, masons are rarely of different alignments anyway.
    Masons are rarely only with two persons too. Using the same logics as you I hereby conclude what Buoy is saying is false and assume he is lying.

I'm going to trust Buoy, at least for now.

VOTE: Mijzelffan
    He only voted me to save his own ass (or so he says). You blindly following him kinda says something about you both. Namely that you're both most likely mafia.

unvote: buoy
    vote: feralize

Blog Entries

Like I said earlier, there is no way Mijzelffan would lynch his own teammate like that.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I'[m willing to trust Mijzelffan because he was the only one to vote Zenax and I don't think he would bust his own teammate like that.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast