Mafia: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up - Page 9

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - DAY 1 To Remember - 2012-08-05

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post
    Um, I think most townies don't want to seem suspicious so they aren't lynched, thus hurting the town?
    Then every townies should sit on the sideline and wait just to be sure that they won't be mislynched? :/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

But the thing is Belarus, you have to take risks (sometimes) and vote and it doesn't matter if you seem suspicious, doesn't everyone at the beginning? I mean, guilty until proven innocent pretty much. You can't always hide behind a vote you WERE going to make because it'd put suspicion on you... Does that really matter? It's like when people intentionally post during a bandwagon saying 'I'm not going to take part in this even though there are 7 votes already on them because if they're town I will look suspicious'. Either vote, or don't vote but it's better to keep quiet about a vote you were going to make.

Blog Entries

I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

@Soulmaster; -> if anything whoever is mafia is less likely to vote period.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Belarus.: III (Mijzelffan, Axle Helios, Buoy)
    FinalArcadia: I (Lithuania)
    CAR*: I (FinalArcadia)
    Joltik: I (Phoenicks)
    Ryuutakeshi: I (Neon Borealis)
    Fresa: I (Soulmaster)

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

@Joltik;, why are you more so concerned about Phoenicks? It's just a random vote. That bothers me more than Lithuania, honestly. Mafia are usually the super-defensive ones.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Seems like the odds are in our favour then.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Vote: No Lynch

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Of course, the odds have not been very dependable of late.

I'm sorry, I had to.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Central African Republic* View Post

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.
    Asking for a no lynch after 6 hours into a 44 hours long phase?

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    I want to know why he voted for me.
    It's Day 1 -- there's not much to say about it except: if you're town you shouldn't be so worked up about one random vote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Central African Republic* View Post

Asking for a no lynch after 6 hours into a 44 hours long phase?
    Oh, I didn't realise this was 44 hours long. I just wanted the no lynch to have the majority before tomorrow, because you usually get peak mafia hours, and when I'm online in the morning, everyone else is still usually sleeping, so I needed to get it done now [/waffle]

I'm gonna keep it there, just so I don't have to worry about re-adding it later, which I'll just end up doing anyway.

Even with 44 hours, I'll be surprised if we get anything majorly useful in this phase.
    MORE CAPS

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

Sounds like the Reverse Gambler's fallacy to me.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    Sounds like the Reverse Gambler's fallacy to me.
    No, I don't think that's the case (although as an A-Level Maths student where stats form a chunk of the subject, that article was quite interesting :3). Belarus. isn't saying "I've been townie in loads of games, so I'm most likely to still be town", but more "In the games I've been town, I've been active and not-lynched." However, I don't get what that has to do with the 'I don't want to seem suspicious' thing that got brought up.

Zenax was trying to make a point that if we all were quite reserved, and didn't go out of our way to do things in fear it would make us suspicious, we'd never get anything done. So, I guess in a way, only adopt a strategy if you would be happy for everyone else in the game to use it too. That seems reasonable, right? ;o
    MORE CAPS

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast