Mafia: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up - Page 11
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

Default Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - DAY 1 To Remember - 2012-08-05

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Vote:Phoenicks

The reason why I'm voting is because voting for the host would give a null tell, and he voted for me when I realized that. You couldn't blame him for not voting. I hope you get what I'm saying it hard to word this right.

Also, @Greece;, you have ignored another Question That I asked, funny how you keep on doing that. Why were you helping Nick?

Goodness, I'm not helping him, I just wanted your reason for reacting the way you did, it's day one and day one is full of random votes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

Unvote: Joltik
    Vote: Joltik

"Helping" a random vote is a contradiction in terms. (I did have a vote.) No need to be aggressive or accusatory when someone asks you a question. Getting worked up on Day 1 is Scumtelling or Dumbtelling. I'm going to hazard at the former.
    By Helping I meant how she was Taking the attention of of you, and on to me. And unless others agree with my points, you're not getting lynched. And putting pressure on people is a way to scum hunt. Unless I'm mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

By Helping I meant how she was Taking the attention of of you, and on to me. And unless others agree with my points, you're not getting lynched. And putting pressure on people is a way to scum hunt. Unless I'm mistaken.
    There was no good reason to put attention on Phoenicks initially...he was joking until you called him out, which seemed like you were a bit eager to jump on him for his vote.

It can be an effective scumhunting tactic when done properly, but honestly, I think that you're coming across as pretty defensive (despite insisting you aren't), and even a little rude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't know I was coming of as rude, am I'm sorry that I did, So I'll guess I'll unvote him.

Unvote:Phoenicks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't know I was coming of as rude, am I'm sorry that I did, So I'll guess I'll unvote him.

Unvote:Phoenicks
    You weren't coming off as rude for voting Phoenicks; that isn't what I meant. Just the way you spoke to Greece was a little (for a lack of a better word) forceful, she kept apologizing and you just kept interrogating her. Though, it could just be me.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vote:Phoenicks

The reason why I'm voting is because voting for the host would give a null tell, and he voted for me when I realized that. You couldn't blame him for not voting. I hope you get what I'm saying it hard to word this right.
    Didn't see this when I responded earlier. The host vote was an in-joke between Mintaka and I.

The only person putting attention on me was you; anyone could have responded to you and thus "take the attention off of" me. I don't feel pressured either way; as Mijz says, pressure doesn't work if you announce it as such. Hence why I won't elaborate my vote today. Case-building on scum starts in earnest tomorrow, when we have a record of knowledge. Otherwise, if you want to talk to me, shoot me a PM.

Scumhunting has a watching component and an action component. The action component is well-understood. Watching is harder. Scumhunting is like stalking deer. Telling someone how they are behaving, with exceptions, is like startling that deer; people will change their own behavior when you describe it to them. If you want to understand how someone acts in normal circumstances, disengage and observe them in their natural habitat. Announcing your intention to do something before you do it causes a different, less natural, response than just doing it. Scumhunting is as much about watching as doing.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    ... might as well random vote...

Vote: Ryuutakeshi

Will most likely change depending on what happens this phase.
    Could you at least do me the courtesy of justify your vote against me? I don't like people randomly pointing guns at my head and threatening me with them.

I do find it strange that Nick(If you don't mind me calling you that) Voted for the host, then when I stated that he did vote for the host, he voted for me, and when I asked him, he has not replied. I don't know if this seems off to you guys but it's just my thoughts.
    Considering it's Nick, this doesn't surprise me at all actually. But it's all sorted now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;
    Quote Originally Posted by Central African Republic* View Post
    Vote: No Lynch
    VOTE: CAR

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.
    I do not like it when people go for no lynch. Especially since your reasoning is that even if no one dies we still have the information. What is that supposed to mean? How does that justify essentially give a potential mafioso a free pass on day 1?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    ... might as well random vote...

Vote: Ryuutakeshi

Will most likely change depending on what happens this phase.
    Could you at least do me the courtesy of justify your vote against me? I don't like people randomly pointing guns at my head and threatening me with them.
    Well, at that point, everyone was random voting. I wanted to participate, but I didn't know what to do (I'm still lost), I just decided to vote randomly in order to get some discussion going.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And do you still think me worth voting for?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Not really. I was just throwing that vote to see what happened.

Unvote: Ryuutakeshi

I still don't know who to vote for though.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Um, why did you post-quote me and then not say anything after?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post
    Um, why did you post-quote me and then not say anything after?
    right, I was going to ask "so? That was luck, not a rule."

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was in response to Zenax's quote, which I apparently misread horridly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I honestly don't know who to vote... I'll read through and make my decision later. I'm here to prove my existance XDD
    Last edited by Yato; 5th August 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I do not like it when people go for no lynch. Especially since your reasoning is that even if no one dies we still have the information. What is that supposed to mean? How does that justify essentially give a potential mafioso a free pass on day 1?
    Well, essentially, my reasoning is "I do this every Day 1", but we're not exactly giving the mafia a free pass. Chances are, we will hit a town member on a vote based on nothing more than what is, at the moment, pretty ridiculous reasoning (especially since some of these votes are self-confessed random votes with no logic behind them).

I've seen mafia games start on Night 1 before, with Day 1 coming afterwards. No Lynching would be a similar situation, just with the fact that we've had a Day phase already to talk and gather initial impressions of people. Your "free pass" thing only holds true if no lynching would be disadvantageous, but the fact that the mafia are going to get a kill on Night 1 whether we lynch or not means that it then comes down to whether we go into Day 1 with two townies gone, a mafia and a townie gone, or one townie gone (disregarding independents for now). Since the most likely outcome is that we hit a townie with the lynch, why bother? Wait until we have some actual evidence or strong suspicions to accuse people with, instead of a game of "Random votes and how people react to them".

One thing I would like to question is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Unvote: Joltik
    Vote: Joltik
    Unvoting and then re-voting the same person?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast