War Room Mafia – BYOB
Veterans VS ‘New Age’
BYOB = Bring Your Own Brainwave.
Brought back by a popular demand, a new story for War Room Mafia begins!
Settings: Late June, 2012
Ahem! Today, I’m going to tell you the story of the War Room…oops, wrong line.
It is common knowledge that the realm called The War Room did not exist from the start. The first mafia games had no special place for themselves. Mafia games existed as barely visible bubbles of loud voices. They were instable. And the bigger problem was that these bubbles had enough energy to hurt an eardrum or two. Hell, in some serious cases, they could affect a person’s mental health and drive them insane. After people enjoyed a game of mafia, they had to immediately evacuate the scene, before that bubble of boiling argument could burst on their faces. Thus no more than one mafia game could exist. Also, they could not be recorded for future reference.
Then it was discovered that when people used their brains for thinking, their brains emitted waves of a certain frequency. While how much brainwave an individual would emit differed from individual to individual with no particular pattern, these brainwaves had power to create an isolated space. These spaces couldn’t hold physical matter, but they could hold voices. So since this discovery, mafia games were safer. People would gather their brainwaves to create a telekinetic space for a certain mafia game. Once it was created, one or two ‘hosts’ would restrain the explosive potential of the mafia while others actually play. ‘Players’ would use brainwaves, enabling safer private communications and adding new functions that they could do. Being stable meant that more than one or two mafia games could be ‘hosted’ simultaneously. And further, these telekinetic spaces recorded voices and brainwaves as a series of posts (‘threads’), enabling future reference. This was a revolution in the history of mafia games. More people started to participate in mafia games, eager to lend their brainwaves for the better of the community.
Later, these founders went a step further. In some mysterious method, these founders gathered brainwaves at one simultaneous effort, and as a result, a permanent space was created. This realm was named The War Room. Threads remained within the realm, peacefully. If a person wanted to host a mafia game, all they would need to do is send a simple, quick wave signal to the ‘mind’ of The War Room. At an appropriate time, The War Room would create a smaller realm that would serve as the playground for that game. Players’ brainwaves would be registered by the ‘threads’ so that it would recognize who is a player and who not. Now there was less relying on people’s brainwaves to create and maintain spaces for mafia games.
Thus no one needed to use their brainwaves to keep the mafia game threads in place. Thus the skills of using one’s brainwaves to create an isolated space were no longer needed. As time went on, the knowledge regarding brainwaves faded from the general community. By late 2011, as new people visited the realm, use of brainwaves to make telekinetic spaces even disappeared from the public community. Brainwaves were still of use when it came to playing in games. However, only those from the old times remembered how to make telekinetic spaces with brainwaves. Some others have learned of the story secondhand through the initial gang. And they were all worried that the skill might be abused. After all, there was a slight concern that people with very strong brainwaves, they could manipulate the space and further, even the minds of those in the same telekinetic space. Those who remembered the full history, they swore to keep this legacy a secret. Only through the vaguest rumors, the story that a ‘mystical power’ created the realm called War Room passed from one person to another.
…however, these ‘Veterans’ would never expect that among those of newer generation, a small group of rogues called ‘New Age’, there would be those who desired this secret power, and do not hesitate to make a sacrifice or two in exchange for the knowledge…
RULES, PLEASE READ THEM
1. As the host, I take actions I find necessary to run the game, including editing rules if needed.
2. PENALTIES FOR:
- POOR SPORTSMANSHIP. Be sportive to other players and the host, public or private. If I find that you’re being rude behind the scenes, I will sub you out or remove you.3. INACTIVITY: Three straight phases with zero posting and contacting players/host, or lacking any play in the game, will mean that I shall sub you out. I’m fine with lurking. In such cases, simply give me a PM that you’re there, though a post in public will rid of this burden. If you expect that you’ll be away for a period within five days, just let me know, and I won’t sub you. You will remain as a player. You can be targeted with all actions and votes if you remain under this privilege.
- 'NAMECLAIMING’. You cannot claim, whether real or fake, based on facts other than the action/ability. Public or private. No (user)names, no facts or hints based on the person that your role is based on. Don’t try vague stuff. That includes “You are (not) me” thing. There will be no second chances, this will be immediate modkill.
- SHARING/FAKING ROLE PMs. No second chances.
- SCREENSHOTS. I will prohibit it this time around. Don’t use them in any way.
- POSTING OR USING THE ‘LIKE’ BUTTON AFTER DEATH. Stick to that one ‘Damn, I’m dead’ post. No sharing information, no naming players. No further posts outside that one last post, and no to using the ‘Like’ button.
These apply for all players regardless of alignment and will warrant either a straight modkill or being subbed out.
4. PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS: Any is fine, be it Private Messages, QuickTopic, IRC, or Instant Messages. Just let me have the records in any way, via forwarding me the messages or sharing the link to the QT thread. You can fake these records, via faking the text.
5. USERNAME CHANGES: Please post in the thread if you have changed your username.
6. VOTES: For voting, say "Vote: [player]". To cancel that, just post "Unvote: [player]" and then post a new name if you want to. Please use bold font for easier notice. Regarding voting for 'No Lynch', you may vote so, but when there is a tie between a ‘No Lynch’ and a player, the lynching will take place.
7. UPDATES: Each phase will last for 24 hours. Updates will be done at 11 PM GMT +9. This equals to 9 AM EST (GMT -5) with no daylight savings. If I do not update the game after two hours passed from this time, consider that I cannot update the game and the phase will be automatically extended by 24 hours. I will let you know ahead as much as I can, if I expect real life stuff that could prevent me from updating. Results for actions will be sent before the updates. While you may change the target of your actions as long as it’s before the update, some actions will take effect as soon as I read the PM.
8. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Please note that for some questions, privately asking would be more appropriate. Also I might not answer some questions for my own reasons. ;)
To show that you agree with these rules, write in BOLD text “I will respect the host and the players. I will not claim outside of alignment and action/ability, share or fake role PMs, use screenshots, talk after death, or conduct other violations” in your sign-up post. Even if you are here after having had reserved a spot, please post such to confirm that you are still going to play the game and checked the rules.