Mafia: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013) - Page 21

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead Mafia: Endgame- Mafia win! (31/5/2013)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Walking Dead Mafia: Day 2 - My Refuge, My Fortress (05/5/2013)

"Of all the money that I had, I spent it in good company.
    And of all the harm that I’ve done, alas it was to none but me.
    And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall.
    So fill to me the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all"

Another day had been and gone. The prison group had spent much of it still mourning the loss of their dear friend, Hershel. His daughters, Maggie and Beth were sitting in silence outside. “I don’t want to go on” Beth confessed as the tears dripped slowly down her face. “You have Glenn. Who do I have now daddy’s gone”..”You have me!” Maggie quipped, almost angry. Beth stopped for a minute and looked at her sister. At that moment they felt more different than ever. Beth got up and walked away. She observed her friends, too pre-occupied and awkward to approach her now. She noticed Glenn walking over to Maggie and giving her a hug. Death was something she had wished for in the past and with the death of her father she was more ready to face hers than ever. She made her away across the prison grounds and clumsily climbed over fence. Cutting herself on the barbed wire, the scent of her blood filled her nostrils. She smiled as she headed in the direction of the nearest walker, singing as she always does during moments of peace. Link

It is now Night 2. You can start sending in your night actions. This phase will end at approximately 9pm EST on the 8/05/2013.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Walking Dead Mafia: Night 2 - Beside the Dying Fire (07/5/2013)

I have finally caught up and appreciate everyone's patience. My reads so far (based on everything) are listed. It did take me a few days to read through the thread (and it's past 3am here), so some may be vague, but I'm willing to expand upon them on request.

-jda's "joke vote" rubbed me the wrong way - several others have pointed out that there was no indication whatsoever that it was a joke, and its timing seemed off. However, I think that if he was mafia, he would've been more serious and maybe a bit more defensive when explaining himself. Null leaning very slightly town.
    -Beck was obviously mafia.
    -I'm not sure what to make of the Beck/jda defenses. Given jda's copcheck, I think the most likely scenario was that Beck defended jda to incriminate him.
    -Froakie's Innocent Child confirmation isn't too helpful imo. Given the probability of a converter (based on what others have stated about the show) plus her play so far (not giving much in the way of opinions, reads, etc; insisting that she wouldn't be a likely conversion target), I do understand the claim to Midorikawa/hesitance to trust her. Additionally, I don't like her repeated hinting at information (such as "Or don't kill me, I may or may not have a second ability, if you believe me enough when I say "I don't", then my kill would be a waste, surely?") - again, it's less than helpful.
    -I'm not all that comfortable with Midorikawa's overall aggressive tone (I am willing to explain if this reasoning is a problem) and dropping the lynch on Sunburn suddenly (she initially said that she didn't think she could put together a "charismatic" case on him, then dropped the vote altogether in favor of Beck). Yes, other actions look more pro-town, but I'm more null than anything. Some explanation would be appreciated and may sway my opinion.
    -Oswin's rather premature No Lynch vote was a bit odd, but he hasn't done too much aside from that, so I really don't have much of a read for now.
    -m0ckingbird20 is probably the most town player so far in my opinion.
    -Sunburn hasn't been that active, but he did push for a Day 1 lynch (even if it was him). Null leaning slightly town.
    -TheMissingno. has been reasonably active, but I'm honestly not sure what to make of his actions quite yet. Null.
    -Mijzelffan hasn't said a lot so far that stands out to me much either way. Null.
    -Spectrum Achromatic hasn't said much and seems to be a little too neutral imo. Leaning very slightly scummy. Stating her reads that were promised here would be nice.
    -GengarWithSunglasses hasn't contributed much of substance at all. As of right now, slightly scum.
    -A bit of a townread on HumanDawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    If, like someone pointed out previously, there IS serial killer among us... then it's probably unlikely there's a converter as well.
    I think it's possible but unlikely unless there are some pretty powerful town roles to balance it.

Fact: Serial killers are usually aligned as Independent.
    Serial killers are independent by definition.

I don't really know how converters work, but can they convert Independents into a mafia member? Well, let's say they can.
    If so, then IF, by chance, the mafia converts the serial killer, does that mean the mafia gains two kills during the night? Or would the serial killer lose their role and become a goon? Iirc, in the few games I played, townies that were converted still kept their roles, so the serial killer might keep it as well.

If the serial killer DOESN'T lose their role, then this would make the town near impossible to win. One mislynch during the day and two kills during the night equals town massacre.
    IF both exist in the game, I'd bet that the conversion would fail if used on the serial killer. Recruiting a serial killer to the mafia would not only throw the balance way off, but void the SK's win condition, making it far too easy for them to win.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mutie
    -I'm not all that comfortable with Midorikawa's overall aggressive tone (I am willing to explain if this reasoning is a problem) and dropping the lynch on Sunburn suddenly (she initially said that she didn't think she could put together a "charismatic" case on him, then dropped the vote altogether in favor of Beck). Yes, other actions look more pro-town, but I'm more null than anything. Some explanation would be appreciated and may sway my opinion.
    Please do explain the problem with my behavior.

Also on the Sunburn thing I was voting him because I thought he had more posts and they were neutral. Though it was meta in my mind and I didn't think anyone would follow my crappy explanations unlike when people follow MM despite having little to no evidence. Also MM and m0cking were attacking me for not voting Sunburn so I felt pressurized and with Beck's vote on him I thought I could get another vote with my own skills. However when I re-read the thread I found him to not be scummy and changed my vote back to my top suspect who I had evidence on.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

It could have been worse.
    @Paperhorse; @CrackFox;

Do those that have subbed in for a player get all what was said privately?

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    It could have been worse.
    @Paperhorse; @CrackFox;

Do those that have subbed in for a player get all what was said privately?
    No.

Blog Entries

Just under 2 hours before the update. Please remember to submit your night actions if your haven't already. Thanks

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

“The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

“We should leave.”

“No.”

“There isn’t something right with this place, Sasha, I can feel it.”

Sasha stepped closer to her older brother, her eyes blazing. “No,” she repeated firmly. “I ain’t living on the road no more. This place is safe.”

Tyreese grumbled. “I don’t trust that Governor.”

Tyreese and Sasha stood along the outer wall, guarding the sleepy Woodbury from the Biters. It was a particularly dark night; the moon was safely hidden behind the clouds.

It was also rather chilly. Sasha spent most of the night thinking about how cold her toes were, and longed for a comfortable bed. She guessed it was almost 2 am; she was always good at guessing what time it was, making her never late for anything.

After their argument the two of them grew silent. They still fought often; just as often as they did as children. However, they were both grateful they still had each other.

Suddenly, Sasha heard rustling noises in the bushes next to the wall.

“I’ll check it out,” she said. Before Tyreese could argue, Sasha disappeared into the darkness.

Tyreese stood silently; his heart beating quickly. He knew something was wrong.

When he heard her screams, he rushed to her side, but unfortunately it was too late…

Tyreese dragged Sasha’s body out of the bushes, crying.

“What was a biter doing inside the walls?” he thought with horror. Suddenly a crippling thought dawned on him.

“The Governor,” he thought. “THE GOVERNOR DID THIS.”

Tyreese ran to the Governor’s home in a blind rage and burst through the door.

The Governor was awake, sipping a glass of whisky. He smirked when he saw Tyreese’s rage.

“YOU KILLED MY SISTER!” he screamed. But before Tyreese could even move, the Governor took out a gun and shot Tyreese in the head.

It is now Day 3. Phase ends 5/10/13 at 9:00 pm EST

Last edited by Paperhorse; 8th May 2013 at 08:15 PM.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Walking Dead Mafia: Day 3- Made to Suffer (08/5/2013)

Awww. That's heartbreaking. :'( Poor Sasha.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Looking at the FT, it looks clear that there's a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutie View Post
    I don't really know how converters work, but can they convert Independents into a mafia member? Well, let's say they can.
    If so, then IF, by chance, the mafia converts the serial killer, does that mean the mafia gains two kills during the night? Or would the serial killer lose their role and become a goon? Iirc, in the few games I played, townies that were converted still kept their roles, so the serial killer might keep it as well.

If the serial killer DOESN'T lose their role, then this would make the town near impossible to win. One mislynch during the day and two kills during the night equals town massacre.
    IF both exist in the game, I'd bet that the conversion would fail if used on the serial killer. Recruiting a serial killer to the mafia would not only throw the balance way off, but void the SK's win condition, making it far too easy for them to win.
    But that would also mean that the mafia has to risk outing themselves. There's no guarantee that the serial killer won't target a mafia member, so the mafia would also want to get rid of the SK as soon as possible. If they try converting someone, and then it fails (nobody new joins their QT), then it's almost certain that it's the serial killer because the doctor is already dead and town roleblockers are rare. They'd probably be all for lynching the SK right on the next day phase, and that's where they'd have to risk their outing. Good logic could save them, but in the case said serial killer has shown neutral to townish reads, then it is going to be difficult to lead a lynch on the SK because they'd have to fake an informative role, and town role-cops are uncommon. Of course, they COULD leave the SK alone, but that means putting themselves in danger of becoming the SK's next target. There's a possibility that the next SK kills could all be mafia members straight until the end, even though the chances are small. Maybe they could just kill the SK during the night, but I dunno - would the SK's last target be killed at the same time the mafia goes after the SK? Will there be two deaths? If there IS two deaths, there's also no guarantee that the SK's target is a mafia member. Also, they'd be using a night kill when they'd rather kill a townie.

So since it looks like the SK exists, I came to the conclusion that there is no converter in this game.

1. If mafia targets SK and converts SK into mafia member - SK's win condition becomes void. And like Mutie said, it throws the balance off.
    2. If mafia targets SK and conversion fails - mafia either risks outing themselves to lynch, or is forced to use a night kill

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

no not fa nooooo

An every night Serial Killer? That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Awww. That's heartbreaking. :'( Poor Sasha.
    VOTE: Octy

That post is all you've done this game, and I'd like you to speak up more.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

vote: Spectrum Achromatic

You are really obsessed with disproving a converter, while most people who watch this show agree that there is very likely to be one. Neither of those arguments are particularly strong, so what if a conversion on a serial killer fails? I don't see how that would be an argument for there to not be one. I'm starting to find your stubbornness on this issue a bit suspicious.

@HumanDawn; you realise that's probably because she just subbed in, right? She replaced akuraito.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    vote: Spectrum Achromatic

You are really obsessed with disproving a converter, while most people who watch this show agree that there is very likely to be one. Neither of those arguments are particularly strong, so what if a conversion on a serial killer fails? I don't see how that would be an argument for there to not be one. I'm starting to find your stubbornness on this issue a bit suspicious.

@HumanDawn; you realise that's probably because she just subbed in, right? She replaced akuraito.
    I already stated possible actions that could be taken in my post. While there COULD be a converter, chances are there might not be a converter in the first place at all. Mafia might be willing to keep saying that there's a converter to make the town confused and unable to trust one another.

FoS: Mijzellfan

IF, however, a converter really exists, then I doubt they'd have converted Froakie. An Innocent Child's most powerful advantage is to be a confirmed townie from the start of the game - being exempt from lynches, and an additional ability would be OP. Thus, it's more likely Froakie is a Vanilla Child, so the mafia wouldn't convert Froakie because there's no advantage to them.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Spectrum Achromatic; 1) Froakie being pre-confirmed makes her the perfect target however all of us that watch TWD are playing on the basis of a possible converter. 2) People can still make alliances and work together. 3) There is nothing wrong with being cautious. You seem really intent on proving there is no converter right now.

VOTE: Spectrum Achromatic

Day one random voting a host is the simplest way to avoid later suspicion in case you're voted person was lynched or killed. Also the suggestion of everyone claiming to Froakie which would have made it easy for mafia to get out claims. Also I asked this before but you never answered:

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic
    It was mostly due to jda's response other people. I was reading through the thread and his posts stood out with more emotional expressions (other than Human, who used pictures) and it seemed he was overreacting.

As for others, give me some time to re-read through the thread.
    So you were reading the stuff on jda but not everything else?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Spectrum Achromatic; 1) Froakie being pre-confirmed makes her the perfect target however all of us that watch TWD are playing on the basis of a possible converter. 2) People can still make alliances and work together. 3) There is nothing wrong with being cautious. You seem really intent on proving there is no converter right now.

VOTE: Spectrum Achromatic

Day one random voting a host is the simplest way to avoid later suspicion in case you're voted person was lynched or killed. Also the suggestion of everyone claiming to Froakie which would have made it easy for mafia to get out claims. Also I asked this before but you never answered:

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic
    It was mostly due to jda's response other people. I was reading through the thread and his posts stood out with more emotional expressions (other than Human, who used pictures) and it seemed he was overreacting.

As for others, give me some time to re-read through the thread.
    So you were reading the stuff on jda but not everything else?
    I thought I said that his posts stood out because of the emotional expressions? It was more easy to remember, not that I didn't read other posts.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I already stated possible actions that could be taken in my post. While there COULD be a converter, chances are there might not be a converter in the first place at all. Mafia might be willing to keep saying that there's a converter to make the town confused and unable to trust one another.

FoS: Mijzellfan
    Any actual reason for this FoS other than him disagreeing with you?

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast